GUILTY NJ - Kara Alongi, 16, charged in abduction hoax, 30 Sept 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She definitely needs to be punished for what she has done, but I believe it's up to LE and her parents, not the media or society.

I'm glad she has been found, but the reality is that she's a very immature 16 year old child, and she should be treated accordingly. Her life shouldn't be ruined because of a stupid mistake she made as a kid, but unfortunately, I don't think she's ever going to escape the ramifications of this. I just hope that she's learnt from this mistake, and has grown up a bit and realized that the world doesn't revolve around her.

I hope her and her family find the help they need to move forward from this, and that they can deal with whatever issues it were that caused Kara to feel that running away and faking an abduction was the right decision to make.

Because at the end of the day, she is only 16. I've seen brattier mean girls who have turned out to be completely different (and more wonderful) people than you ever would have guessed by looking at their 16 year old self. There's always hope.

My kids are held accountable for their actions one is 16 one 24 if either one of them had done this id be so happy they were safe and then they would be doing months and months of community service... because they wouldnt be allowed out again till they were 40

I'm not going to "jump all over you" (so please don't take my post the wrong way), but I don't feel the need to know why Ivy did what she did. She did NOTHING illegal, btw. She was 24 years old and was able to leave as she pleased. We were told by mods to respect her privacy (paraphrasing). If she wants us to know, she'll tell us. But, she doesn't OWE me an explanation. I'm just happy she was found ALIVE and can get any help she may need to deal with her personal situation. I'm curious, yes, but it's not my business unless she wants us to know. Ivy did nothing illegal, why should she have to pay anything back? (Wrong thread, I know.)

Kara is a minor and ran away. What she did by tweeting and inciting fear was WRONG! Does she owe me an explanation as to her decision? Nope! That's between her, her family, and the police. Would I be interested in knowing why (out of curiosity) she chose to make that text? Absolutely! Should a court order her to pay back any costs associated with a possible abduction? I'd support that too!

BBM: Typically kids don't just run away. And from what I understand, this wasn't Kara's first time. Perhaps there is something there that needs to be addressed not just in individual therapy, but including her parents.

I agree with your points on privacy...to an extent. At 16 years old, her parents are still responsible for her. They need to know what she is posting on her FB and Twitter (or any other social media sites). There are far too many dangers out there.

BBM I didn't expect anything different. That's a typical statement from LE. Her family deserves privacy. They didn't run away. Just because she sent a tweet (which was wrong on so many levels) doesn't mean she doesn't deserve privacy to deal with whatever caused her to poor decisions. I'm sure it will take time for her family to heal from this. Were her brothers traumatized thinking someone stole their sister? We don't know! Not to mention, we also don't know what she experienced while she was away. For example, Ivy was robbed! She's lucky to be alive, as is Kara. And at the end of the day, that's all that is important to me.

:twocents: Sorry if I offend you, Krey. That is certainly not my intention.

No offense taken. I can certainly agree to disagree. I personally think that the huge chaos these people cause (Ivy, Kara, Runaway Bride, Tiffany Tehan, and the list goes on and on) sets them up as fair game for public attention. LE resources were spent looking for them - resources that should have been saved for legitimate cases. Missing person posters were distributed. MSM articles were written. The information was all over the place, for all the public to see. At 16 years old, and especially at 25 years old, these girls should have been able to predict what would happen when they went missing. Not to get all Dr. Phil here, but when you choose the behavior, you choose the consequences. No, they don't HAVE to tell us anything at all, obviously. But I don't HAVE to be happy and fine and accepting of what they did, either. I'm allowed to have a negative opinion about them, and I'm allowed to speak of them in a public forum, since they themselves chose to do something that garnered public attention.

LOL How many sweet 16 yr olds do u know lol Most have attitudes and are snarkey!
They know it all, they roll their eyes and think they can get away with murder. they are not nice creatures at 16 LOL

Actually sweet 16 is an Oxymoron!

