Deceased/Not Found NJ - Sarah Stern, 19, Neptune City, 2 Dec 2016 *Arrests* #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE was more than likely on to LM fairly early in this investigation.
6 months of planning and making sure they were not seen getting rid of her body, and then dropping/losing his cellphone in her driveway. If it wasn't so horribly sad and evil, it would be comical. He then waits awhile and decides to report it missing/stolen.
I'll bet LE found a lot of info in deleted texts.

RIP ~ Sarah Lee Stern :candle:

I don't think so. I think the guys might have been. The scattered, frenetic way they carried out this plot---the way they planned and fantasized about it---the sloppy way they executed it. The risky stupid things they did. And the greedy motive itself---all of it smells like meth induced behavior.

If they were that addicted that money would have been gone in heartbeat. It's been 2 months. I just don't think so. But I honestly don't get why they stole it to stash it for so long...and why bother with the one with her clothes...WTH would that be about?

How did they know she had that money? And did she have it for 6 months? It seems like if you plan this for half a year it can't be for the money because how could they have known she would still have it etc? I just don't get this

Perhaps they buried the safes and haven't spent the money because they hadn't figured out how to open them yet? Could "clothing" be something more like jewellery?

How did they know she had that money? And did she have it for 6 months? It seems like if you plan this for half a year it can't be for the money because how could they have known she would still have it etc? I just don't get this

Just guessing, but she may have told them she had an inheritance coming. If it was an older relative in very poor health, she may have known it was coming soon. Sadly, she may have said she was going to inherit some money, and the greedy idiots began planning their evil deeds.

I hold Taylor totally accountable. Who gets a text saying ' DUDE, go move the body and find my phone' and then runs to do such an abhorrent thing?

Taylor has one prior marijuana charge. He has the right to appeal the detention hearing.

Prosecutors said the suspects were arrested after a witness came forward with information.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/02/07/stern-suspect-in-court/

The father took surprising actions after his son was questioned by police.

“We took everything back to our residence, we washed and folded everything, and put his room back together way it was,” Jeremiah Taylor said.

Therein lies the court’s concern and decision to detain.

“Removing everything, washing everything, it’s just a very interesting choice of words,” the judge said.

wow. AFTER his son was questioned he went in and washed his clothing? I am surprised he wasn't arrested....

So no remorse for what he did to Sarah...just worrying about himself. Got it.

No kidding.

How is it not 'going to come back to you', if you hide an innocent girls body and then dump her off a bridge and steal her safe?

“We took everything back to our residence, we washed and folded everything, and put his room back together way it was,” Jeremiah Taylor said.

“Removing everything, washing everything, it’s just a very interesting choice of words,” the judge said.

wow. AFTER his son was questioned he went in and washed his clothing? I am surprised he wasn't arrested....

He still might be...obstructing justice. It's also the reason for no bail. His parents are like affluenza mom...will take him out of the country to save him from jail

Sounds like it to me. This is so much worse than I imagined. I thought maybe Liam had called Preston and asked him to come to Sarah's house, that she was really sick and he was taking care of her...or some other lie....and Preston was innocent and went there having no idea what had occurred earlier. And maybe assisted while sort of in shock. This throws ALL of of that out of the window. Their heartlessness is incomprehensible. I have a lot of questions about this one.
So, did LM follow SS to the bank and was he somehow involved in getting her to make such a large withdrawal (possibly a loan)? Could they have driven there together and he have waited while she went in? BBM

http://www.nj.com/monmouth/index.ssf/2017/02/preston_taylor_appears_in_court.html

Could the clothes in the box and the cash have been to make it look like she left with cash and clothes (like a runaway) JMO

Well, this certainly escalated quickly today. There's doubt about this case now. These kids are just straight up psychopaths, and they both should be locked up for good.

