GUILTY NJ - Gregory Leary & others for sexual assault of 7yo girl, Trenton, 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Do they live in a poor area? Cause my 4 friends that were on the stroll weren't poor. They did it for the thrill of it and they liked the attention. The money was a bonus. With the internet you would be shocked how many teens are doing this outside of school and at school.

Maybe "poor" was the wrong word...I believe this building is in the low income housing area of NJ...I might be wrong...I live in Washington State and I'm not familiar with NJ. That being said, I raised my daughter by myself (she's now 24) and we were poor. I worked my butt off to make sure she had food, shelter, protection and a ton of love and thank the Good Lord she's doing great...so is Mamma LOL. But MY Mom gave me the tools to be a strong but loving Mamma.

Someone said earlier that parenting is getting lost somewhere down the line - I totally agree, whether these parents don't have the correct tools to be able to raise their children well, they themselves weren't raised well, or they just don't give a rip...who knows. It's so sad...the children that we should be teaching to be respectable people, are going to be the ones that we will depend one...scary stuff!:twocents:

I think parenting has changed and also cause a lot of the parents are so young and immature these days, but I do feel that genetically and socially the cream of the crop aren't breeding. I know this sounds like Eugenics or something out of breeding program handbook, LOL! But that is how I feel. I think more unfit people are having baby after baby while the decent people are too busy with a career, making money and socializing. I am one of those people.

I have throwed off friends that have like 4 kids and 4 baby momma's. Then my friends in the burbs are like 35 with one kid. I'm just now having my first. Me and my DH really put off having kids. It just didnt really appeal to me until recently.

Hi Everyone -

Newbie here. I have been reading this site for some time and really love it, but just joined today.

This story disturbs me on so many levels. The little girl apparently went with her sister out of concern for her. Her sister repaid her concern by allowing her to be gang-raped. And a bunch of men just had sex with a small child, apparently in front of each other. How could her own sister not only allow this, but promote it? It defies all bounds of sanity. I've seen the comments about what possible abuse the older sister suffered that could cause this. I think it is purely a money issue. She wanted the money. As we all know, many people will do just about anything to get money. How is this poor child ever going to recover from this? Her childhood is now lost. If her parents don't seek adequate treatment for her, I don't know what will become of her. That poor little baby.

In my opinion - I don't care how many people were in the room. EVERY person who KNEW this little girl was being raped and did not do anything to stop it should be locked up. I wish every single man who even laid a finger on that girl gets their junk cut off. I have never understood how a man (or woman) could find a child "desirable."

I just can't imagine that there would be so many guys wanting to...

#1 - have sex with a 15 yr old (yes, I still think that's too young)
#2 - then the 15 yr old comes in with a little suprise - a 7 YR OLD??? My God, what was it a pervert party or what??? God, what in the heck is happening? :banghead::furious:

IMO I think that the 15 yr old just wanted some cash...didn't matter how she got it either. I think that money is the only thing that matters in the poorer parts of town unfortunately. It's also unfortunate that nice, decent folks have to live in places like this that harbors this kind of activity.

All I know is if someone did that to my daughter, there would be hell to pay that's for sure!!! My prayers go out the the little girl:praying: and hopefully, if they do put her in foster care or "protective" custody, that situation isn't worse than what she was living in...

bbm- I think that a group of men willing to pay to have sex with the same prostitute, let alone a fifteen year old is a big coincidence, but the same group also being willing to rape a seven year old seems unfathomable to me.

That HAS to be an organized group and event in order to have both a large number of perverts assembled and to have the victim present.

I am in no way absolving the 15 year old, I am merely saying there is an adult coordinator somewhere in this story. I just don't think she is the mastermind of a group raping of her sister for pay. How would she know that many pedophiles unless someone is pimping her out?

Which if that is in fact what is happening does indeed make her a victim.

Not to say that I don't think there are sadistic teenagers, because I am not wearing any rosecolored glasses and am well aware that victimizers come in all kinds of packages.

I don't believe for a minute this was an organized event to rape a 7 year old.
From what has been reported, 15 year old was the one invited to the party, and the 7 year old just tagged along.

Linda--I often agree with you and highly respect your opinions. I cannot disagree more strongly that "one stops being a victim once one becomes a perp". One size does not fit all. Some children are blessed with healthy brain chemistry, inner resolve, a conscience and empathy, a strong support system, lack of violence in their home, and access to good education and therapy. Sadly, many children exist without these gifts.

Everyone responds to trauma in a different way. Our brains are not static. They are malleable. That is what so intrigues me about the brain. Through our actions we can often create a monster or tame a beast. How can we as a society, ensure that this little 7 year old does not turn her pain against others? How can we help her become a productive member of society?

