Found Deceased NJ - Rachel Oakes, 19, Old Bridge, 10 Jan 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
ADMIN NOTE: Do NOT sleuth family members or friends of the missing young lady. DO NOT post or discuss rumors from social media, that includes alleged inside info obtained from friends or family via social media. Stick to the facts as relayed by Main Stream Media or Law Enforcement.

If you feel a post is out of line please use the alert feature (red triangle on the bottom left of each post) to call the attention of moderators to the issue. DO NOT respond to or quote posts that you feel are outside of the rules.

DO NOT tell others how or what to post.

No problem! Sorry if I at all stepped over a line. That's why I didn't post it. :)

I am sincerely sorry cmkzee. I do hope she is found safe and sound. I have been sharing her picture since my cousin brought up the fact that she is missing on Tuesday night. I am sure that her fliers are being disseminated far and wide.

cmkzee, I hope and pray that your niece is found safe and sound. Your family is in my prayers.

I am Rachel's aunt, please know what you are taking about before you post. The bruise you refer to is a tattoo. While all help to find Rachel is appreciated there is a lot of incorrect information out there. If what you are posting is not a verified fact instead of an incorrect opinion please do not post it. We all want Rachel to be safe and come home. But please lets stick to the facts without the innuendo. Thank you

Keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers. Hope she is returned home safe and sound

I'm in Atlantic county but if you'd like to post about any volunteers needed for searches, I'm sure many people would be glad to help.

Why are so many people so quick to assume suicide? One of the similarities of this case to the Sarah Stern case is the fact that it seems most people believe she committed suicide. I understand that suicide is more common than abduction, and Rachel suffered from depression, but it's not impossible. Not to mention the fact that both women are the same age, and both disappeared in similar circumstances, in fairly close proximity to one another one month apart. It seems like a pretty weird coincidence. I hope LE is acknowledging the possible connection.
The one thing that bothers me is that both disappeared on fairly busy bridges (esp. Rachel). Whether suicide or abduction, why didn't anyone see anything?

I also find it very odd that Rachel and Sarah are both young beautiful girls, both have cars left on bridges, live in a pretty close proximity.
I just don't believe both girls committed suicide. I won't believe that until there's real evidence that supports it.
Until then, I'm going to believe that foul play could be involved.

Has there been any searches scheduled for Rachel?

Because NJ is slow in getting cases up on their site. Rachel is also not in Namus yet.

There are other young women who have gone missing in NJ. That doesn't mean all of the cases are connected.

Of course not all of the cases are connected,I don't think anyone ever said that here. I think people have noted the similarities between Rachel's case and Sarah's case but with so very little information, it's impossible to claim they are connected right now.
As far as NJ being slow, a family member can call njsp and ask for their case to be added to the website if they'd like. ( I've lived here my entire life)

First, I would like to express how sorry I am, cmzee and the rest of your family and her friends for having to go through this very difficult time. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

One thing that keeps sticking out to me as I have been following both Rachel's and Sarah Stern's disappearances is the wording used in the news links cited. While it has been repeatedly stated that Sarah's car was found "on" the Belmar bridge, it has been repeatedly stated that Rachel's car was found either "near" or "by" the Driscoll bridge.

Perhaps, I'm looking too much into this but it has made me very curious. Being from the area, the Driscoll bridge is a busier bridge, especially at the time the cars were found. Not being found "on" the bridge increases the likelihood of a possible abduction, especially considering the seedy areas near the bridge.

I would also like to know if the car was operable or if there was any damage.

Just my $0.02...

Another thing that bothers me is the fact that if both jumped, wouldn't they have found any evidence supporting that? Of course, bodies can become stuck, dragged out to sea, or other possibilities that would keep a body from surfacing, but according the very little information we have, nothing has been found to indicate these women jumped. I don't know what its like in that area, but where I live, the water level drops considerably in the winter (natural causes and TVA), so a body in water would be found almost immediately in my area. What are the chances that two bodies are never recovered from a similar area? If anyone knows the area better than I do, please let me know if this would be possible.
Obviously, not all cases are connected, but it's still a pretty strange coincidence. For arguments' sake, lets say both women were abducted. Even if they weren't abducted by the same perp, they were abducted in a similar fashion, which is frightening enough. How many people have to disappear in this manner before we at least look into the possibility? Whatever happened to both Sarah and Rachel, it's still tragic, and I hope both women are found safe.

I am local to this area and I have not heard a word about this on social media or the local news. It's like everyone stopped talking about it. It is VERY similar to the girl in Toms River that went missing a month ago. Never heard a thing, no updates, nothing. They are not reporting that her car was on the bridge. It was near the bridge in South Amboy. I am hoping no link to LISK

I am local to this area and I have not heard a word about this on social media or the local news. It's like everyone stopped talking about it. It is VERY similar to the girl in Toms River that went missing a month ago. Never heard a thing, no updates, nothing. They are not reporting that her car was on the bridge. It was near the bridge in South Amboy. I am hoping no link to LISK

The other girl was from Neptune City, not Toms River.

Similarities to Rachel and Sarah:
both are 19
Rachel's car was found "near" the Driscoll Bridge that spans over the Raritan River
Sarah's car was found at the "crest" of the Route 35 Belmar Bridge which spans over the Shark River

LE tend to go very quiet when they think it was a suicide. And they don't tend to release a lot of details, because they don't want to be responsible for copycat suicides.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copycat_suicide

But her car was not on the bridge. It was near the bridge.

And if she was parked near the bridge, it would take her at least 10 or 15 minutes to walk up to the crest of the bridge. That bridge has traffic at all hours and someone would notice someone walking on the Driscoll bridge (which is not allowed).

I agree with the comment above that stated that when LE thinks it's suicide, sometimes everything goes quiet. Sometimes during their investigation they find evidence that supports the theory that the missing person has taken their own life so they then back off from the media and such. Families missing Facebook pages will sometimes just stop posting and so on.
While I don't believe either of the cases we're discussing are suicide, I just wanted to add in that the above poster who mentioned this is correct.
Because we have so little to go here, I can't say if either Rachel or Sarah may have committed suicide. Until there's more evidence that supports it, I'll continue to believe both are missing persons.

Monmouth County Police Association issued a statement regarding putting on hazzards to acknowledge you see officer and calling 911 and confirming it is an officer. No mention of the two cases but interesting timing.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

according to the facebook posts from her boyfriend, she was going to commit suicide

according to the facebook posts from her boyfriend, she was going to commit suicide

Is there any link or confirmation of these posts? I have read no such reports.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back