AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last month, investigators said in a statewide Amber Alert that they were searching for a man they believe is Hispanic who was seen leading Dulce from the park to a red van with a sliding door and tinted windows.

McRae said Tuesday that the man seen in the composite sketch is not the same man described in the Amber Alert.
Authorities release sketch of 'possible witness' in case of missing 5-year-old
oops was replying to moonracer

Last month, investigators said in a statewide Amber Alert that they were searching for a man they believe is Hispanic who was seen leading Dulce from the park to a red van with a sliding door and tinted windows.

McRae said Tuesday that the man seen in the composite sketch is not the same man described in the Amber Alert.
Authorities release sketch of 'possible witness' in case of missing 5-year-old
oops was replying to moonracer

Thank you, I was getting mixed up. Edited to add: I'm still mixed up as to two men, but didn't the 911 call say two men chased poor Dulce?

The best i can explain someone young gave the description of the guy in orange shoes and van, a amber alert was put out..then another witness came forward with the guy in the cap/white shirt walking with two kids..moo

Thank you, I was getting mixed up. Edited to add: I'm still mixed up as to two men, but didn't the 911 call say two men chased poor Dulce?
I'm confused about all of this like you are.

I don't know what to think anymore.

I was hoping this was a family abduction, that she was ok. Especially since there is no evidence of her- no spoon, no ice cream cup, a shoe, nothing of her left behind.

I feel that if she was kidnapped, she was familiar with the person.

My thoughts keep going in other directions, but at this time, I can't discuss them because it is against the TOS.

Something just isn't adding up for me.

Morning!

I know we all question how abducters of children are able to know what to do, and what triggers to use, but even gut wrenching for all of us..the simply answer is they are astutely knowledgeable of how children will react to certain things. Ugh!

Fgs, look at how many shows which have been devoted to this same subject matter. And the parents were right there in sight where the young children could see them. Yet, one by one the faux pedophile was able to lead the children off the playground luring them away. Some of the children were even older, and most had been taught beforehand about stranger danger, and what to never do. They interviewed the parents before it started. All of them were positive their child couldn't be lured, and were horrified when it happened time, and time again.

This pedophile predator already knew if he knocked the ice cream from his hand he would immediately run to his mother to tell her what had happened. That's what young children do, and like all predators he knew this before he even did it.

It wasn't about bringing attention to himself. He needed an split moment of opportunity to get Dulce alone which he knew could be done in a blink of an eye.

By the time her brother ran to tell his mom there wouldn't be time enough to her to even process what he was telling her much less time for her to react in time.

Remember Sommer Thompson who was walking home with her sister from school in a busy residential area. All ST did was run a liitle ahead of her sister, and just minutes later she had completely disappeared, and her sister passed the same home within a very few minutes not knowing STs predator had her sister already kidnapped inside of his home where he raped, murdered her, and her body was found later in a landfill.

There are countless cases over the years painfully showing us pedophile predators knows how to seize, and kidnap children at any opportune time.

We must remember they have already preplanned how to kidnap young children. It's their wicked obsession.

Often they use how little time it takes to do so to their evil advantage because they happen right out of the blue with no warning.

Many of the children just disappear into thin air, and it's common per the DOJ studies for the parents of missing children, and others to search to find their missing children on average for 2 hours before calling 911. This also is an advantage for the pedophile kidnappers because per the vast DOJ studies by then they are far away from the original site with the victims already raped, murdered, and their bodies have been most likely discarded by then.:(

I've read articles which have covered the MOs of these kind of offenders. Most already have necessary items in their vehicle or home to bind, and restrain the victim once inside. Also it stated since many are opportunistic predators they constantly cruise areas they know young children will be, like schoolyards, parks, routes to, and from school or will stalk, and surveil the targeted child's home before going in to kidnap their little victims. In the dead of night while the child, and family are all sleeping.

Jmhoo
Hey, Ocean! Yeah, you have an insightful take on the perp using the ice cream as a stalling measure. To me that points to someone who... has done it before and learned from it, or is exceptionally cunning or has spent time fantasizing about such an abduction. Or just got plain lucky. So which is it?

My own research has shown that historically, any of the above can and has been in play. And as you said, parks, empty schoolyards, prior stalking and the old random selection are all included in the MO's of these perpetrators.

And to add, sometimes the urge to act is so overwhelming that the perp is willing to take risks in order to get to his prey. Sadly, in Dulce's case LE hasn't located her, dead or alive, so there's no forensic evidence to work from. Again, I'm afraid that the only way to gather more evidence is from another abduction.

Let's hope this guy has not acted before and for some reason it was a one off and he doesn't need to act again. Otherwise I'm afraid more innocents will become victims.

I seen something here that i must have over looked in everything i have read so far..

Two-hundred buildings have been searched and more than 1,000 tips have been received and processed, according to the prosecutor. "Five hundred vehicles have been identified and investigated, over 50 different types of legal processes have been served including court orders and including subpoenas," Webb-McRae said at a recent press conference, but no arrests have been made. If that's true no wonder people are scared to talk.
5-year-old Dulce missing for 4 weeks: What we know so far

Hey, Ocean! Yeah, you have an insightful take on the perp using the ice cream as a stalling measure. To me that points to someone who... has done it before and learned from it, or is exceptionally cunning or has spent time fantasizing about such an abduction. Or just got plain lucky. So which is it?

My own research has shown that historically, any of the above can and has been in play. And as you said, parks, empty schoolyards, prior stalking and the old random selection are all included in the MO's of these perpetrators.

And to add, sometimes the urge to act is so overwhelming that the perp is willing to take risks in order to get to his prey. Sadly, in Dulce's case LE hasn't located her, dead or alive, so there's no forensic evidence to work from. Again, I'm afraid that the only way to gather more evidence is from another abduction.

