NJ NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted @ Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland Co, 16 Sep 2019 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This article pretty much sums up and explains the reasons for the lack of community help in solving Dulce's disappearance. The ICE detainment of Noema's boyfriend was the major and continuing cause of fear of involvement. (I hope other LE forces have learned a lesson). Social media rumors were brutal as always, and escalated and were deemed legit by the family spokeswoman (Rodriguez) asserting that Noema knew more than she was letting on in a national TV show. If some people didn't think Noema was involved or knew something before the Dr. Phil show, they sure did afterwards.

From the moment Dulce left the car in the park, she was tragically destined to be a victim that day, with no watchful eyes looking out for her, with no opportunity to intervene and rescue her, and with little hope of resolution due to the fear of a community who may never disclose what they know. The circumstances that have worked against Dulce are heart wrenching, and she deserves so much more than this. Somebody knows what happened. I hope and pray they will do the right thing and provide a tip.

Quotes:
-Still, Alavez Perez’s boyfriend — who is not Dulce’s father — was briefly detained by federal immigration officials after he was interviewed by investigators, which frightened the community, according to Jackie Rodriguez, a family spokeswoman.

-“They don’t trust the Bridgeton Police, they don’t trust the state troopers, they don’t trust FBI,” Donnelly said. A promise to protect the community from the very authorities they fear would not be enough to get people to share information or even get near a search, said Donnelly.

-Rodriguez admits her recent appearance on the “Dr. Phil” show, coupled with social media-fueled rumors about Dulce’s mother’s involvement, may have drawn more skepticism from the community. “I think everybody just went crazy after that show,” Rodriguez said. “Everybody was like, ‘Oh, you know, she has something to do with it, she has something to do with it.’ The people that didn’t think she had something to do with it, now think that she knows and had something to do with it.”

Family of missing girl Dulce Alavez rallies for more support in Bridgeton

Along with that Rodriguez mess, something else bothers me.

Dulce's family are not polished on camera. That's awful but I hope you all know what I mean. It's hard for them to be engaging, it's hard for them to hold an audience. They need help so badly from a qualified source. :(

JMO

'Progress' In Amber Alert Probe For Missing 5-Year-Old NJ Girl

The Bridgeton Police Chief said that law enforcement has made "significant progress" and that the FBI, state and local officials are actively investigating on a daily basis - ... that "everybody is still in play" and that law enforcement has interviewed close to 1,000 people.

71499836_2852334341472911_5261301084667772928_o.jpg

article from 2 days ago mentioning the search over the weekend:

Volunteers continue search for missing 5-year-old Bridgeton girl, plan March on Monday

Community volunteers combed Sunday and have another search and march to City Hall planned for Monday.

On Sunday from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., 10 people, including family members, searched near Route 49 and along the Cohansey River.

A march to City Hall is also set for Monday. Both the search and march will start at 10 a.m. in the park at 25 Mayor Aitken Drive.

5dd18dab38d16.image.jpg

My belief has always been that aside from the Grandmother's inability to speak English, that she could perhaps be more effective in appealing to the public/LE/Officials/News Outlets in terms of garnering sympathy since she was the carer & provider for Dulce and was not at the park that day.

It seems as though the reluctancy for the public to help is fear of their legal status, feeling that mom is either involved or knows more, or being unsympathetic due to feeling that mom wasn't properly supervising them.

For those reasons, perhaps Grandma or Grandpa would be an option to consider.

The other possibility, is that the public really just does not know what happened or who is involved. If there were only 4 young girls on the basketball court like mom said in the Dr Phil interview vs a couple dozen as we had previously read in reports, that is far less sets of eyes at the park that day. If whoever took Dulce hasn't talked to anyone about it (which would not be hard to believe or at least consider, imo) than who has known info to share? No one really it would seem.

The reward is 75k. I think the avg household income in Bridgeton was 34-36k. 75 thousand dollars is a lot of money period, and is 2x more than what the average person brings home in an entire year there. I don't think the reward amount is the issue.

Family of missing 5-year-old girl Dulce Maria Alavez marches to Bridgeton city hall

"It's really hard for us 'cause we're not getting any answers no more, not like we used to. They just keep saying their investigating, but literally there's no answers," said Dulce's mother, Noema Alavez.

Now roughly eight months pregnant, Dulce's mother marched along with supporters from the park Dulce was last seen to the steps of city hall. There, awaited Bridgeton Mayor Albert Kelly. "Dulce will never be forgotten, never be forgotten," Kelly said.

During their meeting, supporters asked the mayor for things like waived fees for permits to hold vigils and amnesty for undocumented residents who may be afraid to come forward with information.

The gathering is also the first time the family has met face-to-face with the city's leader.

The mayor says later this month he's organizing another flyer distribution around the city to get the word about the search for Dulce.

For anyone who’s been here a long time, does this case (the progress/lack of clues) resemble any other that remains unsolved after a long time? I can’t think of any. And if so, did the case ever crack and was the person ever found?