My kids are held accountable for their actions one is 16 one 24 if either one of them had done this id be so happy they were safe and then they would be doing months and months of community service... because they wouldnt be allowed out again till they were 40

BBM

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I certainly agree!

No offense taken. I can certainly agree to disagree. I personally think that the huge chaos these people cause (Ivy, Kara, Runaway Bride, Tiffany Tehan, and the list goes on and on) sets them up as fair game for public attention. LE resources were spent looking for them - resources that should have been saved for legitimate cases. Missing person posters were distributed. MSM articles were written. The information was all over the place, for all the public to see. At 16 years old, and especially at 25 years old, these girls should have been able to predict what would happen when they went missing. Not to get all Dr. Phil here, but when you choose the behavior, you choose the consequences. No, they don't HAVE to tell us anything at all, obviously. But I don't HAVE to be happy and fine and accepting of what they did, either. I'm allowed to have a negative opinion about them, and I'm allowed to speak of them in a public forum, since they themselves chose to do something that garnered public attention.

BMM: We can agree on that. ;)

Listing Ivy in that list though is not right, IMHO. She did nothing illegal. Once a person turns 18, they are free to leave without telling anyone anything. Like I said, it was morally wrong to put her family (and the public) through what she did, but nothing illegal about - no matter how much LE was involved or how many articles were written in MSM.

Listing Ivy in that list though is not right, IMHO. She did nothing illegal. Once a person turns 18, they are free to leave without telling anyone anything. Like I said, it was morally wrong to put her family (and the public) through what she did, but nothing illegal about - no matter how much LE was involved or how many articles were written in MSM.

I agree that she didn't fake her own kidnapping like the others in the list, BUT she did remain gone for 3 weeks while hundreds of people were worried SICK about her. She caused an awful lot of pain for an awful lot of people, and she surely had to be aware of what would happen when she took off and went "missing." My list was more of a moral nature than a legal one.

Let's wait and see if Kara makes the media rounds. We know that she is probably getting lots of requests for interviews. If she turns them all down, then I think it's fair to say that she is humiliated at the outrage her hoax caused, and wants it to go away. However, if she appears on GMA, it tells me that she is trying to prolong her 15 minutes, and believes in the saying, "Any publicity is good publicity".

Let's wait and see if Kara makes the media rounds. We know that she is probably getting lots of requests for interviews. If she turns them all down, then I think it's fair to say that she is humiliated at the outrage her hoax caused, and wants it to go away. However, if she appears on GMA, it tells me that she is trying to prolong her 15 minutes, and believes in the saying, "Any publicity is good publicity".

Then again, Casey Anthony never made any media rounds. She just sat back and smirked at all the attention she was getting.

IVy went on a vacation! Or went out on a little adventure!
In my opinion she was never missing!
So why all the missing posters? all the bla bla bla!
I still think she went on a cruise!

She looked fantastic when she was found! suntanned shorter blonde hair!

I am curious where she really went lol

I also think it was all pre planned for her parents to meet her where they did
it wasnt a miracle lol

Im very happy they are all safe but there are girls and boys out there that are in danger and might never come home!

Then again, Casey Anthony never made any media rounds. She just sat back and smirked at all the attention she was getting.

But Casey is still a household name a year after the verdict, so there was no reason for her to talk. The Kara story is already fading; Just look on Google News and see that only 43 media outlets have reported she was found. If Kara makes the media rounds, it will keep the story in the news for a little bit longer.

I disagree!
You cant just sweep it under the table! Im sorry!
If she ran away sure but the abduction thing nooooo wayyyyy!
I know some 16 yr olds that know way more than i and have the street smarts tooo.

I'm not asking for it be swept under the table. But as others have said leave it to the police and parents to discipline her. I'm sure she will suitably punished by those who need to do it.

So glad to read Kara has been found safe. Best wishes to her and her family as they work through this.

