AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember the advice you gave to Kevin Rudnicki’s brother too. After all the other unsuccessful searches, his brother found him.

Sometimes all you need to do is give a motivated individual a little coaching and the tools to run the mission. I hope with all my heart that I have ignited a spark within some of these individuals, and that they go on to become successful Trackers and SAR Team Members. I'm getting old and parts are wearing out. Need some new blood in the game.

Many 3 year olds will talk your ear off. As a matter of fact many two year olds will also.
My daughter is 2 and a half. Her language is very limited. Had her tested. They say she is 100% normal. When they tested they asked if other languages were spoken. Children who live in multi-lungual households tend to be delayed when it comes to talking, per the developmental therapists who came to my home

Many 3 year olds will talk your ear off. As a matter of fact many two year olds will also.
My daughter is 2 and a half. Her language is very limited. Had her tested. They say she is 100% normal. When they tested they asked if other languages were spoken. Children who live in multi-lungual households tend to be delayed when it comes to talking, per the developmental therapists who came to my home

Unfortunately, because there is so much suspicion of the Mom, there are people in Bridgeton who probably don't want to go out and help search. LE needs to confirm where the scent trail ended and in what direction that witness (if they actually saw) Dulce run towards. Maybe they could say that the family are not considered suspects at this time? I feel like this case is hitting a dead end and no new information has been given.

Does anyone know if the dog of the moms brother is a trained search or track dog? I still don't get why they called him first to bring his dog.
I'm just curious.

I had dogs and only one had training in tracking and it's rather time consuming and expensive to train them and keep training them.
Just because a dog is familiar with a person and you put a piece of their clothing under their nose, is not how it works. At all.

I keep following this case. I'm in NJ.
I remember the Amber alert in the middle of the night and how I got this nasty feeling in my stomach reading it.
I do agree with some of the past commenters that I feel there's alot of "water" like rivers down there and I did look at a map. I don't have a car or i would drive around and follow my intuition. Like if I were a nasty ***, were would I hide a body quickly without anyone seeing me? He wouldn't want to drive a long time with a body in the vehicle in fear of getting stopped. He couldn't know the Amber alert would take that long to come through!

It's a shame that everything was so delayed. The family tried to find her for so long by themselves and the police taking so long before sending out an Amber alert. I feel like it was already too late at that point.

I agree the AMBER alert was late. They started to talk about her possibly being taken the following afternoon but the alert came out around 1230 am, nearly 2 days after she was reported missing.

I feel the need is obvious, and I think LE was lax in not getting a native speaker to help right off. In NO WAY am I suggesting the family are suspects or POIs at all, but in the beginning of any serious investigation like a missing child, LE needs to be able to parse the language used, because clues abound, especially in off the cuff remarks.

For example, if someone who speaks English poorly is speaking to LE in English, they can't use language cues like tense and vocabulary. They need the interview conducted in the native language, if at all possible.

I don't think a language barrier was the issue.
I know I'm going to catch a bunch of flak for this, but I see Dulce as the ONLY victim in this. If the mother was not complicit in her disappearance her negligence sealed her fate. I think that's the cause of the delays and conflicting information. When you hear that a 5 and 3 year old were alone on the playground while mom sat in the car, what is the first thought that comes to mind? You think no normal mother would do such a thing and just said it because they did something( not fair I know, but how many times has it played out that way?)
I still harbor suspicion of the mother. Authorities have avoided the topic of immigration status of all involved. It may be factor. Illegal immigration is run by gangs and the cartels. I have had a lot of insight from a detective in McAllen TX on the topic while trying to make an identification for my job. It may seem crazy, but could Dulce be a price tag for someone the mother or an associate ran afoul of?

I personally wouldn't leave small children unattended in a public place.
It's too risky. The few times someone or some object impeded my view and came in between my son and me, disaster almost struck. It only takes a few seconds to lose track of kids, but some folks just don't get that, usually those who have never experienced that "now you see him, now you don't" panic moment. And those times, I was standing right there.

Unfortunately, because there is so much suspicion of the Mom, there are people in Bridgeton who probably don't want to go out and help search. LE needs to confirm where the scent trail ended and in what direction that witness (if they actually saw) Dulce run towards. Maybe they could say that the family are not considered suspects at this time? I feel like this case is hitting a dead end and no new information has been given.

I'm not directing this at you. But you would think no matter if they have suspicions they would be concerned about a small child.

