GUILTY NJ - Gregory Leary & others for sexual assault of 7yo girl, Trenton, 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's strange, isn't it? The families of the 3 "falsely accused" seem to be communicating with the stepfather by phone. From what I gather, Leary (the 20-year-old) knew the 15-year-old girl prior (and possibly the stepdad too), and the 7-year-old says these three didn't do it and tried to help her. However, Leary's the one who met the girls outside their home and walked them to the party - it is on surveillance video at the apartment building.

All of this is from multiple news quotes and sources, so it's hard to piece it together. I'm reading everything I can because this just enraged me so much...I have a 6-year-old daughter and it just blows my mind that MULTIPLE people in one room could possibly have these thoughts in their heads AND act on the impulse! I want to throw up just thinking about it.

We don't really know what the 7 year old is saying.
How would she even know the names of these men? I doubt she hung out with them before this.

We don't really know what the 7 year old is saying.
How would she even know the names of these men? I doubt she hung out with them before this.

To be honest, there's not much on this case that truly is clear, all of the info available is either vague, incomplete, or contradicted somewhere - it's all just a mess in the media, and I just hope that isn't the case with LE and the DA's understanding of things. That's why I just shut my big mouth and went into wait and see mode (no sense in looking like more of an @$$ than I usually do lol). All I do know for sure is that there is more going on with this whole thing, both the crime itself and what has followed, than we have been made aware of, and I get the feeling that by the time all is revealed we'll have opened an even nastier can of worms than we initially thought. JMO and all that.

This just seems to get worse and worse.
"TRENTON — The city man who publicly defended three of the suspects accused of raping his 7-year-old stepdaughter at Rowan Towers is himself a sex offender who served time for penetrating a 5-year-old girl with his finger, according to court records."
http://www.trentonian.com/articles/2010/04/09/news/doc4bbfa2c3e0e37212665512.txt

Wow, just wow. Is this area pedo-central or what? Now I have to wonder what else might have been going on with this guy at home, both with the teen and the younger kids - and just what kind of connections he has with the men at that party :sick:

I feel sick. How is it even possible that that man is in yet another little girl's life? Did the mom not know?! That little girl needs removed from that home entirely; it is her only chance at a normal life, I believe. Makes me pretty sure the older sister was abused as well. NOT that I find that an excuse for what she did. This is just the saddest story yet.

I am so confused about the relationships.

My understanding is
The 15 year old lives with her father.
The 7 year old lives with her mother and father.
The mother is both of their mothers?

How does the 15 year old's father become the 7 year old's stepfather?

My understanding is

No, the father of the 15 year old lives with the mother of the 7 year old. 15 year old does not live with her father but comes to visit.
The father of the 15 year old is not the father of the 7 year old. The 7 year old and the 15 year old aren't related at all.

No, the father of the 15 year old lives with the mother of the 7 year old. 15 year old does not live with her father but comes to visit.
The father of the 15 year old is not the father of the 7 year old. The 7 year old and the 15 year old aren't related at all.

so early reports of her "mother and father" were incorrect?
Thanks for clarifying.

so early reports of her "mother and father" were incorrect?
Thanks for clarifying.

If there were any reports stating "mother and father" then yes, they would be incorrect because the father of the 15 year old is not the father of the 7 year old, and the mother of the 7 year old is not the mother of the 15 year old. 7 year old and 15 year old aren't biologically related.

My understanding is

My understanding is that the 15 year old lives with her mother and VISITS the father, who is the step-father of the 7 year old. The mother of the 7 year old in the step-mother of the abuser. Wow; I would so have my little girl out of there; away from that man! I just don't understand the mentality of a woman who will expose her child to a man convicted of child sexual abuse.

My understanding is that the 15 year old lives with her mother and VISITS the father, who is the step-father of the 7 year old. The mother of the 7 year old in the step-mother of the abuser. Wow; I would so have my little girl out of there; away from that man! I just don't understand the mentality of a woman who will expose her child to a man convicted of child sexual abuse.

BBM

Indeed, and one that also smacks little kids around as well, it's like playing with fire - or sleeping in a bed full of scorpions and acting surprised when you get stung :furious::banghead:

YES that would be one the first thing I would have done.
Get rid of the bad seed. Immediately after getting help for the child.

If I was the mother of the 7 year old I kick the 15 year old and her dad to the curb! Especially after knowing his past and for the way he runs his mouth.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100415...5bl9oZWFkbGluZV9saXN0BHNsawNvZmZpY2lhbHNjb3A-

Officials: Cops coerced boys in NJ gang-rape case

"The two youngest boys charged with gang-raping a 7-year-old girl last month may have been pressured into confessing and implicating others in the case, according to two people with firsthand knowledge of the police interrogations.

