NJ NJ - Montague, Wht/Hisp/BlkFem 13-20, UP1772, rainbow jeans, poss stocky build, good teeth, Jun'80

Here's the Namus link for this case: https://identifyus.org/en/cases/1772
Doe Network Link: http://doenetwork.org/cases/252ufnj.html
No ruleouts listed.

I'm adding the info from NamUs. It differs slightly from Doe.

Case Information
Case number: A-80-59
Date found: June 24, 1980
Date last modified: November 23, 2011

Demographics
Estimated age: Adult - Pre 20
Minimum age: 15 years
Maximum age: 20 years
Race: Other
Sex: Female
Weight (pounds) , Cannot Estimate
Height (inches) 61, Estimated

Probable year of death: 0 to 1980
Estimated postmortem interval: Years
State New Jersey
County Sussex

Circumstances of death
Remains are those of a Caucasian with Negroid admixture, possibly of Hispanic background. Subject has straight dark brown hair measuring 6 inches in length with bleaching to a blond color.

Physical
Hair color: Brown
Dark brown straight hair with some parts a light sandy color verging on blond
Clothing with body
Blue jeans- 34-35 waist, 29-30 inseam

Dentals
All natural teeth - All four third molars (wisdom teeth) are still in the developing phase with incomplete root formation.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/lambert_lisa.html

Lisa Monique Lambert
lambert_lisa.jpg
252UFNJ.jpg

Missing Since: October 17, 1979 from Baltimore, Maryland
Classification: Endangered Missing
DOB: December 2, 1964
Height and Weight: 5'9, 145 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Biracial (African-American/Caucasian) female. Brown hair, brown eyes.

Details of Disappearance
Lambert was last seen by her parents on October 17, 1979, as she departed their residence in the 1900 block of East 19th Street in Baltimore, MD. She told them she was going to a dance class at a local church. Lambert never returned home. She was sighted by her brother several days later, entering a Mark 7 Lincoln automobile. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in Lambert's case; the circumstances surrounding her disappearance are unclear.

Height is obviously an issue here, but that's all I see.

I just can't get over the height difference....5'1 and 5'9 is a lot. Unless there is a typo somewhere...

Are there any pics of the jeans?

I've often wondered about her.

The jeans I linked above are new "vintage inspired". I'm pretty sure the originals (70s) were made by Lee. They might have been part of the " Ms Lee" line as they have rainbow stitched vests in that line. The Ms Lee line was started in 1973. Still trying to find out what year the rainbow jeans came out.

Last week, Crime Watch Daily ran a show on the Tammy Jo Alexander / Cali Doe case and my role in it. At the end of the show, they featured five long-term UID cases involving young John and Jane Doe's, with a request to submit a tip if they had any information on any of these five persons.

One of the UID's featured was Buckskin Girl, and it elicited a tip from a woman from New Jersey who thought her sister might be BG. It was pretty clear based on the information provided that her sister was not BG, but I had never heard of her sister. Her sister is not listed in any of the public databases.

I will not mention her sister's name here, as I don't know if she has ever reported missing, so I will refer to her by her initials SAM.

SAM is from Passaic New Jersey, and was 14 years old when she was last seen by her sister. She is of Puerto Rican descent. Based on her DOB (mid-1964), and her age when LKA (14), I concluded that she was last seen sometime between mid 1978 and mid 1979.

SAM's sister gave a very disturbing story about the circumstances of SAM's disappearance. She says that SAM was dating a small-time drug dealer. One day, they were at SAM and her sister's home and were packaging up "nickel bags" of drugs to be sold. SAM's mother came home, found them packaging up the drugs, and threw the drugs out the window. The boyfriend responded by stabbing SAM several times, nearly fatally. SAM was taken to the hospital and survived the attack. However, when SAM was released from the hospital, she left with the same boyfriend, and was never seen again. SAM's sister says that they might have gone to Texas, but she is not sure.

In looking at a photo of SAM with her sister (in which SAM appears to be about 11 or 12 years old), she bears a very strong facial resemblance to High Point Park Jane Doe. When I overlaid her photo with the drawing of HPPJD, the alignment was nearly flawless. SAM also appeared to have a very slight gap between her two front teeth (as is depicted in the HPPJD recon drawing). If SAM died shortly after she was LKA by her family, then the PM interval at the time of HPPJD's discovery would have been about 1-2 years. The listed PM interval for HPPJD was about 5 years.

The only apparent discrepancy is height. SAM's sister says she was fairly tall, although she did not provide an exact height.

HPPJD is listed as 5 feet even to 5 feet 1 based on the measurement of the long bones found. HPPJD's torso was never found, so the height is only an estimate. SAM's sister is four years younger than SAM, so she was only about 10 years old when she last saw SAM. I am guessing that her reccollection of SAM's height might be relative to her memory as a 10 year old.

But given the obvious depravity displayed by the boyfriend, and the fact that HPJD had been dismembered, I think she should be compared.

Next week I will see what I can do to (1) find out if there is a MP report on file for SAM, (2) get SAM listed in NamUs, and (3) ask that SAM be compared to HPPJD.

Nice. I always wondered about this JD.

HP is a straight run up rt 23 from Passaic too.

Last week, Crime Watch Daily ran a show on the Tammy Jo Alexander / Cali Doe case and my role in it. At the end of the show, they featured five long-term UID cases involving young John and Jane Doe's, with a request to submit a tip if they had any information on any of these five persons.

One of the UID's featured was Buckskin Girl, and it elicited a tip from a woman from New Jersey who thought her sister might be BG. It was pretty clear based on the information provided that her sister was not BG, but I had never heard of her sister. Her sister is not listed in any of the public databases.

I will not mention her sister's name here, as I don't know if she has ever reported missing, so I will refer to her by her initials SAM.

SAM is from Passaic New Jersey, and was 14 years old when she was last seen by her sister. She is of Puerto Rican descent. Based on her DOB (mid-1964), and her age when LKA (14), I concluded that she was last seen sometime between mid 1978 and mid 1979.

SAM's sister gave a very disturbing story about the circumstances of SAM's disappearance. She says that SAM was dating a small-time drug dealer. One day, they were at SAM and her sister's home and were packaging up "nickel bags" of drugs to be sold. SAM's mother came home, found them packaging up the drugs, and threw the drugs out the window. The boyfriend responded by stabbing SAM several times, nearly fatally. SAM was taken to the hospital and survived the attack. However, when SAM was released from the hospital, she left with the same boyfriend, and was never seen again. SAM's sister says that they might have gone to Texas, but she is not sure.

In looking at a photo of SAM with her sister (in which SAM appears to be about 11 or 12 years old), she bears a very strong facial resemblance to High Point Park Jane Doe. When I overlaid her photo with the drawing of HPPJD, the alignment was nearly flawless. SAM also appeared to have a very slight gap between her two front teeth (as is depicted in the HPPJD recon drawing). If SAM died shortly after she was LKA by her family, then the PM interval at the time of HPPJD's discovery would have been about 1-2 years. The listed PM interval for HPPJD was about 5 years.

The only apparent discrepancy is height. SAM's sister says she was fairly tall, although she did not provide an exact height.

HPPJD is listed as 5 feet even to 5 feet 1 based on the measurement of the long bones found. HPPJD's torso was never found, so the height is only an estimate. SAM's sister is four years younger than SAM, so she was only about 10 years old when she last saw SAM. I am guessing that her reccollection of SAM's height might be relative to her memory as a 10 year old.

But given the obvious depravity displayed by the boyfriend, and the fact that HPJD had been dismembered, I think she should be compared.

Next week I will see what I can do to (1) find out if there is a MP report on file for SAM, (2) get SAM listed in NamUs, and (3) ask that SAM be compared to HPPJD.

This sounds very promising! About the height thing, though, the measurements could be off. Lots of 10 year olds are 5 feet even--I was 5'1 when I was 10. But it is true that she could have been shorter than her, and kind of idolized her. I keep thinking about Marilee Bruzser's post mortem interval being way off.

Like you posted, it should be easy to detect if the bones are pink or white, but if those coroners got it wrong, than maybe other coroners could get it wrong too. Though that could be a stretch.

The dismemberment is what caught my eye: he was/is clearly a very violent person full of rage.

I just got word that a MP report is now on file with the Passaic NJ Police Dept. So since she is now officially listed as a missing person, her name can be discussed here.

Her name is Shirley Ann Maya - DOB 01-Jul-1964

This is a photo of Shirley, taken when she was about 11 years old.

da8be603-7080-4bbd-947c-840767bb4a8c.jpg

As you can see from this illustration, her facial structure aligns perfectly to the reconstruction based on HPJD's skull.

High%20Point%20Park%20JD%20and%20Shirley%20Maya%20%20001.gif

WOW is all I can say! It'd be shocking if it was not her.

I'm so glad Crime Watch Daily could reach families of the missing--maybe it will lead them to answers.

another thing to consider about the height. the torso was missing. I am a woman who is cursed w a long torso and short limbs. no deformity just the way I am built. I am 5"8 and a 5"2 friend of mine with long legs her hip is almost to mine.

Nice work, CarlK. I'm from northwest NJ and this is one of those UID's that I've been checking on over the years. I certainly hope this is the answer.

To add something else on the height, from my personal observation. I was a teen in the 1970's and the area I grew up in had a fairly large population of people of Puerto Rican decent. In general, they just tended to be shorter than those of us of European decent. Shirley's family might have been on the short side and she might have been a taller than most of them, so her sister thinks of her as "tall". As you mentioned, her idea of tall was from a 10 year old's perspective.

She sure looks like a good possibility. I hope for her sister's sake it's not her and she's alive and well somewhere, but it doesn't sound good.

I received a couple more photos of Shirley Ann Maya from her sister.

b508e502-d3a6-4cdd-834d-13ddfc8e2b0a.jpg
0f7919cc-2b1f-487e-87a1-b898a8d5ca1d.jpg

I'm working on getting her listed in NamUs and Charley.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aggie_C
Back