If there were only 4 young girls on the basketball court like mom said

“If there were only 4 young girls on the basketball court like mom said” and little brothers ice cream was on the ground not yet melted, then it happened so fast as soon as they arrived that no one that was there does know besides the little brothers man waving at them story.

For anyone who’s been here a long time, does this case (the progress/lack of clues) resemble any other that remains unsolved after a long time? I can’t think of any. And if so, did the case ever crack and was the person ever found?

IMO, Just a few cases of children who disappeared outdoors and kidnapping is suspected. (I guess Mark's case has a named POI but the other two don't AFAIK.). There must be other cases; Inga's case I particularly find similar.

NJ - NJ - Mark Himebaugh, 11, Del Haven, 25 Nov 1991

PA - PA - Lauren Pico Jackson, 5, Spring City, 4 Oct 1988

Germany - Germany - Inga Gehricke, 5, Stendal, Sachsen-Anhalt, 2 May 2015

I believe Noema has said 10 minutes. There was a woman (on here?) months ago who videoed herself driving from store to park as well. I think that was maybe 4 minutes.
Do we know how much time elapsed between getting the ice cream and arriving at the park? I’m guessing there was a time stamp on the video from the store?

"Kelly told The Daily Journal he could see the group through a window in City Hall making their way to the building from City Park.

The mayor was quick to remind the assembled crowd that solving Dulce's disappearance remains a top priority.

"I want everybody to realize and know that the police, the (Cumberland County) prosecutor, the state police and the federal government are still working on this case every day," Kelly said. "It's not going to be swept under the rug."

The mayor further pointed to a recent effort on Dec. 16 when city officials and law enforcement went door-to-door with fliers and conducted a road canvass informing the public that Dulce is still missing and tips are still being sought from the community.

More events like that are planned, the mayor said.

"So Dulce will never be forgotten until we find her," Kelly said."

Bridgeton mayor: Dulce Maria Alavez's disappearance won't be 'swept under the rug'

Last edited:
Do we know how much time elapsed between getting the ice cream and arriving at the park? I’m guessing there was a time stamp on the video from the store?

I never saw a time stamp on the actual convenience store video footage that was released - I only remember them saying it was just before 4pm. The park is only a few minute drive from the Sunoco station- they apparently arrive at the park at 4pm ish.
There were conflicting statements about how long the children were out of Noema site - but says she realized Dulce gone around 4:20 and calls her brother to come help her search and then the actual 911 call is made at 4:48

My belief has always been that aside from the Grandmother's inability to speak English, that she could perhaps be more effective in appealing to the public/LE/Officials/News Outlets in terms of garnering sympathy since she was the carer & provider for Dulce and was not at the park that day.

It seems as though the reluctancy for the public to help is fear of their legal status, feeling that mom is either involved or knows more, or being unsympathetic due to feeling that mom wasn't properly supervising them.

For those reasons, perhaps Grandma or Grandpa would be an option to consider.

The other possibility, is that the public really just does not know what happened or who is involved. If there were only 4 young girls on the basketball court like mom said in the Dr Phil interview vs a couple dozen as we had previously read in reports, that is far less sets of eyes at the park that day. If whoever took Dulce hasn't talked to anyone about it (which would not be hard to believe or at least consider, imo) than who has known info to share? No one really it would seem.

The reward is 75k. I think the avg household income in Bridgeton was 34-36k. 75 thousand dollars is a lot of money period, and is 2x more than what the average person brings home in an entire year there. I don't think the reward amount is the issue.
What about the older brother? Wasn’t he there with the family dog?

IMO, Just a few cases of children who disappeared outdoors and kidnapping is suspected. (I guess Mark's case has a named POI but the other two don't AFAIK.). There must be other cases; Inga's case I particularly find similar.

NJ - NJ - Mark Himebaugh, 11, Del Haven, 25 Nov 1991

PA - PA - Lauren Pico Jackson, 5, Spring City, 4 Oct 1988

Germany - Germany - Inga Gehricke, 5, Stendal, Sachsen-Anhalt, 2 May 2015
I always think of the Morgan Nick case.
AR - AR - Morgan Nick, 6, Alma, 9 June 1995

No, he showed up after Noema called him to help her search when she realized Dulce was missing. She called 911 perhaps 30 minutes later, at 4:48 pm.
Sorry, I meant that he was called there by Noema after Dulce was discovered missing and prior to the 911 call.
Perhaps a different family member speaking with Noema that was actually there immediately after it happened could speak to the community?

Sorry, I meant that he was called there by Noema after Dulce was discovered missing and prior to the 911 call.
Perhaps a different family member speaking with Noema that was actually there immediately after it happened could speak to the community?

Good point. He is probably similarly fluent as Noema, and perhaps less hesitant or seemingly shy in front of a camera or crowd. With grandmother Norma mostly silent due to her limited English, and Noema so soft-spoken, a stronger voice would certainly help if he is able to provide it. Someone who can be outspoken needs to advocate passionately for this child to keep her story high in the public's awareness.

Don't they also have an older sister?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
womackian
Back