NJ NJ - Elliot Ganiel, 32, Northfield, Wharton State Forest, car found in Basto, 2 Mar 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
Officials combed through an area of Wharton State Forest Monday after a person was reported missing in the Northfield area over the weekend.

The missing person has been identified as Elliot Ganiel, 32, according to a news release Tuesday from the Northfield City Police Department.

According to the release, a family member received a call from the New Jersey State Police that Ganiel's vehicle was found at the Mullica River Canoe Landing in Batsto, before discovering missing. He hadn't seen him for the last three days.

heather ganiel

Ganiel was discovered missing after a family member got a call from the N.J. State Police that his vehicle was found at the Mullica River Canoe Landing in Batso. The vehicle had personal items that were left behind, according to the report.

<MOD NOTE - Elliot was initially identified as Heather in MSM (and so on this thread). Both have now been corrected>

Last edited by a moderator:
Around 10:40 p.m. on Saturday night, police in Northfield, Atlantic County, were contacted by the family of Elliot Ganiel, who were concerned he had not been seen for three days.

Police did not say why Ganiel was at the river and whether he had gone there with anyone. Northfield is about a 35-minute drive to the canoe landing where Ganiel's car was found.

<MOD NOTE - Elliot was initially identified as Heather in MSM (and so on this thread). Both have now been corrected>

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks LeahBee. It's now corrected on this thread as well.
Knitty - thanks for reposting the rules - I was not 100% clear on what we could post on someone linked to a missing person via a criminal or arrest record but NOT named as POI. (not this case, but in general). That helped a lot!

I don’t understand the right photo. LE doesn’t know what he was wearing but there’s a security-type photo of a distinctive t-shirt, gloves, and mask? Is this the best/mort recent photo of hairstyle or ?

I don’t understand the right photo. LE doesn’t know what he was wearing but there’s a security-type photo of a distinctive t-shirt, gloves, and mask? Is this the best/mort recent photo of hairstyle or ?

Based on what looks to be cleaning equipment being him in the photo on the right, rubber cleaning type gloves, I'm thinking the photo on the right may have been taken at work and provided to LE but it may be old which is why they stated they don't know what he was wearing when he went missing. Friends on FB did state Elliot's hairstyle at the time of disappearance (unverified).

Jersey Coast Emergency News has a Facebook post stating the Ganiel’s body was found on March 21. But I searched the actual website and found nothing. And the Northfield PD’s Facebook page has the missing info but nothing else. Very strange. It’s the Facebook page of a MSM group but I don’t know how to link it.

Jersey Coast Emergency News has a Facebook post stating the Ganiel’s body was found on March 21. But I searched the actual website and found nothing. And the Northfield PD’s Facebook page has the missing info but nothing else. Very strange. It’s the Facebook page of a MSM group but I don’t know how to link it.
Can you screenshot it and share it as an image?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand
Back