NJ NJ - Mark Himebaugh, 11, Del Haven, Cape May County, 25 Nov 1991

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Was surprised and excited to learn there had been a book published about the case. Read it on my kindle this week. Where’s Mark by Rich Mchale. It was….shocking to say the least. I now have a different theory of what happened to Mark but I’m not going to say it here as I’m not sure if it’s against the rules. I’d strongly recommend the book.

Hoping the book brings more awareness to Mark and gives someone the courage to speak out.

Is it something that has been mentioned on this thread before or something completely new?

Is it something that has been mentioned on this thread before or something completely new?

I’m pretty sure it’s new. The book just came out a few months ago. If you look at the book reviews on Amazon and the author’s Facebook page….it sounds like this was all because people finally began to speak out.

I meant to give a warning in my previous post- book contains graphic detail of sexual abuse.

Thanks for the warning. I think it may be something that has been discussed on this thread. A woman who was allegedly shown a video speaking out about it? :(
(Oh how I wish this one not to be an abduction case, though.)

The book Where is Mark is a great book by Rich Mchale. I read it in one day. I have been interested in this case since the vanished podcast covered it 2016.

1. Is their an another top suspect other than Buttcavage? It seems when researching the case he is the only one mentioned, and I know he is a main suspect for a reason.

It seems when researching the case he is the only one mentioned, and I know he is a main suspect for a reason. However, is their anyway their is a suspect who looked like Buttcavge with the long black hair which was a common look in the early 90s

Also how was the girl witnessed talking to Mark involved? New Haven is a very small town and she was from New Haven, was she from Philadelphia? Was she lured by Buttcavage by drugs or was she a kidnap victim as well?

The Middle Township Police Department and Cape May Prosecutor's Office will deploy to use artificial intelligence to investigate the case of Mark Himebaugh, who went missing in 1991 in Cape May County.

Police said Wednesday they entered into an agreement with Tabtu Corp and its service provider, Terawe, to use AI to assist in the case.

mark-himebaugh.jpg
Mark Himebaugh at age 11
Law enforcement agencies have been using AI to help advance investigations, authorities said. They added AI has the ability to help find patterns in the case that might not be as apparent.

"I want to thank the Vollee team and Microsoft for partnering with us on this important project," Middle Township Police Chief Christopher Leusner said in a release. "It is important that we use every available resource and the latest technology to help us find Mark. My hope is this pilot program will help us solve Mark's case and be used as a model to help with other cold cases."

Thomas Butcavage Jr, what a bigger scum, a dirty and repulsive human being, the worst thing there is, apart from killing and raping this child, Mark had done it with several others and had been convicted of the same thing. What could a small child like them cause? they can get excited with that... I hope and die burned with acid or kicked by a horse... I get very angry in these cases...
little mark rest in peace

Also how was the girl witnessed talking to Mark involved? New Haven is a very small town and she was from New Haven, was she from Philadelphia? Was she lured by Buttcavage by drugs or was she a kidnap victim as well?
I was thinking she might have been a kidnapped victim as well.

Oh I believe "the prostitute". Despise calling him that. His name is out there. Just feels safer not to say. I've known a number of male prostitutes. These tricks are what they are. You do alot of strange for change. When it comes to children? No! No! No! Obviously a huge number of them were assaulted as kids. They'll go give a statement Pronto they see that.

It's the phone caller from the payphone we question. Why that hour? Why Port Richmond? Why that name? Several of us Philly natives hear different things.

No matter why? Set somebody up?
I feel maybe the caller was an addict and he lived with guilt knowing this secret and that is why he made the call.

Maybe the police should check the database and see if any young girls that fit her description were kidnapped in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, or Delaware around or before the time Mark went missing.

Maybe the police should check the database and see if any young girls that fit her description were kidnapped in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, or Delaware around or before the time Mark went missing.
I was thinking she might have been a kidnapped victim as wel
I think that she might have been used by her parent or guardian to take Mark. But just in case she was reported missing, I have a few suggestions here.

I think that she might have been used by her parent or guardian to take Mark. But just in case she was reported missing, I have a few suggestions here.

Could be any of the three. So sad!

Lauren Maria Pico Jackson was living in Chester county when she disappeared and I believe chester county is right next to Delaware County where Thomas Butcavage lived.

32 Years Ago Today, Mark Himebaugh Disappeared in Middle Twp., NJ

Today marks 32 years since Mark Himebaugh disappeared.

On November 25, 1991, 11-year-old Mark Himebaugh was walking towards a playground in Del Haven, Middle Township, and he hasn't been seen since.

According to Middle Township Police, a park guard was the last person to see him at about 4:00 that afternoon.

Mark Himebaugh
Historic photos related to the disappearance of Mark Himebaugh from Del Haven, on November 25, 1991. Natalie Hollish during a vigil, Nov. 26, 1992

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back