Two men — 20-year-old Gregory Leary and 19-year-old Timear Lewis — and three boys, ages 13, 14 and 17, have been charged with rape at the March 28 party. The girl's sister, who police say sold her to the men during a party in a vacant apartment, was charged with promoting prostitution, aggravated sexual assault and other crimes...."

more at link

I sure as heck didn't say anybody is innocent. The whole thing has turned into a morass and the truth will probably never be known. Please read the details carefully:

"The boys are learning disabled and the 14-year-old can't read or write, the official said. The 13-year-old boy often seemed confused during the interview, the source said."

These are boys with some challenges. I saw this one coming. This describes half of my children. I'm not saying whether they know right from wrong as I don't have all the facts. There's just no glory in arresting learning disabled, cognitively challenged (or however the reporter wishes to depict "special needs" kids) by trying to confuse them, pitting them against one another and talking them into "manning up" so they can go home. Trust me, I've been there and it's not right. We want the truth. We don't want more lies.

My hope is that this tragedy will shine some light on how kids "shouldn't be raised".

IMO, a clean sweep needs to be made of this entire apartment and DHS needs to take a close look at how the children and teens are being supervised. If you leave most 13-16 year olds unsupervised with access to alcohol and drugs in a "party" environment, not a lot of healthy activity is going to go on.

I sure as heck didn't say anybody is innocent. The whole thing has turned into a morass and the truth will probably never be known. Please read the details carefully:

"The boys are learning disabled and the 14-year-old can't read or write, the official said. The 13-year-old boy often seemed confused during the interview, the source said."

These are boys with some challenges. I saw this one coming. This describes half of my children. I'm not saying whether they know right from wrong as I don't have all the facts. There's just no glory in arresting learning disabled, cognitively challenged (or however the reporter wishes to depict "special needs" kids) by trying to confuse them, pitting them against one another and talking them into "manning up" so they can go home. Trust me, I've been there and it's not right. We want the truth. We don't want more lies.

My hope is that this tragedy will shine some light on how kids "shouldn't be raised".

IMO, a clean sweep needs to be made of this entire apartment and DHS needs to take a close look at how the children and teens are being supervised. If you leave most 13-16 year olds unsupervised with access to alcohol and drugs in a "party" environment, not a lot of healthy activity is going to go on.

i didnt say you did......my comment was about the article ;)

I know that, kbl. I'm trying to stay away from this thread as it really upsets me on so many levels. I see this whole mess through a lot of different lenses and it all makes me sick. There's no clear perp. Even the number of victims is unclear. It's a mob mentality and the whole environment is just plain wrong for kids to be in.

It reminds me of what I've read recently about the garbage going on in the tent cities set up in Haiti. Mothers are having to tie their children to their bodies so they aren't stolen and raped in the night. But, this is New Jersey, for heaven's sake. Can't we do any better for our kids?

Do human beings really not have any better self control? Have we dissolved into a society that can't raise our children to know right from wrong, to have empathy and shame?

There's going to be so much spin on this that no one is going to be able to dig the truth out. And that's sad as charges will fall apart, witnesses will fail to show up, band-aids will be applied and it will just keep happening. The 15 year old could be pregnant, as we speak, and the cycle will repeat.

My kids, my beautiful kids, would have been raised exactly like this had they not had their parental rights terminated for this very same behavior. We've had successes and failures but nothing changes systemically. Yes, we helped eight but there's hundreds of thousands more who desperately need stronger minds, structure, and a level of quality in their life. They need bootstraps as they have none.

It just makes me want to cry because I really did want to change the world.

This just seems to get worse and worse.
"TRENTON — The city man who publicly defended three of the suspects accused of raping his 7-year-old stepdaughter at Rowan Towers is himself a sex offender who served time for penetrating a 5-year-old girl with his finger, according to court records."
http://www.trentonian.com/articles/2010/04/09/news/doc4bbfa2c3e0e37212665512.txt

OH, WELL NOW.

This is horrible and getting worse by the minute!

The comments under this article are interesting...scroll down to near the bottom and some are from a person who claims to be the grandmother of this man's 2006 victims. And there are some from other people who claim to know him too.

It seems that every single child this man has come into contact with has suffered in some way. Mark my words, there is a very distinct reason why this 15 year old is as sexually provocative as she is. Read a little bit about the profiles of teens who prostitute and she's a textbook case.

ITA, the comments are very telling. He's not a popular man and has many pointing the finger at him for molesting all the children. It surely would not be the first time a father pimped his girls. It's the most vile act in the world but we see it everyday. If you've already stepped over the line into raping your child, it doesn't take much of a shove to make some money on the side. Children raised in this sort of environment disassociate and have been known to take part. They have to survive somehow. It's disgusting but a common factor.

Until proven dead wrong, I'm still seeing the 15 year old also as a victim, as I have from the moment this story broke.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ateen
Back