I don't think a language barrier was the issue.
I know I'm going to catch a bunch of flak for this, but I see Dulce as the ONLY victim in this. If the mother was not complicit in her disappearance her negligence sealed her fate. I think that's the cause of the delays and conflicting information. When you hear that a 5 and 3 year old were alone on the playground while mom sat in the car, what is the first thought that comes to mind? You think no normal mother would do such a thing and just said it because they did something( not fair I know, but how many times has it played out that way?)
I still harbor suspicion of the mother. Authorities have avoided the topic of immigration status of all involved. It may be factor. Illegal immigration is run by gangs and the cartels. I have had a lot of insight from a detective in McAllen TX on the topic while trying to make an identification for my job. It may seem crazy, but could Dulce be a price tag for someone the mother or an associate ran afoul of?
No offense but you are completely off base. The mother was either born in this country or came at a very young age. The mother didn’t have the best skills to take care of Dulce which is why grandma had legal and physical custody of her. Clearly mom had accepted that she wasn’t the person to be her mom since she had her a the very young age of 14, about 8th grade. Dulce is more like a little sister to her and the grandma is the mom. And no gangs don’t travel to New Jersey from Mexico to kidnap children and being undocumented doesn’t mean that you have had ties to gangs or cartels.

JMO, but the problem appears to be that there are not that many adult family members to do so. Especially if we are looking at distributing flyers in multiple locations. I've discerned only 4 adults - Noema (Dulce's mother, who is now heavily pregnant), Norma (grandmother), an adult uncle, and the grandfather who does not wish to speak or be on camera. Does anyone recall if there is an aunt older than the 18-year-old? That would make 5, but it's still not a large team, and they have childcare and other day-to-day commitments.

This is where organized community involvement could certainly help, but that requires coordination and local contacts, and I'm not sure they have someone with that motivation and skill set PLUS decent fluency in Spanish. Jackie Rodriguez seems to be leading the media publicity effort, but I'm unclear who else is willing to be highly involved locally. The other woman who was a spokesperson at last weekend's vigil surely means well, but she is from Philadelphia – almost an hour away – and likely doesn't have an 'in' with many Bridgeton residents.

I would have hoped grandmother and grandfather's former co-workers, Dulce's teachers/ school staff, and church members would step in to take shifts outside WalMart or other key locations (a convenience store? a drugstore?), especially on weekends. But if this is going on, we haven't heard about it. Noema did indicate at the vigil that from her perspective the community has been supportive, but it needs to translate in practical ways.

It's so frustrating to watch from a distance, without knowing much Spanish. :(

I’m not sure if you meant
JMO, but the problem appears to be that there are not that many adult family members to do so. Especially if we are looking at distributing flyers in multiple locations. I've discerned only 4 adults - Noema (Dulce's mother, who is now heavily pregnant), Norma (grandmother), an adult uncle, and the grandfather who does not wish to speak or be on camera. Does anyone recall if there is an aunt older than the 18-year-old? That would make 5, but it's still not a large team, and they have childcare and other day-to-day commitments.

This is where organized community involvement could certainly help, but that requires coordination and local contacts, and I'm not sure they have someone with that motivation and skill set PLUS decent fluency in Spanish. Jackie Rodriguez seems to be leading the media publicity effort, but I'm unclear who else is willing to be highly involved locally. The other woman who was a spokesperson at last weekend's vigil surely means well, but she is from Philadelphia – almost an hour away – and likely doesn't have an 'in' with many Bridgeton residents.

I would have hoped grandmother and grandfather's former co-workers, Dulce's teachers/ school staff, and church members would step in to take shifts outside WalMart or other key locations (a convenience store? a drugstore?), especially on weekends. But if this is going on, we haven't heard about it. Noema did indicate at the vigil that from her perspective the community has been supportive, but it needs to translate in practical ways.

It's so frustrating to watch from a distance, without knowing much Spanish. :(
@janewall I’m not sure if u meant is there an aunt older than the 8yr old camila? there is also Nayiber who was interviewed (Not sure of her age but def. adult ) as well as Noema boyfriend Edgar so at least 6 adults

Last edited:
It is very sad this this beautiful little girl has not been located..I took my g-baby to see frozen 2 smiling and holding her little hand as she was so excited, it was her 6th birthday but i found my mind wondering to thoughts about Noema holding the Elsa doll and the video they released of Dulce talking about frozen..I said it before and ill say it again if i lived there there is no way i wouldn't help search or get involved to try to help this family, even if i thought family was involved[ which i don't] the baby still has to be found no matter what happened! In moo a lot of unnecessary things in the media made Noema look suspicious rather it be about past lifestyle or the fact Ducle lived with her grandparents, right down to the 911 operator not repeating the correct information she told them and then of course the confusion everyone had when she stated floor instead of ground..I feel so sad for this family and i have not seen no proof of anything to lead me to believe they are involved. I even seen where some people on the other fb pages question how long it took her to report her missing they were at the store shortly before 4 and even though she called her brother it was said Monday at 5 p.m.: Noema Alavez calls police,so yes she should not have wasted time calling him but police were notified in a hour time,and IMO i have seen many more parents search that long before calling the police. all this is moo and i am simply praying that this family gets answers soon to where this beautiful little girl is and what has happened.