Let's hope this guy has not acted before and for some reason it was a one off and he doesn't need to act again. Otherwise I'm afraid more innocents will become victims.
Agree. That's the intriguing part, too. Usually these sickos don't stop with one victim. It seems strange that so far, she appears to be the only victim (thank goodness- one is too many). I am just surprised that there is absolutely no one on LE's radar for Dulce's kidnapping.

I know it wouldn't be the first case where LE and the FBI were fooled and the kidnapper somehow does manage to stay off the radar.

If only LE hadn't been called first. 45 minutes is a long delay.

"This pedophile predator already knew if he knocked the ice cream from his hand he would immediately run to his mother to tell her what had happened. That's what young children do, and like all predators he knew this before he even did it."

Wouldn't abducting his sister also send him running to his mother? I'm not following this logic.

"This pedophile predator already knew if he knocked the ice cream from his hand he would immediately run to his mother to tell her what had happened. That's what young children do, and like all predators he knew this before he even did it."

Wouldn't abducting his sister also send him running to his mother? I'm not following this logic.

The knocking of ice cream to me IMO might not have happened, since the brother is non-verbal. No one witnessed it, correct? But if the perp did do it, it would send the brother running, maybe, getting him out of the picture, so that the perp can grab Dulce and not have to deal with the brother. MOO.

The knocking of ice cream to me IMO might not have happened, since the brother is non-verbal. No one witnessed it, correct? But if the perp did do it, it would send the brother running, maybe, getting him out of the picture, so that the perp can grab Dulce and not have to deal with the brother. MOO.
The thing is, it didn't appear that the brother ran at all for help or to his Mom because he was upset.

It was the mother's little sister that noticed that the kids were not at the swings, to which they got out of the car to look for them. They found the little brother standing there, crying, and the assumption is that either someone knocked the ice cream out of his hand or he may have dropped it.

The thing is, it didn't appear that the brother ran at all for help or to his Mom because he was upset.

It was the mother's little sister that noticed that the kids were not at the swings, to which they got out of the car to look for them. They found the little brother standing there, crying, and the assumption is that either someone knocked the ice cream out of his hand or he may have dropped it.

Thank you for the clarification. That's even more depressing to realize he was just alone, crying, totally vulnerable and nonverbal to top it off. A sitting duck like his poor sister. I'm going to stop here before I say something and get banned.

Ok, my apologies for not being entirely up to speed on the facts. So the theory in the OP makes even less sense since the child did NOT leave the scene over ice cream.

Thank you for the clarification. That's even more depressing to realize he was just alone, crying, totally vulnerable and nonverbal to top it off. A sitting duck like his poor sister. I'm going to stop here before I say something and get banned.
You're welcome. It took about two to three tries in the media to even get that sorted out. In the beginning, it was said the ice cream was knocked out of his hand by someone, then it changed eventually to the mother and 8 year old aunt found him crying, with his ice cream on the ground. I'm doubting that this was all a mistranslation- the media could definitely have gotten it wrong. We've seen them print things as facts, only find later that they weren't true.

I definitely think it was a spectator watching the basketball game. He probably watched Dulce and her brother get off the car and walk all the way to the swings. He could have easily picked her up and walked briskly to his vehicle without anyone noticing anything. Even if Dulce put up a struggle, I doubt it would have been heard over all the noise going on in the basketball game. Also, I feel as from afar, I probably wouldn't think it was a kidnapping taking place. I would think it was just a Dad picking up his kid if the dad had the cup of ice cream in his hand.

That's why I believe it was someone that looked young and unassuming. Possibly from ages 18-25. He was probably wearing gym clothes that made him blend in. There is no doubt in my mind that it was someone who grew up in that area and is familiar with the park. Just my thoughts. I just pray Dulce is found safe and unharmed.

Besides @PunkCake is there anyone on this thread that lives in the area?
SBM

There were a couple of posters in earlier threads who were from a short distance away in NJ and seemed to have a good sense of goings-on in Bridgeton. I don't know if they're still around.

I am about 45 miles distant, but in a different state, well over an hour's driving time away, so I don't know Bridgeton well - it's outside my regular territory. About 18 years ago I attended a daylong event at the park Dulce disappeared from, and I've driven through the town a few other times on the way to beaches or bay fishing locations. It is well within the media market I live in. It always struck me as a sleepy little town, undecided whether it wanted to be city-like or part of farm and fishing country – and also as a place that seems like it should be more prosperous than it is, given the diverse agriculture surrounding it and its proximity to two large cities and several major leisure and recreation areas. But I guess it's just far enough off the beaten track that it doesn't have lucrative business or real estate prospects.

The prosecutor's office notes that the sketch was not produced with the help of a child witness who provided authorities with an initial description that lead to an Amber Alert being issued.
Authorities Release Sketch Of Possible Witness In Dulce Maria Alavez Case
Yes, the witness who provided the description for the sketch was someone who was not interviewed originally, but came forward about two months after Dulce had been abducted.

The man in the sketch could be a witness or he could be a POI.

That he has not come forward yet suggests he may be involved or he may know something but does not want to get involved.

Imo

Yes, the witness who provided the description for the sketch was someone who was not interviewed originally, but came forward about two months after Dulce had been abducted.

The man in the sketch could be a witness or he could be a POI.

That he has not come forward yet suggests he may be involved or he may know something but does not want to get involved.

Imo
I'm beginning to wonder if this person even exists.

The person came forward two months later. Their memory could be a little different, too, from two months before. It also seemed strange to me that two months later, a person came forward with this information- by then, a lot of time has passed, and if he was involved in her disappearance, he could be anywhere now. The fact that no one has called LE to tell them that they recognize him is all telling to me. I would think that if he was a local, someone would have made a call.

It's just baffling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members