NJ NJ - Frank J Benedetto, 59, Parlin, 10 May 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Lruiz911

Verified Insider
Reaction score
My grandpa Frank Benedetto has been missing since 2019. He was temporarily staying at the new Parlin club in Parlin, NJ. POLICE ARE ABSOLUTELY NO HELP AND DONT CARE. so I’m on my own here. The room he was staying in was found with the door wide open, tv on , his phone and wallet were also in the room. He had no car and could not walk far on foot as he would’ve been in a lot of pain. He was a BIG guy and couldn’t have just disappeared into thin air. My family gave DNA over 2 years ago so if any unidentified bodies turned up we should’ve been notified but nothing…

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

My grandpa Frank Benedetto has been missing since 2019. He was temporarily staying at the new Parlin club in Parlin, NJ. POLICE ARE ABSOLUTELY NO HELP AND DONT CARE. so I’m on my own here. The room he was staying in was found with the door wide open, tv on , his phone and wallet were also in the room. He had no car and could not walk far on foot as he would’ve been in a lot of pain. He was a BIG guy and couldn’t have just disappeared into thin air. My family gave DNA over 2 years ago so if any unidentified bodies turned up we should’ve been notified but nothing…

So sorry you are going through this. I hope your Grandpa is found. *modsnip *

Last edited by a moderator:
@Lruiz911 Welcome to Websleuths, I am sorry it is under these circumstances. Please consider becoming a verified insider here so that we may ask you questions pertaining to the case without you having to provide MSM links.

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

After reading the NAMUS page, I notice he was reported missing to the Belmar Police Department and not the Parlin Police. Could he be missing from Belmar and not Parlin?

@Lruiz911 Welcome to Websleuths, I am sorry it is under these circumstances. Please consider becoming a verified insider here so that we may ask you questions pertaining to the case without you having to provide MSM links.

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

After reading the NAMUS page, I notice he was reported missing to the Belmar Police Department and not the Parlin Police. Could he be missing from Belmar and not Parlin?
His daughter (my aunt) who reported him missing lives in Belmar. She originally tried making the report with Sayreville PD but they sent her to Belmar I guess since she lives there she has to report it with them. I’m not exactly sure the laws around this. The Sayreville police are supposed to be the ones on the case though... that I know for sure! I am the one who went to his room after he was reported missing and I found his phone which my aunt also brought to Sayreville PD.

There is absolutely nothing in the MSM regarding his disappearance. So frustrating.

I did notice this Unidentified person in NAMUS. I would not rule anything out, the description does state Asian, but it also states that the are unrecognizable partial skeletal remains.

I hate typing the above to you...

I truly appreciate your effort. Unfortunately I have accepted that I am most likely looking for an unidentified persons case at this point. It is so frustrating to have no help with this.I have searched endlessly online but can’t find anything matching his description. He did have some distinct tattoos but I’m afraid by the time someone found/ finds him they won’t be of much help in identifying him. He had a lot of dental work and had a set of false teeth he would wear if that can help at all. Again, the kind words and even someone just showing interest in his disappearance means a lot to me.

I am so sorry-this is outrageous

Lruiz911 is now a Verified Insider (VI) as a family member of Frank Benedetto.

All members are asked to please treat our VI with respect and remain sensitive to them at all times. As a VI, Lruiz911 does not have to provide links to anything they state as fact in relation to Frank's case. In all other respects they are held to the same TOS as regular members.

If you disagree with something they have to say, please do not argue with them or challenge them in any way. They do not have to share anything they are not comfortable in sharing.

Lruiz, we hope you will find some comfort in being able to discuss your grandfather's case here with the caring members we have at Websleuths and that they are able to help you somehow in your search for answers.

Thank you, and all other WSers, for being here to discuss Frank's disappearance.

@Lruiz911 thank you for becoming a verified insider. Can you share with us the circumstances around the disappearance of your Grandfather. When was he last seen and by whom?

Do you know if the Sayreville police assigned anyone to the case and did any actual investigation into his disappearance?

I see that the case is not listed on the NJSP missing persons website. Have you been in contact with their missing person unit? Missing Persons Unit at #609-882-2000, extension x2554. E-Mail Contact: missingp@njsp.org

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back