Some brains are stronger than others. I should know, as I've watched my own slowly degenerate in the last few years. Because of my disability/brain difference/brain trauma (from far too many uncontrollable seizures), I never know what strange thing I might do. Going downhill so fast has given me such amazing empathy for my children and others who suffered trauma.

Consider the disease, Alzheimer's. No one knows if they develop dementia which way they will go. Will they become childlike and compliant or vile and violent? I know which I would choose but we don't get offered that choice. When our brain chemistry has been altered by trauma or illness, choice can go out the window. And hundreds of studies have proven, without a doubt, that violence, trauma, grief, and pain do alter our brains.

I pray that I will continue to make healthy and wise decisions but did you all know that my door is locked during the day (from the outside) as I have a tendency to wander looking for crying babies and injured wild animals--a very poor choice when it's snowing! This sudden and unexpected development in my life has caused my empathy for others to grow by leaps and bounds. I didn't ask for it and I'm very sad that this was handed to me as it has lessoned me and my work.

I cannot judge the 15 year old for the horror she brought upon her baby sister as I have no idea what led her to that place in her life. I pray that a highly experienced judge will make wise decisions concerning her punishment and possible rehabilitation. JMO

ITA, Impatientredhead. What are the odds that one could find an entire apartment full of men and women who participated or stood by silently while a baby was raped? I'm hopeful the adult who most likely choreographed this abomination will be brought to justice.

ITA, Impatientredhead. What are the odds that one could find an entire apartment full of men and women who participated or stood by silently while a baby was raped? I'm hopeful the adult who most likely choreographed this abomination will be brought to justice.

It really doesn't make any difference as to what the odds are.
Frankly I don't see anything reported to suggest the 7 year old was a target until 15 year old brought her to the party.
From what has been reported, 15 year old was invited, and 7 year old just tagged along. It's not even been reported that 15 year old was asked to bring 7 year old with her.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36134587/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

TRENTON, N.J. - Police ramped up their investigation Thursday into the case of a 7-year-old girl who they say was gang-raped by a group of men while her 15-year-old stepsister watched and got paid for it.
Police conducted a pre-dawn raid at the troubled public housing complex, a high-rise apartment building so dangerous that officers are hired as security guards at night.
Hours before, they arrested a 20-year-old Trenton man on charges he had sex with the teenager in one of the apartments.

Gregory Joseph Leary was booked Wednesday night on charges of statutory rape and endangering the welfare of a child. Under New Jersey law, the 15-year-old is too young to consent to sex.
Leary was being held Thursday in jail on a $200,000 cash bond. Jail officials said Leary does not have a listed attorney.
Police said they are investigating whether Leary was involved with the rape of the 7-year-old at a party Sunday night in the apartment complex down the street from the Statehouse.
27 arrested on unrelated warrants
On Thursday morning, police arrested 27 people on unrelated outstanding warrants during a sweep of Rowan Towers. Trenton police Capt. Joseph Juniak said the raid was planned before the girl's attack but that it was "somewhat beneficial for investigators" looking

It really doesn't make any difference as to what the odds are.
Frankly I don't see anything reported to suggest the 7 year old was a target until 15 year old brought her to the party.
From what has been reported, 15 year old was invited, and 7 year old just tagged along. It's not even been reported that 15 year old was asked to bring 7 year old with her.

No, it really makes no difference if there is an adult in her life that is acting as her pimp and encouraging her to victimize her sister. We should just prosecute the 15 year old who legally would not able to consent to sexual relations with a high school senior that took her to the prom, but somehow is completely culpable for acting as a prostitute.

Lets not worry about who the money was going to, or who gathered a group of men that would pay to have sex, I mean rape, girls of whatever age was available that evening. As long as we lock up the fifteen year old I am sure her pimp won't go on to victimize anyone else.

It is much more likely that a fifteen year old happened out into the evening, with a seven year old in tow, and randomly fell into a *party* filled with men that would pay to rape her sister. That particular sexual sickness just happened to be a common theme in the room by no premeditated plan.

I know what is being reported. I don't buy it. She would hardly be the first sex trade worker to cover for someone that is victimizing them. The twenty year old that has been arrested for having sex with her in the same building earlier that day would be my prime suspect personally.

PS- and I am still not saying she should not be held responsible for her role in these events. Just that I doubt she is solely responsible nor the mastermind or an opportunistic manipulator of the nights events.

moo

No, it really makes no difference if there is an adult in her life that is acting as her pimp and encouraging her to victimize her sister. We should just prosecute the 15 year old who legally would not able to consent to sexual relations with a high school senior that took her to the prom, but somehow is completely culpable for acting as a prostitute.

Lets not worry about who the money was going to, or who gathered a group of men that would pay to have sex, I mean rape, girls of whatever age was available that evening. As long as we lock up the fifteen year old I am sure her pimp won't go on to victimize anyone else.