It is very sad this this beautiful little girl has not been located..I took my g-baby to see frozen 2 smiling and holding her little hand as she was so excited, it was her 6th birthday but i found my mind wondering to thoughts about Noema holding the Elsa doll and the video they released of Dulce talking about frozen..I said it before and ill say it again if i lived there there is no way i wouldn't help search or get involved to try to help this family, even if i thought family was involved[ which i don't] the baby still has to be found no matter what happened! In moo a lot of unnecessary things in the media made Noema look suspicious rather it be about past lifestyle or the fact Ducle lived with her grandparents, right down to the 911 operator not repeating the correct information she told them and then of course the confusion everyone had when she stated floor instead of ground..I feel so sad for this family and i have not seen no proof of anything to lead me to believe they are involved. I even seen where some people on the other fb pages question how long it took her to report her missing they were at the store shortly before 4 and even though she called her brother it was said Monday at 5 p.m.: Noema Alavez calls police,so yes she should not have wasted time calling him but police were notified in a hour time,and IMO i have seen many more parents search that long before calling the police. all this is moo and i am simply praying that this family gets answers soon to where this beautiful little girl is and what has happened.
ITA!!

I have a suggestion I would like to mention for consideration. The Nanticoke Lennies-Lenape have their headquarters in Bridgeport. I think it would be wonderful if they would be willing to hold a ceremony in the park where Dulce went missing, and then conduct a spirit led search for the child.
I happen to be a big believer, and hey....even if you don't believe -it can't hurt.
Contact Information

Amateur opinion and speculation

I’m not sure if you meant

@janewall I’m not sure if u meant is there an aunt older than the 8yr old camila? there is also Nayiber who was interviewed (Not sure of her age but def. adult ) as well as Noema boyfriend Edgar so at least 6 adults

That's what I meant. I couldn't correct the 18 to 8 as I discovered my mistake too late. Thank you for confirming about Nayiber's existence - I thought I remembered reading something about an adult sister.

I'm not sure Edgar has been very involved. Mainly he's been mentioned in relation to his detention by ICE, not because of his presence with Noema or during searches and vigils. Sad. MOO.

No offense but you are completely off base. The mother was either born in this country or came at a very young age. The mother didn’t have the best skills to take care of Dulce which is why grandma had legal and physical custody of her. Clearly mom had accepted that she wasn’t the person to be her mom since she had her a the very young age of 14, about 8th grade. Dulce is more like a little sister to her and the grandma is the mom. And no gangs don’t travel to New Jersey from Mexico to kidnap children and being undocumented doesn’t mean that you have had ties to gangs or cartels.
There is a difference between watching a child and raising one. Even at 14 I knew not to leave a child I was babysitting unattended.
As far as the rest, it is an angle for investigators to look into.

I can’t imagine what the family is going through - and how are they supporting themselves since the grandparents lost their jobs? And Noema, I don’t know how she is able to support herself (rent/car/phone/etc)

It seems like a long time until the Dr Phil show airs on tv. I’m hoping for clarity of the inconsistencies and that the show is seen by someone with a clue to bring Dulce home.

Last edited:
There is a difference between watching a child and raising one. Even at 14 I knew not to leave a child I was babysitting unattended.
As far as the rest, it is an angle for investigators to look into.

I think parents, and caregivers in general, have different opinions of what watching a small child actually means.

To me, watching my son meant keeping my eyes on him at all times in public or at gatherings. He is on the spectrum, so I had to be a helicopter parent out of necessity. For me, it meant more than simply being present or being engaged in another activity with him nearby.

For others, like my siblings and our mum, watching meant being nearby but not necessarily having their eyes glued on us, and then my nieces and nephews. And it was only by the grace of God and sheer luck, not their exemplary parenting skills, that everyone made it to adulthood.

I think there's another element at play here also. After more than 2 months any searches of fields or back roads are most likely for body recovery and not everyone wants to hunt for a body, no matter how much they care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psychesleuth