AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course not all Hispanic people look alike. But so far there hasn't been any description citing distinctive features.
On a side note, whenever a Parabon image is released and it's a white male with brown eyes I always think, greeeaaat...that really narrows it down (sarcasm).
Agree that there has been NO SKETCH of the person that was allegedly seen at the park.

IMO had LE any degree of confidence in the description that they would have moved heaven and earth to put out a sketch of some sort and blast it through the region.

We have not seen any such actions and in fact LE seemed to back off the red vehicle and description of the alleged perp early in the process of searching for Dulce.

The only other reason I could think of for not releasing a sketch is if perhaps a sketch was done and LE immediately recognised the person and so kept the information close in order to conduct a search outside the public view. Pure speculation but its odd IMO to have an alleged view of a perp and no image released to the public in a kidnapping/abduction case.

MOO

Agree to that.
However, I would think directionally, it's worthy of consideration.

It's misleading, one rapist could've made an impact on those numbers and we don't have up to date numbers so we have no idea if that person has been arrested. Look at how much the numbers jump up and down, pay particular attention to the rate of rapes per resident. It drops by more than half more than once which is clearly because of one or a couple of arrests.

We have an issue with a lot of statutory's around here also to take into consideration

Agree that there has been NO SKETCH of the person that was allegedly seen at the park.

IMO had LE any degree of confidence in the description that they would have moved heaven and earth to put out a sketch of some sort and blast it through the region.

We have not seen any such actions and in fact LE seemed to back off the red vehicle and description of the alleged perp early in the process of searching for Dulce.

The only other reason I could think of for not releasing a sketch is if perhaps a sketch was done and LE immediately recognised the person and so kept the information close in order to conduct a search outside the public view. Pure speculation but its odd IMO to have an alleged view of a perp and no image released to the public in a kidnapping/abduction case.

MOO
I don't think it's strange if there is not a witness who was able to describe what he looked like. It doesn't seem like anybody was close enough to get a good look at the guy.
There is no eye color, age approximation, hair color or length, just a vague description of a light-skinned man, possibly hispanic, with acne and no facial hair.
Without more detail I'm not sure how they can create a sketch at all. Especially if the only person who saw him was a very young child. Imo

MOO
It's not odd at all. Description of suspect and red van came from a child of tender age, possibly even non-verbal 3 year old brother. How one could get a sketch under those circumstances would be beyond my understanding. LE doesn't know who the suspect is, that much is pretty clear.

Thank you, I'm happy to help.
And the woods, I'm personally and have never been someone who would play outside or go exploring. Only her family would know if that was in her personality to be adventurous. And as a young child, I think we all had a sense of invincibility and absentminded-ness when we're in
"play mode".

For an example, as an adult we aren't going to follow a kitten into the woods, but children may. That's how abductors who use luring tactics successfully take their victims.
It's possible for a child to go exploring, but one would think they would have found her by now if that was the case.

Last edited:
Well, the statistics may or may not be helpful in identifying the suspect. There are many factors that influence statistics, and they can change in a short amount of time.

We also have to take into account that they do not include cases that were never reported or suspects who haven't been caught, or how many cases involve pedophiles, or how many victims were assaulted by one person, or how many cases involved violence or murder.

We also have no idea if this was a sexually motivated crime or not.

LE has said at this point nobody has been cleared.

Although I do think Dulce may have been abducted by someone familiar to the area who is either a stranger or even known to the family, at this point it seems anything is possible.

I do wonder why the prosecutor said that they believe she is far away from the area.

Imo
That last statement seems to “suggest” they think she’s in Mexico. That would certainly be a better option that being in the park. : (

Amateur opinion and speculation

That last statement seems to “suggest” they think she’s in Mexico. That would certainly be a better option that being in the park. : (

Prosecutor seems to think that because they haven't found her in the area, she might be not in the area anymore. It's not exactly iron clad logic.

It's just strange that they would say they think she is far from the area unless they have substantial evidence that she travelled with someone somewhere. There have been no sightings of her at all.

I hope they are not just assuming she is far away because they have not found any trace of her in the area.

If she is out there somewhere, it's important to keep the public alert and looking for her. If they think there is no hope that she or the suspect are in the area they won't be paying much attention and they will just forget about her.

Nothing much was said about the last search. I wonder if many people in the community volunteered to help. It doesn't seem like they are doing much.
The family seem to be the only ones who are trying to keep the story in the media. We have hardly heard anything from people in the community.

Imo

It can be shared because it is the PD official page.

REWARD INCREASED TO $52,000 FOR INFO ON MISSING CHILD

The reward for information leading to the whereabouts of Dulce Maria Alavez has increased to $52,000, according to police.

Chief of Police Michael Gaimari, Sr. announced today that contributions from the unions representing state troopers, non-commissioned officers and superior officers of the New Jersey State Police contributed $10,000 collectively toward the reward.

He added on Friday, he received confirmation from Philadelphia Lodge #5 Fraternal Order of Police of an additional $5,000 and confirmed Monday two other donations of $1,000 each.

Gaimari said anyone with information should call the Bridgeton Police at 451-0033 or the New Jersey State Police Regional Operations Intelligence Center at 609-963-6900.

"Investigators continue to follow leads in the case and have gathered a substantial amount of information through interviews and technological means," the Chief said, "however we are in search of key information that we believe exists through the public that would greatly assist the investigation."

