NJ - " I am the Watcher..." -- A Hoax ?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"Not everyone can carry the weight of the world," The Watcher concluded, reckoning to, nevertheless.

"(Don't go back to) Westfield, and waste another year."

AWESOME! "Don't Go Back to Rockville" is probably my hands-down favorite REM song.

But then there is "Low"......

This is interesting:
"How can a couple with a $300,000 house in Scotch Plains and $175,000 mortgage 10 years ago have a $1.1 million mortgage at a mortgage rate that doesn't make sense? You might ask those questions," he said, waving the cup. "Or you might ask, maybe it's a ghoul in a house. But the issues are probably more practical." He pointed out that records show the new owners having had 12 mortgages in the past 10 years.

New Jersey’s eerie “Watcher” mystery has a precedent: In 1976, the citizens of Circleville, Ohio began receiving sinister handwritten letters. The anonymous author knew many personal details about each resident and claimed to be watching them. They were postmarked from Columbus, without a return address.
---
The rest here, at io9.com:

The Sinister Mystery of the Circleville, Ohio Poison-Pen Letter Writer

....and the letters are legitimately creepy.

You have changed it and made it so fancy...it cries for the past and what used to be in the time when I roamed its halls...when I ran from room to room imagining the life with the rich occupants there...and now I watch and wait for the day when the young blood will be mine again...

'(The house) is turning on me it is coming after me...I am in charge of it...Let the young blood play again like I once did...Stop changing it and let it alone.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...m-dream-home-targeted-terrifying-stalker.html
http://gawker.com/bring-me-young-blood-the-creepy-threats-of-the-westf-1713729620

[Snipped for focus; BBM]
I think it's an historic preservationist.:tomato:

I am trying to find the article I read a while back that stated that the Broaddus family had something like 3 mortgages in 5 years. hmmmm. And reading new info here that restoration continued on the house after the so called second letter, I'm more skeptical.

Sounds like yuppie Madoff shenanigans to me; the new homeowner is a huge executive in a Wall St. insurance co.

Very suspicious. I am tremendously skeptical of the entire story. Old owners deny ever receiving letters.

EXCLUSIVE: Scientist house-sellers sued by new owners who claimed it was stalked by 'The Watcher' who wanted 'young blood'

Distinguished scientists John and Andrea Woods sold their suburban New Jersey home in June 2014 to allow them to retire to Massachusetts

But Derek and Maria Broaddus, the couple they bought it from sued them, claiming they had received anonymous threatening letters

Now the Woods have struck back, accusing the Broaddusses of causing them emotional distress and public embarrassment

But in court papers seen by Daily Mail Online they say they too received an anonymous letter days before the deal went through

They deny it was 'disturbing' or from 'The Watcher' and want the Broadduses' case dismissed and an order to pay the Woods damages

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ng-blood-say-ex-homeowners.html#ixzz40wrnHWhB

This whole thing seems fishy. I mean, it could be anything from an annoyed neighbor, a bored neighborhood kid, to a complete fabrication on the Broaddus' part. Taking legal action against previous owners screams relentlessly self-absorbed and overkill. Where are the proof of the actual letters? How can this story even hold so much water in a court? Good grief. Sounds more like they didn't get exactly what they expected, financially, and have no shame getting more any way how. Where is the family living right now? In the "creepy dream house" or elsewhere? Weird story.
JMHO.

Sent via Tapatalk - Please excuse any mobile-induced typos. Thanks.

As the police seem to be rather unconcerned, they haven't been moved into witness protection or whisked into a safe house, and I see no evidence of FBI involvement...

Well I'm still going on my initial feeling. It's all about the Benjamins.*

*now whether it's a money grab or an attempt at notoriety a la Amityville I'm not sure

I believe there is an unstable person in that neighborhood. I would not want to be the Judge in that civil case.

Yep, the house is back on the market... any takers?

For sale: ‘The Watcher’ house, where a stalker’s chilling letters scared a family into fleeing

A notorious New Jersey home purportedly under a mysterious stalker’s watchful eye is back on the market — nearly two years after its owners said they bought it but became too terrified to move in.

Attorney Lee Levitt, who represents the Broadduses, said they have not received a letter in 20 months but the memories still haunt them.

“These people are sick to their stomachs from this house,” he told The Washington Post on Wednesday. “They just have a very bad taste in their mouths.”

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fo...d-a-family-into-fleeing/ar-BBr91X5?li=BBnb7Kz

There is something off with the windows... Weird!

watcher home.jpg

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper