Deceased/Not Found NJ - Sarah Stern, 19, Neptune City, 2 Dec 2016 *Arrests* #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
His twin seemed very different when I looked at his FB page (now gone). And interestingly, he posted the night they were arrested that "Liam has nothing to do with this band" (I am paraphrasing), about a picture on his wall. They look very different, not physically, but their demeanors. I definitely think that is Liam in the video.

Oh ok, I hadn't had a chance to see the brother's SM before it went private. Just assumed they were twins and had a close resemblance. I did hear there was a disturbing YouTube music video that Liam's brother was promoting. Is that the "band" you are referring to that Liam had nothing to do with?

This case reminds me of the horrible Cheshire CT case, with the home invasion where 2 perps held a mother and two daughters and father (a physician) hostage and then raped the women and set the house on fire. Only the father escaped. While they were being held hostage, one of the perps forced the mother to drive to her local bank and make a large withdrawal. The bank gave her the money, but an astute employee did call the police, concerned that the mother was under some type of duress. The police went to the house but it was too late.
It seems like Liam maybe took Sarah to a bank against her will, knowing that she had some money, perhaps due to an inheritance from her mother or some royalties for her work (she was an active artist and doing freelance work, I believe, in the cartoon genre) or gifts from grandparents or savings from a job. Who knows? Once she had the money, then he put his plan in to action so that he could get it. That could explain her father knowing nothing about this transaction. It will be interesting to see what they have learned from the bank where the withdrawal was made. Thinking out loud. It just gets more troubling each day.

Sounds like 'meth' behavior, to me.

It’s easy to blame psychopathic behavior on drugs and a lot of people have suggested this. But as someone who was abused by a meth user for years/was around meth users as a child and teenager, this doesn’t sound like meth at all. This sounds like cold-blooded psychopathy. He planned her murder for 6 months. Meth users are all about short-term, what can they get right now, etc, and unless they are already violent people, meth does not make you violent. His fixation on her, his planning, indicates that this likely has nothing to do with drugs and all to do with him being psychopathic. I hate to say it but I think he had a fixation on Sara. And as someone else suggested, sexual assault may have been involved. The amount of planning that went into this shows that he did this not just for her money but because it was Sara. Prayers for the father. I can’t imagine how this must feel.

Yes, the band had a very weird name and it looked like a picture of Liam or him was placed on the promotion for the band. So maybe it was a pic of Liam and he was trying to say that the band and Liam were not connected in any way, to protect the band? I have no idea. But yes, I saw that.

Things still aren't adding up. LM kills her. LM knows someone else knows, and that person went to the police. Yet LM tells the witness TP is going to be mad??? The only person I could see that being is his twin. Anyone else that a killer knew went to the police, the killer would likely be trying to kill next.

Also at that point why didn't LM try to skip town? He knew someone went to the police telling them that he killed SS. You would think that would be the next logical step. Either he was too cocky that he still would get away with it, too screwed up on drugs, or there is more to the story.

Also the hiding of the body and going back to retrieve it and the timeline. If the neighbor's camera picked up SS leaving 3 hrs before her car was found how is it possible she was dead for 8 hrs hidden under a Bush? Once the car was found I am sure the police went to the house. Did they just happen to miss a body in the backyard and then the two with police presence around managed to go back and retrieve the body? Maybe that whole story is a lie?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

It’s easy to blame psychopathic behavior on drugs and a lot of people have suggested this. But as someone who was abused by a meth user for years/was around meth users as a child and teenager, this doesn’t sound like meth at all. This sounds like cold-blooded psychopathy. He planned her murder for 6 months. Meth users are all about short-term, what can they get right now, etc, and unless they are already violent people, meth does not make you violent. His fixation on her, his planning, indicates that this likely has nothing to do with drugs and all to do with him being psychopathic. I hate to say it but I think he had a fixation on Sara. And as someone else suggested, sexual assault may have been involved. The amount of planning that went into this shows that he did this not just for her money but because it was Sara. Prayers for the father. I can’t imagine how this must feel.

I tend to agree with you, I don't think it was a drug thing and definitely not meth.

I agree with you about the psychopathy. He had to be pretty clear-headed to do all that he did. Knowing now that it was so premeditated, it doesn't seem drug-driven...at least not in the moment.
I'm not sure about his feelings toward Sarah. I have some concerns that he was very angry with her because she was who she was and had no interest in him romantically. But I do think the money drove a lot of this. A crime of opportunity. Somehow he thought he could have his own stash of money to work off of without being too noticeable. Could have not had enough money for rent and all that he wanted. But quitting his job just a couple of days after she went missing?!?!?!? That is such classic behavior. Will be interesting to learn how much money was withdrawn and how much is missing.

I tend to agree with you, I don't think it was a drug thing and definitely not meth.
Agreed it is not Meth. Meth is almost non existent in Central NJ. Biker Crank amongst a certain crowd yes, but it's easy to see those two were not part of that crowd. They do look like Heroin users. Try to find the pupils in the mugshots. However burying the money and not blowing it all on dope doesn't follow a typical Heroin Junky's MO.

People keep mentioning sexual assault, but after looking at their FB pages, I felt like one or both of them are gay. Any locals know if they are gay or straight?