He noted that law enforcement working on the case is interested specifically on locating the missing child and NOT on any potential witness's immigration status.

Those already donating funds toward the reward include Newfield National Bank, the New Jersey State Policeman's Benevolent Association, the Cumberland County Prosecutor's Office, the FBI, El Paisano Inc. of Bridgeton, Insight Workforce Solutions of Cherry Hill and the Bandi Property Group of Northfield.

Dulce Maria Alavez Media Briefing October 4, 2019

-Since Monday, September 16, 2019 when 5 year old Dulce Maria Alavez went missing a massive missing persons and child abduction investigation has been undertaken. To preserve the integrity of the investigation, should we find someone responsible for Dulce’s disappearance, I cannot talk about specific details of the investigation. However, I can tell you generally that:

-More than 300 officers (from local, county, state and federal agencies) have contributed to this investigation thus far.

These investigators continue to work tirelessly to determine the whereabouts of Dulce and the circumstances surrounding his disappearance.

-More than 200 locations, including abandoned buildings and desolate areas have been searched including several extensive searches of the Bridgeton Recreational Area and the City Park by land, air and water.

-I am told that over 1,000 tips were received and processed according to priority.

-Over 500 vehicles have been identified and investigated.

- Over 50 different types of legal process have been served, including court orders and subpoenas.

- Investigators have reviewed and continue to make contact with numerous sex offenders throughout the County to ascertain their whereabouts around the time Dulce went missing.

- Investigators have obtained and are pouring over videos from a myriad of sources of not only the areas surrounding the place where Dulce disappeared, but from throughout the city and bordering townships and are continuing to review same to rule out and rule in vehicles that may continue to be of interest.

- The Bridgeton Police Department, the CCPO, the NJSP and the FBI are still in County actively working this investigation. Both the NJSP and the FBI remain on site as well as lend resources available to them through their respective agencies.

- We thank our additional partners including the NJ Department of Corrections, the NJ Department of Parole, the County Office of Emergency Management, the Bridgeton Fire and Public Works Department, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, the Downe Township Dive Team and others for their cooperation and assistance as they have certainly been a force multiplier in the course of this investigation.

-To date we are still searching for that key piece of information that we need to lead us to Dulce or the circumstances surrounding her disappearance. We continue to examine new leads as they come in and re-examine the massive amount of information we have collected to see if new information helps us connect the dots.

-In the absence of physical evidence indicating that Dulce has been physically harmed, we remain hopeful and are acting under the premise that she is alive. We continue to consider all theories and no piece of information is too small or insignificant to track down.

-Dulce’s family continues to cooperate and we ask you to support them during this difficult time.

-We are asking the public in this county, across the state and across the nation to remain vigilant. We still need your assistance. Any information that seems out of place or relevant - such as a sighting of a young child who looks like Dulce or a person who has begun to act suspiciously might be the tip we need to crack this investigation.

Additionally, investigators are continuing to locate and interview all those who were in the city park area at or near the time of Dulce’s disappearance. If there are people out there that were in the park that afternoon between 3PM and 5PM that have not been contacted, please contact the Prosecutor’s Office or the Bridgeton Police Dept. even if you believe you may not have witnessed anything as this information would help in the investigation.

-If you are a part of the undocumented immigrant community, you don’t have to be fearful of providing information. Our Governor and Attorney General have reiterated what we have already said, in New Jersey if you are a witness, law enforcement cannot and will not ask you about your immigration status. If you remain fearful, we have given you a way to text your information anonymously, please text your information to TIP411 with Bridgeton in the text line.

-We thank the media for keeping this investigation in the public eye. We are grateful to the community at home and the public at large for providing information to help find Dulce.

Attachments

• DD87F07F-7F45-44AE-AD8D-4A9CEF41F141.png
    DD87F07F-7F45-44AE-AD8D-4A9CEF41F141.png
    807.5 KB · Views: 4
ahhhh You guys, I'm in one of the FB groups and someone posted the extended 911 call from a Spanish News Site (Telemundo) but I know I cant link through FB so I'm trying to find the original video. It's....very telling.
I think we've already heard it. There are two versions, one short and one long. The longer one contains the information about the two men chasing Dulce and some other things the dispatcher said which could be misinterpreted. That's probably why they left it out in the shorter version. It's misleading. Imo

I think we've already heard it. There are two versions, one short and one long. The longer one contains the information about the two men chasing Dulce and some other things the dispatcher said which could be misinterpreted. That's probably why they left it out in the shorter version. It's misleading. Imo

The strange mentioning of 2 black men?

The strange mentioning of 2 black men?
Yes, and the description of what she was wearing with her mom asking someone else in Spanish what she was wearing.
Apparently the dispatcher misinterpreted what she said so I'm not sure if it's credible or important to the investigation or not.
LE have never indicated that more than one person is involved so unless it's clarified we don't know if it's relevant.
The whole 911 call is posted further back in the thread somewhere.

She was just repeating what others told her before police arrived. Imo

Was anything posted in sm about Noema’s plans to go to the park that day? Sorry if this has been asked.
I don't think we can discuss any information that is not in MSM.
We don't know if she normally took the kids to the park after school or what her plans were but I'm guessing she had taken them there before. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams