GUILTY NJ - Gregory Leary & others for sexual assault of 7yo girl, Trenton, 2010

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Seems to me this teenager was a visitor and lived with her father.
seems to me she was no regular on this block.
Nobody had her brain washed, or did they have her captive.

this teenager was either a bad seed or a really troubled angry, heartless, immoral teen who either needs a lot of help or a detention hall.

No comparison to Jaycee or Elizabeth. This was a troubled girl.
Looking for more trouble, and put her little sister in the center of troubles too.
Not all bad kids are victims, and not all bad kids do not know what they are doing because they are mentally imbalanced.
NO NOT ALL. I am not willing to take the roll of enabler and label her a victim yet.
IF & When I find out that the15 year old has been abused and raped when she was young which produced her hooking, then I will take it into consideration until then.....
She is no Jaycee, and she is no Elizabeth; I am willing to hear more reports on this 15 year old monster.
For now NO level of poverty, no level of bad neighborhood will impress me as a reason, I lived in poverty, & bad neighborhoods too as a teen. so that is not going to sell me....
My parents taught me moral in the house, so unless she is mentally disabled She is a bad seed. MO

Bingo...this was a troubled girl! And from most of what I have read most prostitutes at that age are runaways.

I'm just curious, there seems to be a slight double standard here...if the sister was a brother would you guys be giving him a slight break? 15 year olds in the inner cities are far past their years.

If the guy was being trafficked? Sure. Otherwise it's apples and oranges, as few guys ever have to deal with what a trafficked girl does. Sorry, but sexual equality just isn't applicable here, as sex trafficking victims are predominantly female by a very wide margin, making any fair and just treatment by the law inherently favor girls and women (in the few areas that there IS fair treatment, most areas still have the opposite).

In the end, if it was a guy, he wouldn't have been raped by those men (and the girl is under the age of consent, so she was raped whether she took money or not), and it would be a pretty straightforward case of pimping. With this girl, the real question needs to be who is the pimp behind her pimping? And was she really pimping or just going with the demands of a large number of violent thugs?

As usual, just my annoying opinion.

I thought another article said the 15 year old lived with her father? This author made it harder than it should be -
The mother and father of the seven year old have 2 younger siblings. Both the 15 and 7 year old have the same father.

No, it does not appear that 15 year old and 7 year old are biologically related. The mother of the seven year old lives with the father of the 15 year old according to the article I posted. But the article doesn't say the father of the 15 year old is also the father of the 7 year old.

If the guy was being trafficked? Sure. Otherwise it's apples and oranges, as few guys ever have to deal with what a trafficked girl does. Sorry, but sexual equality just isn't applicable here, as sex trafficking victims are predominantly female by a very wide margin, making any fair and just treatment by the law inherently favor girls and women (in the few areas that there IS fair treatment, most areas still have the opposite).

In the end, if it was a guy, he wouldn't have been raped by those men (and the girl is under the age of consent, so she was raped whether she took money or not), and it would be a pretty straightforward case of pimping. With this girl, the real question needs to be who is the pimp behind her pimping? And was she really pimping or just going with the demands of a large number of violent thugs?

Ummmm.....I think what he means is what if a brother pimped out his 7 year old sister. Would you feel the same? At least that is how I read it.

Bingo...this was a troubled girl! And from most of what I have read most prostitutes at that age are runaways.

The number one catagory are indeed runaways, but huge numbers are not, at least not until they are long entrapped, and instead come from broken households - which is much the same thing supervision and vulnerability wise.

I thought another article said the 15 year old lived with her father? This author made it harder than it should be -
The mother and father of the seven year old have 2 younger siblings. Both the 15 and 7 year old have the same father.
That is confusing..I too thought she does not live with her step sister full time. but lives with her father and comes to visit on occasion that IS what an earlier article did say.

The number one catagory are indeed runaways, but huge numbers are not, at least not until they are long entrapped, and instead come from broken households - which is much the same thing supervision and vulnerability wise.

This is all very eye opening to say the least. I am going to do some research and see what the stats are. Thanks!

That is confusing..I too thought she does not live with her step sister full time. but lives with her father and comes to visit on occasion that IS what an earlier article did say.

That other article quoted the neighbor so maybe the neighbor didn't know who the actual biological parent was.

Seems to me this teenager was a visitor and lived with her father.
seems to me she was no regular on this block.
Nobody had her brain washed, or did they have her captive.

this teenager was either a bad seed or a really troubled angry, heartless, immoral teen who either needs a lot of help or a detention hall.

No comparison to Jaycee or Elizabeth. This was a troubled girl.
Looking for more trouble, and put her little sister in the center of troubles too.
Not all bad kids are victims, and not all bad kids do not know what they are doing because they are mentally imbalanced.
NO NOT ALL. I am not willing to take the roll of enabler and label her a victim yet.
IF & When I find out that the15 year old has been abused and raped when she was young which produced her hooking, then I will take it into consideration until then.....
She is no Jaycee, and she is no Elizabeth; I am willing to hear more reports on this 15 year old monster.
For now NO level of poverty, no level of bad neighborhood will impress me as a reason, I lived in poverty, & bad neighborhoods too as a teen. so that is not going to sell me....
My parents taught me moral in the house, so unless she is mentally disabled She is a bad seed. MO

According to articles, the girl knew the people at the 'party', so obviously she was no stranger to the area - do we even know that she didn't live nearby? I'm sorry, it's just impossible to buy that this was just some random party that just happened to have a bunch of pervs into raping kids and a girl that just happened to decide to sell herself to them on her own. It just defies belief. This was planned by these guys, and someone arranged for the teen to be there. If the 7yo hadn't tagged along, then the teen would be the sole victim here, and once more, tell me how that teen was going to stop these guys once they decided to do whatever to that little girl?

And as far as poverty goes? That has nothing to do with trafficking of minors, as sheltered middle-class girls have become a favored victims of pimps since they don't have the street smarts to see the lures for what they are.

Please, please listen to the language you are using to refer to this girl when we know very, very little about what actually happened, and have heard nothing at all in her defense...again, being accused of something by LE is by no means the same as being guilty of it...

JMO and all that good stuff

Ummmm.....I think what he means is what if a brother pimped out his 7 year old sister. Would you feel the same? At least that is how I read it.

And as I said, if a brother was being raped (for money, but raped nonetheless) at the same time, then yes, I would feel the same, but if he was just standing there watching (as this girl was not, she was already being sexually whatevered when things started with the 7yo) then that is a totally different scenario, thus apples and oranges.

This is all very eye opening to say the least. I am going to do some research and see what the stats are. Thanks!

Thank you for checking it out, more people need to know! And don't think that I'm discounting your opinion on this, it's just as valid as my own with what little reliable info we have to go on. If it comes out in court that this teen did it all on her own I'll gladly eat my hat (which is a nice one) and hope for a lengthy conviction.

According to articles, the girl knew the people at the 'party', so obviously she was no stranger to the area - do we even know that she didn't live nearby? I'm sorry, it's just impossible to buy that this was just some random party that just happened to have a bunch of pervs into raping kids and a girl that just happened to decide to sell herself to them on her own. It just defies belief. This was planned by these guys, and someone arranged for the teen to be there. If the 7yo hadn't tagged along, then the teen would be the sole victim here, and once more, tell me how that teen was going to stop these guys once they decided to do whatever to that little girl?

And as far as poverty goes? That has nothing to do with trafficking of minors, as sheltered middle-class girls have become a favored victims of pimps since they don't have the street smarts to see the lures for what they are.

Please, please listen to the language you are using to refer to this girl when we know very, very little about what actually happened, and have heard nothing at all in her defense...again, being accused of something by LE is by no means the same as being guilty of it...

JMO and all that good stuff

Well, to my knowledge, nothing has been reported to suggest 15 year old tried to stop it,
or that 15 year old did not want to go to this party,
or that the men asked 15 year old to bring 7 year old along.

And as I said, if a brother was being raped (for money, but raped nonetheless) at the same time, then yes, I would feel the same, but if he was just standing there watching (as this girl was not, she was already being sexually whatevered when things started with the 7yo) then that is a totally different scenario, thus apples and oranges.

Gosh....this article says the 15 year old watched, so she wasn't having sex at the time.

The girl's 15-year-old sister took cash from teens and adults attending a party inside an apartment, then told the 7-year-old to let the boys touch her, according to police. The 15-year-old had allegedly been prostituting herself earlier, then watched as many as seven males raped her little stepsister.

http://www.nj.com/news/times/regional/index.ssf?/base/news-19/1270100751111180.xml&coll=5

Gosh....this article says the 15 year old watched, so she wasn't having sex at the time.

The girl's 15-year-old sister took cash from teens and adults attending a party inside an apartment, then told the 7-year-old to let the boys touch her, according to police. The 15-year-old had allegedly been prostituting herself earlier, then watched as many as seven males raped her little stepsister.

http://www.nj.com/news/times/regional/index.ssf?/base/news-19/1270100751111180.xml&coll=5

BUT, she had already been raped is my point - whereas in a straight brother pimps sister scenario he would not be a victim as well, making it a totally different situation (again, teen is not old enough to consent to sex, so this is rape, money or no money, and also again, teen girls usually don't just up and decide to sell themselves for money, there's usually a man in the equation making all of the decisions)

I get it that you think the criminal here is a victim. From all accounts the 15 year old had sex for money voluntarily - until I hear differently that's what I'm understanding.

