NJ NJ - Meaghan McCallum, 30, Oakland, 10 March 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So she was last seen by her grandmother on March 10 at 11:00 p.m., then cams show her walking alone out of a Long Branch parking garage at 5:30 a.m. on March 11th?

So she was last seen by her grandmother on March 10 at 11:00 p.m., then cams show her walking alone out of a Long Branch parking garage at 5:30 a.m. on March 11th?

Thank you very much for all the updates. A break!

Which direction and any idea on where the garage is exactly?

Is video footage online yet?

Any point in checking craigslist and SM activity from the time that may have been offers that Meg may have accepted on a whim to go spend time on the Shore?

Sounds like people are paying some attention on the shore. There's an update and outreach for posting flyers below from the Find Meg effort.

https://www.facebook.com/findmegnow...419900708088/1577517445865000/?type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/findmegnow

Also something to consider, if Meg did indeed leave at 11 p.m, she had to have gone somewhere prior to the parking garage. It's only about an hour and a half down the Parkway, and probably less considering it was later at night and no traffic.

As for the party angle, it's certainly possible but Pier Village is not a partying spot, at least by Jersey Shore standards. There are nice restaurants/bar, nice shops, and upscale apartments in the village. Unless she was going to meet someone, it's a weird place to pick to go at 5 a.m. or whatever. Everything would be closed.

OK...according to the FindMeg FB page, her car has been recovered in Long Branch at Pier Village. Meg was captured on camera walking out of the parking garage within a few hours of her being missing. Pier Village is a very popular place down in Long Branch, it's sort of a big outdoor mall kind of place, with a lot of restaurants and shops as well as some apartments. It is directly next to the beach as well. I have been there many times to eat, hang out and go to the beach. Aside from meeting someone at Pier Village in the early mornings, it's strange she would drive there. Pier Village is a very nice place, a lot to do, and is well-lit and has security and patrols as well. According to the FB page, police have sent canines out to the beach to check for a scent as well as the boardwalk. What's really strange is that she was not seen any other cameras attached to businesses. Knowing Pier Village, I wouldn't think you could walk 50 feet without being on a camera somewhere, the shops and restaurants are close to each other and they line the boardwalk and area. Pier Village is an enclosed place, where you can park your car and walk around easily, she would've had to have been on camera somewhere.

Could she have met somebody there and cast off from there or just stayed with them, an old friend or acquaintance, rehab even? I can't imagine her going out of the blue off season.

Also something to consider, if Meg did indeed leave at 11 p.m, she had to have gone somewhere prior to the parking garage. It's only about an hour and a half down the Parkway, and probably less considering it was later at night and no traffic.

As for the party angle, it's certainly possible but Pier Village is not a partying spot, at least by Jersey Shore standards. There are nice restaurants/bar, nice shops, and upscale apartments in the village. Unless she was going to meet someone, it's a weird place to pick to go at 5 a.m. or whatever. Everything would be closed.

That's why I'm thinking maybe she left her car there and took off with somebody from another place who would be familiar with piers and how to leave no trace if you wanted to take off. It may, by virtue of your description, be someone well off? Spaghetti on the wall ideas. More information and the video would be great.

Would you be able to place the garage on a google's map?

As someone posted above, the garage I am thinking of is :

2 CHELSEA AVENUE
LONG BRANCH, NJ 07740

If you put that in Google maps, it comes right up (sorry I am terrible with bringing maps to here) Also, if you click streetview, it gives you a very good idea of what Pier Village looks like

As someone posted above, the garage I am thinking of is :

2 CHELSEA AVENUE
LONG BRANCH, NJ 07740

If you put that in Google maps, it comes right up (sorry I am terrible with bringing maps to here) Also, if you click streetview, it gives you a very good idea of what Pier Village looks like

Thank you for this, not a problem at all. I'll get some maps up shortly and go from there.

I think one of two things is plausible, just from knowing Pier Village and the general area. I apologize if this is morose, but one thing could be she went into the ocean and never came back out. I understand they have boats etc looking but she could be anywhere. The other thing is what you touched on HG...she met someone and took off to somewhere. The only trouble I'm having is that she was never captured on camera again, and unless there cameras were not working, I believe there are many cameras in the area that would have caught her after she left the garage.

I think one of two things is plausible, just from knowing Pier Village and the general area. I apologize if this is morose, but one thing could be she went into the ocean and never came back out. I understand they have boats etc looking but she could be anywhere. The other thing is what you touched on HG...she met someone and took off to somewhere. The only trouble I'm having is that she was never captured on camera again, and unless there cameras were not working, I believe there are many cameras in the area that would have caught her after she left the garage.

Ah. Do you suppose the video shows which direction she took exiting the garage or checking to see if she may be on video at other parking lots near there? There would be many homes locked up for the season, maybe she somehow knew about one where she could go be on her own?

