NJ - Father puts toddler in washing machine.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The owner of the store said she was thinking of putting up a sign to save her own butt. Ya have to put up a sign saying not to put kids in a washing machine?

I would not be at ALL surprised if the parents didn't try to sue the laundromat because poor little junior was injured. I suspect if the parents want to evade the authorities they have other reasons for doing so (and also for not trying to sue).

Obviously many would see that this wasn't the parent's fault, these laundromats should have attendants on hand to ensure that parents don't put their children in the washers or dryers. As one person already pointed out, those washers are "death traps" just waiting to kill someone's baby. :rolleyes:

Common sense is no longer an individual's responsibility, it is now the job of the state! Laws should mandate that all microwaves, refrigerators, irons, washing machines, dryers, ovens, cars, pillows, butter knives, etc...have HUGE warning labels permanently attached so as to prevent an accidental fatality.

I was finally going to break down and watch the video but You Tube yanked it.

It seems obvious to me that they had no intention of harming the child. It seems like dad was just playing and both mom and dad seemed totally panicked when the door wouldn't open and mom was beside herself waiting for them to get it turned off and the child out. Definitely a dumb move and they need some attention from child welfare for sure, but I don't see that there was any intent to hurt the child.

Does anyone know what happened to the child? Is he/she okay?

I agree with you, because when I watched the video, in the very beginning, he's picking the child up and handling him so carefully -- not tossing him around in a fit or rage. I think he just made a really idiotic decision. Kind of like when I saw a dad pushing his small child at warp speeds, pell mell through the grocery store, tilting the cart this way and that, on two wheels...."just for fun, while mom was shopping nearby (to kill time).

Oomyygoodness!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I just saw this and it's one of those images that's going to stick in my head for a VERY long time. :(

You can see the video at the link below. It really isn't bad, almost funny as the idiot father starts jumping up and down in a panic as the attendants work to get the kid out.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...utting-baby-washing-machine-article-1.1082426

Really??? I don't see any humor in that video whatsoever! It completely traumatized me!!

I don't think the dad meant any harm. It was very VERY stupid, but the parents were obviously very hysterical when they realized they couldn't get him out.

Again, no humor in that AT ALL. JMO and all that jazz.

Police in Camden say that this does not appear to be criminal, but they are asking the parents come forward and prove the child is O.K.

According to Kong Eng the poor kid was alright. He's the worker that pulled the power. A big thanks to him. Other witnesses said the baby was laughing and had some bruising.

The owner of the store said she was thinking of putting up a sign to save her own butt. Ya have to put up a sign saying not to put kids in a washing machine?

Now this being Camden I'm wondering who will turn these people in? Considering the video had so many hits and nobody has said anything makes one wonder. Living in Camden I am sure they won't want social services at their door. Plus how do we know they are the parents? Could be an Uncle or friend?

From our news:

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=8673022

This link says it was the baby sitter and her boyfriend in the video. No word from the parents yet. jmo

This link says it was the baby sitter and her boyfriend in the video. No word from the parents yet. jmo

A babysitter? Not a good advertisement for her services, if true.

The door locked when they put the baby in..
How did they get it opened to remove the clothes that were in there to begin with??

Wow .

I guess posters telling people how to unlock the washers are probably a good idea for today's society.

It was interesting watching there responces to what they haad done.

Poor baby.

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/man-put-toddler-washing-machine-not-boy-8217-211300071.html

The two adults shown loading a 13-month-old child into a commercial washing machine in a shocking video viewed by millions were not the boy's parents but a babysitter and her male friend. "We talked to the people in the video and they were not the parents of the child," Camden County Prosecutor's Office spokesperson Jason Laughlin tells Shine. "We won't be charging anyone. We were looking for purposeful endangerment and we didn't see that."

What about reckless endangerment?

I have not watched the video and likely never will - I understood the consequences as soon as I read the headlines. Whoever these 2 are - parents, sitters, whatever - they make a good case why people should pass a test and need a license to have children. Should they be behind the wheel of a vehicle that can kill? Jmo.

Really??? I don't see any humor in that video whatsoever! It completely traumatized me!!

I don't think the dad meant any harm. It was very VERY stupid, but the parents were obviously very hysterical when they realized they couldn't get him out.

Again, no humor in that AT ALL. JMO and all that jazz.

HO, I've only seen it on TV and it freaked me out. It makes you want to jump in and save the poor little. It also makes you feel claustraphobic and thinking of drowning.

Belinda, skip it IMO.

Thank you, honey. I can't even read my informative links correctly I'm that far gone.:what: You were right.

This link

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...t-in-clothes-washer/1?csp=34news#.T75DolKiZn8

say it was the babysitter and a friend of the baby sitter.

Man you people are tough. I'm sure the guy never dreamed that the washing machine would start and really, how did it start, why did it start?

People just do things without thinking and sometimes the most innocent thing in the world turns out to be something dangerous. If the machine hadn't started, and again why did it, the kid was more safe being put in the washing than in a car seat in a car going down the road.

I saw a picture on a web site the other day posted by a proud grandfather. It was a toddler, a very unsteady toddler, standing on a stack of two hay bails, on a wagon with a dog on each side of her. The metal edge of the wagon was visible in the photo and there was a pitch fork stuck in the hay behind her. The baby came out of the photo without a scratch but that simple photo shoot could have become a tragedy in a split second. There were no adults in site anywhere in the picture so the closest one could have been was four feet away. Not close enough had one of the dogs bolted causing the hay bails to shift...

This link

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...t-in-clothes-washer/1?csp=34news#.T75DolKiZn8

say it was the babysitter and a friend of the baby sitter.

Man you people are tough. I'm sure the guy never dreamed that the washing machine would start and really, how did it start, why did it start?

People just do things without thinking and sometimes the most innocent thing in the world turns out to be something dangerous. If the machine hadn't started, and again why did it, the kid was more safe being put in the washing than in a car seat in a car going down the road.

I saw a picture on a web site the other day posted by a proud grandfather. It was a toddler, a very unsteady toddler, standing on a stack of two hay bails, on a wagon with a dog on each side of her. The metal edge of the wagon was visible in the photo and there was a pitch fork stuck in the hay behind her. The baby came out of the photo without a scratch but that simple photo shoot could have become a tragedy in a split second. There were no adults in site anywhere in the picture so the closest one could have been was four feet away. Not close enough had one of the dogs bolted causing the hay bails to shift...

But I think there's a big difference between posing on some hay bails for a photo shoot and putting a child in a washing machine. What on earth was the point of that?

I don't think the man intended any harm and he was probably just goofing around and not thinking. I'm sure he regrets the decision and he'll never forget it. I certainly don't think anything more should come of it but sometimes people need to think before acting, especially when it involves a child.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edlynch
Back