If a 15 year old boy pimped out his 7 year old half or step sister - there wouldn't be the same sympathy as there is for this girl.

*and I'm a she Charlie, not a he Charlie*

Songline--I think you missed one of my sentences or I wasn't clear enough:

"Jaycee and Elizabeth were physically snatched but they did have ample opportunities to seek help. They felt they could not out of fear and mind control."

I'm very sorry if I'm muddled but I'm trying to make the point that ANY child--troubled or not--can be controlled by those stronger or more powerful than they are. It is all about fear, intimidation, and mind control. I am validating that Jaycee and Elizabeth could NOT seek help even though help was "theoretically" available. They were muted by fear and mind control. I'm agreeing with you.

This teen appears to be a far different girl than either Jaycee or Elizabeth but she is still a child. Growing up in an environment which is apparently extremely violent and not at all child friendly would most likely cause this child to not fully understand that she can and should seek help for her own victimization and with the horrid mistake of leading her younger relative into a dangerous situation. As always, I try to remind everyone that the teen mind is NOT fully developed and is fraught with glitches which cause life-changing events. One must look at the precursors and the presence, or not, of malice.

If it is learned that the 15 year old schemed to have this tiny girl raped, she must be sufficiently punished. If she walked into a wicked situation and everything went downhill from there, I respond differently. We have to remember that otherwise fine and upstanding teens drive while texting everyday and innocent people are killed. Look for the malice in what teens do. That is the tip off for the appropriate sentence. There might be hope for this teen or there might not. We just don't know yet.

The bottom line is that we, as a society, cannot expect healthy upstanding citizens to spring forth from childhoods such as this. Unless one has some sort of a life-line, it just is not feasible.

Well, to my knowledge, nothing has been reported to suggest 15 year old tried to stop it,
or that 15 year old did not want to go to this party,
or that the men asked 15 year old to bring 7 year old along.

I never said she did try to stop it etc...

I said, HOW was she going to stop it? Judging by area adults fears of reprisal if they snitch, this girl very likely would be beaten or dead if she tried to stop it, or if she tried to back out on this obviously preplanned party (the 7yo wasn't preplanned obviously, but the rest had to be logically) if she was told to be there by a pimp or gang.

Seriously, have we seen ANY source trying to find out WTH was going on in this teen's life to get her to this place? Obviously this didn't come out of nowhere if her little sister was so worried about her!

I get it that you think the criminal here is a victim. From all accounts the 15 year old had sex for money voluntarily - until I hear differently that's what I'm understanding.

If a 15 year old boy pimped out his 7 year old half or step sister - there wouldn't be the same sympathy as there is for this girl.

*and I'm a she Charlie, not a he Charlie*

That is a good point - as long as LE and prosecutors are not just going with the easy prosecution here - getting a brainwashed prostitute to turn on her pimp is hard, time consuming work, and most authorities just don't want to deal with that when they can just go for the easy target...

And by the way, prostitutes always APPEAR to be voluntarily selling themselves, until you look beneath the surface...

JMO and yadda yadda yadda

BUT, she had already been raped is my point - whereas in a straight brother pimps sister scenario he would not be a victim as well, making it a totally different situation (again, teen is not old enough to consent to sex, so this is rape, money or no money, and also again, teen girls usually don't just up and decide to sell themselves for money, there's usually a man in the equation making all of the decisions)

I never read anywhere she was raped! She was not raped, she sold herself for money and then sold her 7 year old sister to be touched by these men. Don't you think if the police thought she was raped she would not be sitting in a jail cell? They would be classifying her as a victim as well, but they are not! Why do you think that is?

This article is interesting.......

It points-out that “the vast majority of youth involved in prostitution are girls, although some service providers see an increase in the number of boys.” It notes that the average age most girls get involved in prostitution is at 14-years and the median age of involvement is 15.5-years. However, it reports child prostitutes being picked up by police at only 11 or 12-years and even 9-years of age. It stresses that child prostitutes come from throughout the country, inner-cities, suburbs and small-towns, and from all walks-of-life. But it notes, “larger cities are more likely to have a higher proportion of boys involved in prostitution”. [Department of Justice, NIS-MART, 2002]

There is a second, and apparently growing, form of prostitution that is apparently “voluntary” and involves the exchange of “favors” like dope, money or other presents. A study by Jessica Edwards, of the Pacific Institute for Research and Evaluation, found that an estimated 650,000 American teenagers exchange sex for favors. More surprising, more boys were likely to sell themselves than girls.

http://www.counterpunch.org/rosen08022008.html

http://gvnet.com/childprostitution/USA.htm

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member