Hi everyone. First time poster here. I heard about websluths from a true crime podcast I listen to from time to time. I'm local to the area where Sarah lives / went missing and have been following this story closely. I put two and two together and thought I'd get some really great perspectives from the community and that has truly been the case. I just went on my local news paper and see here that the parents were allowed per LE to remove Prestons belongings from the apartment he shared with LA. They also have some video coverage of today's courtroom on the page so I thought I'd share with everyone . http://www.app.com/story/news/crime...07/preston-taylor-detention-hearing/97587946/

Just seeing this for the first time. Unbelievably creepy to watch the complete confidence and lack of conscience.
WOW! Great find Gardenista. That seems to be the unedited version of the news 12 report from the first large search at the beginning. I never saw those interviews included and it's on my local news. Maybe they held it back at first? It does seem to be both of them on there. This is honestly the most morbid and disturbing thing I have ever seen. There has be some kind of sociopathic element to these men, this search took place about a week after she went missing and the act they put on is as brazen and egotistical as throwing Sarah over the bridge in plain sight.

I agree, it's so creepy. However, Liam is a twin so I don't know if we have confirmation that is Liam or his twin brother. Regardless, Preston said has confirmed that they did participate in search efforts in an attempt to throw off suspicion.

Hi everyone. First time poster here. I heard about websluths from a true crime podcast I listen to from time to time. I'm local to the area where Sarah lives / went missing and have been following this story closely. I put two and two together and thought I'd get some really great perspectives from the community and that has truly been the case. I just went on my local news paper and see here that the parents were allowed per LE to remove Prestons belongings from the apartment he shared with LA. They also have some video coverage of today's courtroom on the page so I thought I'd share with everyone . http://www.app.com/story/news/crime...07/preston-taylor-detention-hearing/97587946/

Welcome & thank you! Also, being formerly from GSP Exit 63, I totally get your name!

Thought I'd share a couple of pics I took when in Belmar this morning. These demonstrate how public the crest of the bridge is on Rt 35. I'm still having a hard time believing Liam drove with her dead body next to him in the front seat, leaving DNA evidence in that car....and got rid of her body there. I think one of them drove her empty car there and left it and they had already done something else with her body. I think someone living in the condos, even in December, with their windows closed, would have heard something at that time of night. Someone could have been walking a dog, walking home from work, etc. And the evidence that would have been left in that Oldsmobile by him and by her would have incriminated them far earlier, I would think, if this went down as they are saying it did. So premeditated, all of it, I think.
attachment.php
attachment.php
I live 4 towns South of Belmar...about 12 minutes away. This afternoon my 27 y o son and I drove over the Rt 35 Bridge; we just can't quite believe that she really was thrown over that bridge. This is an area where after midnight there would be a GREAT likelihood of police patrolling or someone seeing something. A lot of people are out late; there are condos on the marina side of the bridge that look right over to the bridge; there is another bridge parallel to the 35 Bridge, not far away at all; there are restaurants and bars within a block of the bottom of the bridge; the NJ transit train line runs parallel to the bridge. In other words, you couldn't pick a more visible spot if you tried. It is outrageous that no cameras were working on the bridge, but there are lots of lights. After driving over the bridge, I really think another injustice has been done to Sarah and her Dad; I think these boys are lying about where they left her. They may have discarded the car there....which would be far easier to do than lifting a body out and throwing it over the side of the bridge. It would still be risky to drop the car, with the lights and the possibility of a cop rolling up or the cameras catching something....but they could have done that quickly. You'd have to know this area. I just don't see two boys doing this no matter what time of night. Not there. They wanted to throw things off by putting suicide in the minds of law enforcement. And I am sure they were eager to dispose of DNA evidence. But it would be easier to put her body in water elsewhere than it would be to do it there.

Attachments

• IMG_9934.jpeg
    IMG_9934.jpeg
    92.8 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_9942.jpeg
    IMG_9942.jpeg
    56.5 KB · Views: 276
His twin seemed very different when I looked at his FB page (now gone). And interestingly, he posted the night they were arrested that "Liam has nothing to do with this band" (I am paraphrasing), about a picture on his wall. They look very different, not physically, but their demeanors. I definitely think that is Liam in the video.
I agree, it's so creepy. However, Liam is a twin so I don't know if we have confirmation that is Liam or his twin brother. Regardless, Preston said has confirmed that they did participate in search efforts in an attempt to throw off suspicion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member