I'm not asking for it be swept under the table. But as others have said leave it to the police and parents to discipline her. I'm sure she will suitably punished by those who need to do it.

This isnt about discipline!
Its about being responsible for your actions!
Nothing more nothing less.

they said she might face charges so we will have to wait and see I dont think it will be anything horrible maybe some community service but
she knew enuff to call LE on her friends for drinking.
LOL but did she do it cause it was the right thing to do or was it to get ppl in trouble....

Kids!

This isnt about discipline!
Its about being responsible for your actions!
Step up and face the music.
Dont run and hide and say let the family have their privacy!

Id just like some of these girls to say

" I'm Sorry"

So her being disciplined by her parents and the police isn't enough? Would you like her to stand in front of the media and make a public apology would that make everyone feel better? This sounds like a witch hunt and that people want to make an example of her more than people are concerned that she is ok.

I'm sorry to sound harsh but she is a 16 year old girl who now I would say has realised that she has caused serious issues. I don't think that putting her in front of media and making her apologise is going to help anyone.

I've never seen LE delay reporting that a missing person was found to give the family private time. Guess it depends on who the family is.

best post of the day, IMO.

me neither. i was on the turnpike today. it was closed from exit 4 to 9...the rest of us ended up on the parkway (yeah yeah, joke all you want, "what exit" blah blah blah lol).

there's NO WAY a trooper just happened upon young kara. a motorist, IMO, called her in. only road kill occupy the shoulder lanes...

as jazz said earlier, that mr. & mrs. should call an attorney before speaking out, holds deeply true. my guess is that a very irreputable law firm paid some serious cash to keep the NJPD quiet and media at bay for an extra eighteen hours...

JMO...

I'm glad Kara was found safe! And someone posted Brailynne, too?! (Heading over there next).

You have to remember that in choosing to belong to a forum like this, we can't choose the outcomes...I'd prefer to hear THEY made a bad choice that did not end up life threatening than they where at the hands of a blankety-blank-blank, going through horrible, damaging things. Of course, I'd beyond prefer they faced their problems and were thoughtful of their loved ones, but that's not a choice we get to make.

Sadly, Shawns & Jaycees aren't a common occurrence & even those are not ideal due to the terror they will forever carry through their lives. We are faced with possible "happy" situations, where someone made a thoughtless decision & were found safe OR devastating situations, where we have to help sleuth the location of the body & come together to demand justice.

Now! Onto the next! Ya coming?

best post of the day, IMO.

me neither. i was on the turnpike today. it was closed from exit 4 to 9...the rest of us ended up on the parkway (yeah yeah, joke all you want, "what exit" blah blah blah lol).

there's NO WAY a trooper just happened upon young kara. a motorist, IMO, called her in. only road kill occupy the shoulder lanes...

as jazz said earlier, that mr. & mrs. should call an attorney before speaking out, holds deeply true. my guess is that a very irreputable law firm paid some serious cash to keep the NJPD quiet and media at bay for an extra eighteen hours...

JMO...

It's been cleared up that Kara called 911 herself.

I don't know anything about this family's income situation, except from seeing pictures of their house. They seem like a middle class family, and I'm sure if they had fancy jobs, we would hear about that. So I don't see any proof that they would even be able to pay the media off.

So her being disciplined by her parents and the police isn't enough? Would you like her to stand in front of the media and make a public apology would that make everyone feel better? This sounds like a witch hunt and that people want to make an example of her more than people are concerned that she is ok.

I'm sorry to sound harsh but she is a 16 year old girl who now I would say has realised that she has caused serious issues. I don't think that putting her in front of media and making her apologise is going to help anyone.

I agree. We are not entitled to know anything further, she is a minor for gosh sakes. There are plenty of other cases here which deserve our attention. Now that I know she is home safe, I'm moving on.

All said respectfully and in MHO
icon7.gif

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member