It is much more likely that a fifteen year old happened out into the evening, with a seven year old in tow, and randomly fell into a *party* filled with men that would pay to rape her sister. That particular sexual sickness just happened to be a common theme in the room by no premeditated plan.

I know what is being reported. I don't buy it. She would hardly be the first sex trade worker to cover for someone that is victimizing them. The twenty year old that has been arrested for having sex with her in the same building earlier that day would be my prime suspect personally.

PS- and I am still not saying she should not be held responsible for her role in these events. Just that I doubt she is solely responsible nor the mastermind or an opportunistic manipulator of the nights events.

moo

On one hand, 15 year old is a minor, but on the other hand, children her age and younger than her have been charged as adults. So I would not see any problem whatsoever in charging her as an adult and with the max that the law allows.

Oh yeah, right, trying the 15 year old child and rape victim as an adult will fix everything. I'm certain once they pull that little "hussy" off the streets, the entire apartment building will instantly be a safer place for families.

Trafficking is vile and this 15 year old was trafficked in some degree. I seriously doubt if she even knows which way is up any longer. We'll just have to watch this and see how it plays out. There's several chapters of this story yet to be revealed IMO.

Oh yeah, right, trying the 15 year old child and rape victim as an adult will fix everything. I'm certain once they pull that little "hussy" off the streets, the entire apartment building will instantly be a safer place for families.

Trafficking is vile and this 15 year old was trafficked in some degree. I seriously doubt if she even knows which way is up any longer. We'll just have to watch this and see how it plays out. There's several chapters of this story yet to be revealed IMO.
I do not consider her a victim here. Yes she is a child but she willingly came up with a plan to have sex for money. Yea, the men there need to be charged accordingly and so should she. She does not get a pass because she allowed herself to be victimized at this party. I do not feel a drop of pity for her. She needs her butt beat.

How do we know that the teenager came up with the idea herself?

There are a lot of unknowns still, and for me, that is a big one.

Well you might not buy it, but nothing has been reported so far to suggest that your speculation is rooted in reality. And on one hand, 15 year old is a minor, but on the other hand, children her age and younger than her have been charged as adults. So I would not see any problem whatsoever in charging her as an adult and with the max that the law allows.

I was protected as a little girl - and I had parents who knew where I was every second of the day (and brothers who possibly would have been beat to within an inch of their life if they couldn't report exactly where I was at any given moment) so this life style of a 7 year old being gone for a while with no inkling of where she is, is beyond my thinking. (I have an almost 7 year old who doesn't even play out front in one of the safest places in US if I'm not out front with her.)

I believe this older sister is absolutely responsible for what happened to the younger. Sex is treated so carelessly, casually and with no consequences, that I absolutely believe the older sister thought it was easy money and prostituted herself out. Plenty of girls do it for no money, if she could make money for it, why not? (Not my opinion, but I see the reasoning). My other thought, is I don't think she expected it to go that far with the little one. I would also think there were drugs involved....that could be one reason the little one was concerned for her safety.

I don't believe their had to be any trauma to the 15 year old to do this. Money could very well have been the root of the evil.

IMO -The bottom line is this. Unless you do not know right from wrong or if you are incompetent to stand trail, then you should be prosecuted and punished for your actions to the fullest. The saying “Two wrongs don’t make a right” rings in truth. I am sure this 15 year old has been exposed to various despicable acts, so what! It still does not make it okay to then turn around and do the same things. We have free will and I believe it is all about chooses, even at the age of 15 years old. I cannot tell you how many times I see young people with the odds stacked against them turn away from the crap they have been dealt. Whether they have been abused sexually, physically, and or mentally or have witnessed things like a drunk or druggy for a parent. I think it is a cop-out and an excuse to say they committed this act because the same act was done to them. I call BS on that! Now with that being said I do believe she to needs some sort of counseling along with whatever punishment the court decides. I also believe that these men/boys need a far worse punishment and should carry the title of a dangerous sex offender!

One thing to keep in mind here - Most teen prostitutes DO NOT have free will, even if they appear to. Please look into how sex trafficking works - it rarely resembles Hollywood movies with their kidnappings and gun toting goons etc.

From the looks of this, this was no typical party that this girl was 'invited' to - it stinks of a gathering of Johns that the teen was ordered to service, and when the 7 year old tagged along, I doubt the teen had much say in what happened after that. I guarentee there's a pimp involved in all of this, and from the lack of training that most LE have in trafficking, I doubt they're going to bother going after him given that they already have a perp arrested and easily prosecuted.

All just my opinion, but I had to speak up as I see teen trafficking victims sent deeper into the hole by LE instead of helped out of it far too often.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Louiwebb
Back