There's an assisted living community there, is there a chance they may have seen her?

This may be an interesting place to check

http://www.yelp.com/biz/pier-village-long-branch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0OOqfEtxtI

https://www.parkme.com/lot/121521/2-chelsea-ave-long-branch-nj-07740-usa

Two Chelsea  - Edited.png

Anything I've read has not stated if the camera showed which way she started to walk. The entire Pier Village complex is not that big actually, mostly centered around the picture you posted. You can continue to walk in either direction and eventually find houses etc.

I'm really getting hung up on her motive for going to Pier Village. The family hasn't stated if Meg had been there before and knew the area or not. I just can't figure why she would go there. But I do think it was for a specific reason, possibly to meet someone there or somewhere nearby had some sort of meaning to her. I think if she wanted to harm herself, she wouldn't drive to down here to do it. But again, we also don't know her state of mind that night either. And I would still like to know what she was doing before parking there at 5 am. There is essentially 6 hours from the time grandma saw her and when she was seen on camera.

Anything I've read has not stated if the camera showed which way she started to walk. The entire Pier Village complex is not that big actually, mostly centered around the picture you posted. You can continue to walk in either direction and eventually find houses etc.

I'm really getting hung up on her motive for going to Pier Village. The family hasn't stated if Meg had been there before and knew the area or not. I just can't figure why she would go there. But I do think it was for a specific reason, possibly to meet someone there or somewhere nearby had some sort of meaning to her. I think if she wanted to harm herself, she wouldn't drive to down here to do it. But again, we also don't know her state of mind that night either. And I would still like to know what she was doing before parking there at 5 am. There is essentially 6 hours from the time grandma saw her and when she was seen on camera.

The person on the FB page has an email, a couple of her relatives as well, maybe you could ask? Jumping off your post, and your previous points as well, could she have met with a person prior to dropping off her at the garage? So, leaving the car there may have been an attempt to leave the trail cold after some arrangement the previous night? Or she may have been somewhere else before with somebody or alone that left her feeling bereft?

I may have missed something, Lord knows it wouldn't be the first time...cough..., but has it been said what this history of mental illness is of hers is, and if so, has it played a role in this disappearance?

Car of missing Oakland woman found in Long Branch parking garage
Police move investigation to the Jersey Shore in search of 33-year-old Megan Mccallum

Leigh Scheps, Fios 1 News, Apr 17, '15, 5:37 pm, speaks with

James McCallum, (paraphrased not complete) 'who is going up and down Rt 35, focused on homeless people and others who may have caught a glimpse of her. The car stolen from a parking garage in Pier Village, subsequently sold to another person. Her aunt lives down there but had no contact with Meg.'

Search area.jpgParking A.jpgParking B.jpgParking C.jpg

I may have missed something, Lord knows it wouldn't be the first time...cough..., but has it been said what this history of mental illness is of hers is, and if so, has it played a role in this disappearance?

Thank you, los2188. It's mentioned she is bi-polar and was off her medication, so she may have been in not such a great place when she disappeared, perhaps more impulsive than usual, not sure, but she had moved to her grandmother's due to tension at home with her mom. That being said she had more recently, since moving to her grandmother's, visited her home and family with nothing standing out and everybody getting along, IIRC. She liked hiking north of where she lived which is where they had been looking for her.

This FB post goes into her mental distress at the time

Thank you, los2188. It's mentioned she is bi-polar and was off her medication, so she may have been in not such a great place when she disappeared, perhaps more impulsive than usual, not sure, but she had moved to her grandmother's due to tension at home with her mom. That being said she had more recently, since moving to her grandmother's, visited her home and family with nothing standing out and everybody getting along, IIRC. She liked hiking north of where she lived which is where they had been looking for her.

This FB post goes into her mental distress at the time

Thanks for the update!!...... By the way, call me Los! :) :cheers:

Thanks for the update!!...... By the way, call me Los! :) :cheers:

Good to be able to.

Missing Oakland woman's car found in Long Branch, family says
By Rodrigo Torrejon, Staff Writer, Franklin Lakes - Oakland Suburban News

[Her car...]

was left in the garage unattended for weeks and had an accumulation of summonses. The car was believed to be stolen and identified through a license plate search on April 11 at a residential apartment complex.

bbm

Did I miss info on where this residential complex is located? If somebody stole her car and left it somewhere, they may have had the keys?

I'm wondering if the writer meant the residential apartment complex that is within Pier Village. There are a number of apartments in Pier Village and it is an apartment complex. I'm wondering if the parking garage is where many residents park as well as visitors.

I also find it somewhat troubling that they let the car accumulate a bunch of tickets just sitting in the garage, they thought it was stolen and they waited until April 11 to actually run the plates and find out who it belonged to.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sergeantconker
Back