TN TN - Oak Ridge, Melton Hill Lake, "Lady in the Lake", WhtFem 24-35, 272UFTN, ring w/cross, Mar'00

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Looking forward to Othram's work. Like so many, I've been looking for her name a long time. Her ring is interesting, it appears to be a wedding band with cross encircled with a circle, and perhaps a small diamond on either side in a triangle. It is marked 14K@F(symbol) which does seem to mean it is 14K gold made by Friedman's (out of GA). I don't understand why there would be a "hole" in the ring band (?) but just read that those will be put there to assist in mounting the ring with any stones, allowing for breathing space between the finger and band, minimizing moisture, etc - don't know if that's why or not in this case.

I know Othram is working this case (yay!) - can anyone tell me though with my curiousity, if this lady has been ruled out via Namus? Her ht is off but her circumstances might make sense (last seen June 1999 and not reported until Sep 2000, 6 months after recovery of the Lady in the Lake). She is out of West Point, GA.

Thanks for any info!

1724629646174.png

The new recon appears similar to Winifred Matronia missing out of MD the first of the year in 2000. She has brown hair and is also 5’9”.

The quality of her photo is not too good. Having trouble enhancing it. Not sure is someone else has a better program.

@Diane Redfern ?

1727901522234.jpeg

Matronia was last seen in Laurel, Maryland on January 1, 2000. She has never been heard from again. She was reported missing by an aunt in August, eight months later. When authorities checked Matronia's apartment in the 8000 block of Asford Boulevard, all her personal belongings, including her personal documents, car and credit cards were there, and her bank accounts had not been touched. Matronia was retired from the C&P Telephone company at the time of her disappearance. She may be in the Caribbean or in Florida. Her case remains unsolved.

The new recon appears similar to Winifred Matronia missing out of MD the first of the year in 2000. She has brown hair and is also 5’9”.

The quality of her photo is not too good. Having trouble enhancing it. Not sure is someone else has a better program.

@Diane Redfern ?

View attachment 534933

Matronia was last seen in Laurel, Maryland on January 1, 2000. She has never been heard from again. She was reported missing by an aunt in August, eight months later. When authorities checked Matronia's apartment in the 8000 block of Asford Boulevard, all her personal belongings, including her personal documents, car and credit cards were there, and her bank accounts had not been touched. Matronia was retired from the C&P Telephone company at the time of her disappearance. She may be in the Caribbean or in Florida. Her case remains unsolved.
1727907485447.jpg
This is all I could get with Remini app.

@Diane Redfern ?

View attachment 534933

Screenshot 2024-10-02 at 5.22.53 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-10-02 at 5.23.32 PM.png
Here's a clearer photo of Winnifred from her senior year of high school and another from her junior year.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hiyaworld
Back