NJ - " I am the Watcher..." -- A Hoax ?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I, too, think it would be interesting to know the occupations of the current owners... History of past addresses of residences... Etc....

IMO

This is all public record, and visible in the lawsuit document (entire document posted on the Gawker news website), and LinkedIn...Derek Broaddus, Senior Vice-President at Allied World Assurance Company (NYC, NY).

The Mayor has spoken at this latest Town Hall meeting in June mainly to calm his local public into thinking their real estate values won't suffer due to this idiotic claim of a "stalker". I'm sure the family IS upside-down on the house, and probably even before Day 1. The police have studied the letters for over a year now (the letters are the only evidence in this case) with the aid of modern forensic tools, and still cannot determine the originator of the letters. If they haven't yet, they probably never will. And that goes to the writer's great benefit...think about it, who would benefit from "the Watcher's" identity being kept secret?

As ironic as it is that John List's house was just 2 blocks away from the Broaddus' (only 0.5 miles away), I don't think List had anything to do with this "stalker" case. Especially because List only bought his house in the 1960s, and soon after murdered all his heirs and other family members in that house like the worthless dog he was. List was new to that house and neighborhood, there are no known relations of his interested in that house or area until he came there. **Hmmm, wait--1960s--the "Watcher" referenced his father watching the house in the 1960s; an attempt by "The Watcher" perhaps to tie his involvement with this stalking case to the List murders? Well no, List's family had nothing to do with New Jersey back in the 1920s, the family was all in Michigan.

..and I started humming a song--no reason, I thought--but then I realized what I was humming: a kinda crappy, yet catchy song by Steely Dan you still hear on the radio once in awhile called "Vikki Don't Lose That Number"..."you don't have to call nobody else...SEND IT OFF IN A LETTER TO YOURSELF"
snip

"Rikki Don't Lose That Number," a single from 1974 -- the song speaks to one of many things if one lets it, I guess: it could concern Rikki Ducornet, songwriter Donald Fagen's friend at Bard College in the late '60s, perhaps, or perhaps who sent The Watcher letters in New Jersey in 2014.

Art's like that.

Also, thanks for the thoughtful critique of "my" sonnet. You did however miss the point entirely.

Ok...art is cool and all; but the fact that you are now suggesting the identity of "The Watcher" now because of a song I was thinking of while researching this? Come on now. I know I must be missing your point, because apparently you think "art" and creating 14-meter verse by slapping together the few assorted snippets of the original 3 letters is somehow significant to solving this case? I am beginning to think your efforts here are to confuse and even slow down this investigation--your repeatedly suggesting background music for this case? Linking lots of news articles about this case, without actually commenting or offering any helpful insights or opinions on anyone's informed opinions of posters on this thread about the facts in this case, including myself? Explain.

Ok...art is cool and all; but the fact that you are now suggesting the identity of "The Watcher" now because of a song I was thinking of while researching this, because I subconsciously meshed the lyrics with what I was thinking? Come on now. I do think I am missing your point, because apparently you think art and creating 14-meter verse by slapping together the few assorted snippets of the original 3 letters is somehow significant to solving this case? I am beginning to think your efforts here are to confuse and slow down this investigation. Explain.
14-line verse. Metrics are....different.

Not trying to impede your investigation I hope.

Stranger things have happened when more than one person bids on a house.
lengthy article.
This crazy situation involved a " Mother of the Year" winner..
rbbm.
http://abc7news.com/news/san-diego-...r-of-torment-from-jealous-home-bidder/475504/

" February 13, 2015
A San Diego couple is still living in fear after suffering a year of cruel harassment from a jealous home bidder who allegedly plotted to have the wife raped by a stranger.

According to PEOPLE, married couple Jerry Rice and Janice Ruhter had outbid Kathy Rowe on a dream home in upscale Carmel Valley in the fall of 2011. Soon after, strange things started happening.

The couple's home had mysteriously been listed for sale online, their mail had been stopped over Christmas, and they were charged with over $1,000 in magazines and books they did not order.

On Valentine's Day, at least eight of Rice's neighbors angrily confronted him, asking why he had sent their wives Valentine's Day cards. However, Rowe's harassment of the young couple soon escalated into a sinister conspiracy to have Ruhter raped.

snip>

A few months after Rice reported the incidents to police, Rowe was arrested. Rowe, who had been named a San Diego "Mother of the Year" by Time Warner Cable in 2006, was charged with two felony counts of solicitation of rape and sodomy and misdemeanor charges for identity theft and repeated harassment by electronic communication. Last November, Rowe had pled guilty to a stalking charge

http://www.nj.com/union/index.ssf/2015/06/westfield_neighbors_react_to_the_watcher.html

"Since the now-international, movie-like story centers around a real estate dispute -- the family bought their $1.3M "dream home," then sued the past owners for not mentioning the stalker -- Holata and other neighbors say it could be a real estate hoax.

Some mused that it might be a competing buyer, trying to buy the home at a reduced rate when all this blows over."

So what do we think?

I think the way you laid out the facts builds an excellent case for this being a hoax perpetrated by the buyers. I just am very reluctant to accuse victims of crimes (even though I think this couple's lawsuit is ethically/morally wrong) but I'd be lying if I said that I hadn't come to a similar possible conclusion. However, a lot of the same scenario you've laid out could fit easily with an outside stalker who's trying to wage psychological warfare against the family. Also, it's kind of amazing how much information about the house (video walkthroughs, lots of pictures from real estate sites etc.) has been posted online about this house. Any random internet stranger is able to do a virtual walk-through of the interior and an exterior inspection via google maps in addition to reading up on the house's history, so I'm still open to this being a strange internet-originating hoax.

And to round out that soundtrack....

“I am pleased to know your names now and the name of the young blood you have brought to me. Will the young bloods play in the basement?"

Hey Mods, now may be a good time to reiterate proper websleuths ettiquite such as; easy on the personal attacks.

GREAT IDEA.

Everyone,

NO PERSONAL ATTACKS.

Come on, this is why Websleuths is different than all the other forums!

We do not allow posters to attack each other either directly, indirectly or passive aggressive.

I am grumpy today. Why? No reason. Once in a while a person needs to get their grumpy on.

Please, don't give me anything to be grumpy about OK?

Be nice to each other.

Love,
The Grump who Owned Websleuths.

GREAT IDEA.

Everyone,

NO PERSONAL ATTACKS.

Come on, this is why Websleuths is different than all the other forums!

We do not allow posters to attack each other either directly, indirectly or passive aggressive.

I am grumpy today. Why? No reason. Once in a while a person needs to get their grumpy on.

Please, don't give me anything to be grumpy about OK?

Be nice to each other.

Love,
The Grump who Owned Websleuths.

BBM

You OWN Websleuths. :)

Still with that soundtrack thing, as thinkers of thoughts about this twisted topic do need a playlist.

So another, one that worked well with the Durst 'The Jinx' episodes, and perhaps even better here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back