Deceased/Not Found NJ - Sarah Stern, 19, Neptune City, 2 Dec 2016 *Arrests* #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, it was a neighbor or neighbor's camera that was to have seen SS around 11:45 that night. I'm now thinking it was either one of the guys in a hoodie getting into her grandmother's car or the time was off. IMO, with no one having contact since earlier that afternoon, something would've already happened to her. When her vehicle was found and LE did a well check at the home, no one was there. It was reported that SS returned home from FL before her father. But I don't recall any mention of whether the grandmother was also still in FL or somewhere else (only that the house was unlocked and no one was there).

Very early on, wasn't it said that she was last seen by her grandmother, whose car she borrowed at 11:45 pm? Was her grandmother in the home at the time? Or was that bad reporting?

ETA:

http://www.nj.com/monmouth/index.ssf...river_home_pop
Sarah Stern left her family's home at 11:45 p.m. Friday driving her grandmother's 1994 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royal, said her father Michael Stern. The car was found parked on the Route 35 Bridge around 2:45 a.m. Saturday

FREEHOLD - Preston Taylor, one of two men charged in the killing of Sarah Stern, is scheduled for a detention hearing this morning to determine whether he will remain locked up as his case moves forward.

Since the state reformed its bail system, cash bails have become almost entirely a thing of the past. Judges determine whether defendants pose risks of flight or new criminal activity at pretrial detention

http://www.app.com/story/news/crime...07/preston-taylor-detention-hearing/97587946/

I agree, if we're left to rely on what these 2 perps have said, there's no telling where SS could be. IMO, the large withdrawal (obviously made by SS) is really the only thing that raises any flags towards a voluntary departure and her still being alive somewhere. Unfortunately, I just don't think it's a possibility. These 2 would be singing like birds if they knew she was alive and I just can't see her putting her family (especially her father) through 2 months of not knowing and fearing the worst. Curious as to what scenario you think would allow for her to be found safe.

I haven't seen a case map anywhere. But this article says that Sandy Hook is 20 miles from where SS's vehicle was found on the bridge. There's no telling when (or why) they buried the safe there, but the distance leads me to think SS could be anywhere :( JMO

http://newjersey.news12.com/news/se...-continues-as-new-evidence-emerges-1.13066925

whoa. anyone think for one second that SS is not dead after all? I just don't know what to think anymore with the additional details coming out.

Taylor's friend and roommate, Liam McAtasney, is accused of strangling Stern and then recruiting Taylor to go to the house and hide her body before the pair went back to her home. Assistant Monmouth County Prosecutor Meghan Doyle said Tuesday that eight hours after the killing, they put her body in the front seat of her car before McAtasney drove the vehicle to the Route 35 bridge in Belmar about a mile away. Taylor followed in another car and helped McAtasney dump her body over the side of the bridge and into the Shark River, Doyle said.

http://www.nj.com/monmouth/index.ssf/2017/02/preston_taylor_appears_in_court.html

There's pay wall on that site for me. What else does it say?

Pretty much that he knew that LM planned the robbery and killing for six months and helped LM with removal of her remains and disposal.

Taylor's friend and roommate, Liam McAtasney, is accused of strangling Stern and then recruiting Taylor to go to the house and hide her body before the pair went back to her home. Assistant Monmouth County Prosecutor Meghan Doyle said Tuesday that eight hours after the killing, they put her body in the front seat of her car before McAtasney drove the vehicle to the Route 35 bridge in Belmar about a mile away. Taylor followed in another car and helped McAtasney dump her body over the side of the bridge and into the Shark River, Doyle said.

http://www.nj.com/monmouth/index.ssf/2017/02/preston_taylor_appears_in_court.html

I didn't realize they were roommates.

The only new info is the monster knew about it for six months.

Now I'm wondering if he forced her to withdraw money somehow. This is nuts.

So sad, her poor father.

So she was killed earlier in the day and they returned. I wonder what else in on the neighbors cam. This just keeps getting worse.
It was premeditated.

So sad, her poor father.

So she was killed earlier in the day and they returned. I wonder what else in on the neighbors cam. This just keeps getting worse.
It was premeditated.

Agree and the articles of her clothing found in the safe is disturbing as well. They are monsters.

The recent articles don't reflect what the degree of the murder charge, but it should definitely be upgraded to 1st degree by the time LM makes his next court appearance. Definitely premeditated. JMO

So sad, her poor father.

It was premeditated.

[FONT=Benton Sans, Arial, sans-serif]This is perplexing and I probably shouldn't try to make sense of it. But why would they have her clothes? Why wouldn't they have left them on her? Or burned the clothes if they were concerned about DNA? The more details that emerge, the more I question whether she was put in the river or somewhere else. JMO[/FONT]

[FONT=Benton Sans, Arial, sans-serif]One of the safes contained thousands of dollars in cash and the other contained articles of Stern's clothing, Bauman said Tuesday.[/FONT]

Agree and the articles of her clothing found in the safe is disturbing as well. They are monsters.

Sarah Stern's body hidden in bushes for hours before thrown in river, prosecutor says

Doyle said McAtasney planned the attack on Stern for at least six months. She said Taylor was in on the plot because McAtasney, in a phone call to Taylor the night of the killing, told his roommate

"I'm at the bank. I'm going to do it now. I'm going to take her out," Doyle said McAtasney told Taylor.

He called back later saying, "Dude, I did it," Doyle said.

In that conversation, McAtasney asked Taylor to go to Stern's house and hide her body as well as look for his cell phone that he left there, Doyle said.

Complying with his friend's request, Taylor went to Stern's house, found her body and hid it in bushes in the backyard, where it remained for eight hours, Doyle said. Taylor left without finding McAtasney's phone, she said.

OMG!!!

That led to a second trip back to Stern's house for Taylor, this time with McAtasney, Doyle said. This was to take the money and Stern's body, she said. Taylor's job was to be the lookout "and make sure everything was good," she said.

She said they threw her body over a fence before putting it in the front seat of her car. Taylor, driving his car, agreed to meet McAtasney at the bridge, where he helped McAtasney throw her body over the side, Doyle said.

OMG!!!

So, did LM follow SS to the bank and was he somehow involved in getting her to make such a large withdrawal (possibly a loan)? Could they have driven there together and he have waited while she went in? BBM

Doyle said McAtasney planned the attack on Stern for at least six months. She said Taylor was in on the plot because McAtasney, in a phone call to Taylor the night of the killing, told his roommate
"I'm at the bank. I'm going to do it now. I'm going to take her out," Doyle said McAtasney told Taylor.
He called back later saying, "Dude, I did it," Doyle said.
In that conversation, McAtasney asked Taylor to go to Stern's house and hide her body as well as look for his cell phone that he left there, Doyle said.
Complying with his friend's request, Taylor went to Stern's house, found her body and hid it in bushes in the backyard, where it remained for eight hours, Doyle said. Taylor left without finding McAtasney's phone, she said.
Calling McAtasney at work, Taylor reported that he moved her body but couldn't find McAtasney's phone, Doyle said.
That led to a second trip back to Stern's house for Taylor, this time with McAtasney, Doyle said. This was to take the money and Stern's body, she said. Taylor's job was to be the lookout "and make sure everything was good," she said.

The charges should be premeditated murder---and BOTH of these heartless monsters should be charged. :jail: :jail:

Was she killed at the bank? Ugh, sorry, the new details coming out are just all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member