Things still aren't adding up. LM kills her. LM knows someone else knows, and that person went to the police. Yet LM tells the witness TP is going to be mad??? The only person I could see that being is his twin. Anyone else that a killer knew went to the police, the killer would likely be trying to kill next.

Also at that point why didn't LM try to skip town? He knew someone went to the police telling them that he killed SS. You would think that would be the next logical step. Either he was too cocky that he still would get away with it, too screwed up on drugs, or there is more to the story.

Also the hiding of the body and going back to retrieve it and the timeline. If the neighbor's camera picked up SS leaving 3 hrs before her car was found how is it possible she was dead for 8 hrs hidden under a Bush? Once the car was found I am sure the police went to the house. Did they just happen to miss a body in the backyard and then the two with police presence around managed to go back and retrieve the body? Maybe that whole story is a lie?

One twin telling on the other would be a crazy twist in this crazy, unbelievably sad case.

I had been following this case since she went missing locally, but this new information is just so heartbreaking. I feel so bad for the dad and I just don't understand the motive was just over money?

(snipped)

There are initials for the witness provided in one of the articles posted above by Gardenista. Your theory would certainly make sense, but the initials don't seem to be a match.

Prosecuting attorney Meghan Doyle says that if Taylor were to be released on bail, he would pose a threat to the prosecutor’s key witness, identified only as A.C.

http://newjersey.news12.com/news/pr...nd-kill-sarah-stern-for-six-months-1.13075644

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are initials for the witness provided in one of the articles posted above by Gardenista. Your theory would certainly make sense, but the initials don't seem to be a match.

http://newjersey.news12.com/news/pr...nd-kill-sarah-stern-for-six-months-1.13075644

Spell check reversed PT meant Preston Taylor not TP. Also A.C. is unlikely the witness actual name. That would make it a little too easy for the killers to identify who went to the police.

The father took surprising actions after his son was questioned by police.

“We took everything back to our residence, we washed and folded everything, and put his room back together way it was,” Jeremiah Taylor said.

Therein lies the court’s concern and decision to detain.

“Removing everything, washing everything, it’s just a very interesting choice of words,” the judge said.

wow. AFTER his son was questioned he went in and washed his clothing? I am surprised he wasn't arrested....

I read this as if he were bonded out his folks has his room ready back at their house. They would have to 'babysit' him until trial? This thread is moving so quickly now (which is great for justice for Sarah - I'm trying to keep up!).

Perhaps the clothes in the safe had evidence on them? Blood or vomit? But why wouldn't they just dispose of them.....

Spell check reversed PT meant Preston Taylor not TP. Also A.C. is unlikely the witness actual name. That would make it a little too easy for the killers to identify who went to the police.

Perhaps. But I can't see them using false initials when they could just stick with "a witness." Plus, now that the perps have been charged, the witness's identity will eventually need to be turned over to the defense.

Perhaps. But I can't see them using false initials when they could just stick with "a witness." Plus, now that the perps have been charged, the witness's identity will eventually need to be turned over to the defense.

I've seen it before where they have used fake initials. Why not just use the real full name? They won't need to turn over identity of witness til after indictment. So if they truly think the witness is unsafe from one of the perps they would be foolish to use the real initials.

I've seen it before where they have used fake initials. Why not just use the real full name? They won't need to turn over identity of witness til after indictment. So if they truly think the witness is unsafe from one of the perps they would be foolish to use the real initials.

That's entirely possible. However, my suspicion is both perps already know who informed LE. As a side note, I wonder whether the prosecution really believes that the witness is in significant danger or whether that was just the most promising strategy to keep PT locked up. My gut reaction is that LM is far more dangerous than PT, making me question the credibility of LM's warning to the witness. I suspect LM wasn't concerned about the witness's safety (whether or not PT was a real threat to the witness) and was instead being self-serving for one reason or another (depending on when his convo with the witness took place). If the convo happened early enough, LM could have been fearful of PT finding out that he had jeopardized everything by bragging to a witness, leading PT to turn on LM if he hadn't already.

People keep mentioning sexual assault, but after looking at their FB pages, I felt like one or both of them are gay. Any locals know if they are gay or straight?

There are rumors out there.

I just came from youtube. If you do a search using LM, then go down the rabbit hole, you can seen disturbing videos. There are many.
Some go back 4-5 years, some are current. Teenagers play acting like weird gangstas (for lack of a better word)

I found one channel with "crack" in the name. Is crack popular? I know that heroin is a big problem.

Sometimes they role play with guns, mostly teen boys acting dumb.
I saw a brief one from last year with SS and LM, and one with PT.

I couldn't watch them all, most are too weird and disturbing.

I wonder if all the weird role playing pushed LM over the edge. It's so sad.

I don't even think I want to look. Sounds horrible. The one with Sarah in it was recent?
There are rumors out there.

I just came from youtube. If you do a search using LM, then go down the rabbit hole, you can seen disturbing videos. There are many.
Some go back 4-5 years, some are current. Teenagers play acting like weird gangstas (for lack of a better word)

I found one channel with "crack" in the name. Is crack popular? I know that heroin is a big problem.

Sometimes they role play with guns, mostly teen boys acting dumb.
I saw a brief one from last year with SS and LM, and one with PT.

I couldn't watch them all, most are too weird and disturbing.

I wonder if all the weird role playing pushed LM over the edge. It's so sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member