Deceased/Not Found NJ - Sarah Stern, 19, Neptune City, 2 Dec 2016 *Arrests* #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE was more than likely on to LM fairly early in this investigation.
6 months of planning and making sure they were not seen getting rid of her body, and then dropping/losing his cellphone in her driveway. If it wasn't so horribly sad and evil, it would be comical. He then waits awhile and decides to report it missing/stolen.
I'll bet LE found a lot of info in deleted texts.

RIP ~ Sarah Lee Stern :candle:

Exactly. They had his phone, probably filled with tons of evidence.

So if it happened 8 hours earlier, it was daylight.
Where was her dog?
Was there any signs of struggle in the home?
If neighbors camera caught them leaving once, it must have also caught them coming and going 3 times.

Her poor father. He came home from FL after LE told him her car was found on the bridge, never suspecting that monster killed her in the home.
I wonder what evidence they found in the home.

Not only did Michael Stern's wife die on 2/4/13, after a long period suffering with cancer. His mother-in-law died on 1/27/17, the week before Sarah's murder was announced by the prosecutor....and her services were this past Friday and Saturday, 48 hours after he learned of Sarah's death. Unbelievable what this man is going through. Inexplicable.

Now I'm wondering if he forced her to withdraw money somehow. This is nuts.

So sad, her poor father.

So she was killed earlier in the day and they returned. I wonder what else in on the neighbors cam. This just keeps getting worse.
It was premeditated.

Does anybody know if cadaver dogs were used to search her home or car? If so, LE had to know from the beginning that Sarah was deceased. That is, if Sarah was killed in her home and put in her car.

Does anybody know if cadaver dogs were used to search her home or car? If so, LE had to know from the beginning that Sarah was deceased. That is, if Sarah was killed in her home and put in her car.

I've not heard it mentioned, and I can see why they wouldn't have used them. I don't think anyone in their wildest dreams could have imagined this scenario.

Not only did Michael Stern's wife die on 2/4/13, after a long period suffering with cancer. His mother-in-law died on 1/27/17, the week before Sarah's murder was announced by the prosecutor....and her services were this past Friday and Saturday, 48 hours after he learned of Sarah's death. Unbelievable what this man is going through. Inexplicable.

I was just getting ready to post this info myself. :smile: After watching the video's from the article NotABenny posted, one stood out to me as I listened. It said Sarah's dad spoke to LE after attending the viewing for his recently deceased mother-in-law. :frown: I honestly had to listen to it twice to make sure I heard it correctly.
Her obituary was published in the paper on Jan. 31, 2017... So it still lists Sarah as her granddaughter as one of the survivors. It's better she didn't know (IMO)

That poor man has been through (and is still going through) hell! My heart breaks for him. And to find out his daughter was murdered by kids that he used to drive to school! And Sarah's prom date?
I cannot imagine how he can still put one foot in front of the other to walk through this nightmare. I hope he has a lot of support :tears:

Sending heartfelt prayers to Mr. Stein

It seems so crazy that two guys she thought were friends and hung out with did this. On her facebook page it shows the picture that has been in the media and another one where she is standing between both of them!

Murder One.

Absolutely. It was well beyond premeditation! Hopefully, they don't drop PT charges to murder 2 and he gets time served. I doubt they do but who knows if that could be in a plea deal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Justice for Susan Winters.

Most recent article

[FONT=&amp]"7 unanswered questions in the Sarah Stern case"[/FONT]

http://www.nj.com/monmouth/index.ss..._the_sarah_stern_case.html#incart_river_index

Interesting. Let's see if I can do this.

2. Was dumping Stern's body from the bridge always part of the alleged plan?

IDK yet. There may have been a different "plan", IMO.

More than eight hours passed between when Stern was strangled by McAtasney and her body was tossed from the bridge, prosecutors said Tuesday. Taylor went to the house twice during that span to hide the body in bushes,

More than 8 hours passed. That means LM went there in the afternoon. It was daylight.

3. How did McAtasney allegedly get the stolen cash?

It also remains unclear if all of the money was at Stern's house or was withdrawn from a bank as part of the robbery.

Authorities have not said where the money came from and Stern's father, Michael Stern, has not spoken publicly about how his daughter came into the money.

Authorities have not said who found the phone.
Yes, they said they found it.

5. Who helped investigators record McAtasney and Taylor?

Prosecutors revealed Tuesday that there's a witness who recorded conversations with McAtasney and Taylor

The witness, who prosecutors said is friends with the two men, came to police with suspicions about McAtasney and Taylor. But Monmouth County Prosecutor Christopher Gramiccioni, speaking at a press conference after Tuesday's hearing, declined to comment further on the witness' involvement in the case. At one point, Taylor's attorney, John Perrone, said he wasn't sure if his client would recognize the witness on the street. .

6. Is there any video surveillance?

Authorities have also not said if the two were ever caught on surveillance camera in the area of Stern's home or on the bridge.

Also, if McAtasney went to a bank at some point on Dec. 2, as indicated by prosecutors Tuesday, it has not been revealed if investigators have video surveillance from the bank. The bank branch has not been named.

IMHO, very well played by the prosecutors.

7. Will Stern's body be recovered?

Gramiccioni said at a press conference after Tuesday's court hearing that his office is hoping to "deliver a miracle" to the Stern family and find Sarah's body.

My observations:

[/B] LE and prosecutor are doing a fabulous job on this case. 2 cents.
They were waiting for proper evidence.

I cannot imagine going through this. My thoughts and all courage go to her Dad, Michael Stern.

LM, IMHO looks scared *advertiser censored* in the courtroom. He knows he's going down. He is breathing hard. Watch him.

PT, on the other hand looks smirking. No Preston, your lying Dad and Mom (Ms Corporate) cannot save you.
It's too late, you're toast.

What I find really sad, is that these kids look "clean cut", athletes, yadayada. BTW, your videos are lousy.

You all could have had so much, and you threw it all away.

Sarah, on the other hand, had true interests and a direction towards her future. I imagine she wanted to move on, move forward and get away from you freak losers.

Michael Stern, many stand beside you. We pray for strength and courage.

Interesting. Let's see if I can do this.

2. Was dumping Stern's body from the bridge always part of the alleged plan?

IDK yet. There may have been a different "plan", IMO.

More than 8 hours passed. That means LM went there in the afternoon. It was daylight.

3. How did McAtasney allegedly get the stolen cash?

Yes, they said they found it.

5. Who helped investigators record McAtasney and Taylor?

6. Is there any video surveillance?

IMHO, very well played by the prosecutors.

7. Will Stern's body be recovered?

My observations:

[/B] LE and prosecutor are doing a fabulous job on this case. 2 cents.
They were waiting for proper evidence.

I cannot imagine going through this. My thoughts and all courage go to her Dad, Michael Stern.

LM, IMHO looks scared *advertiser censored* in the courtroom. He knows he's going down. He is breathing hard. Watch him.

PT, on the other hand looks smirking. No Preston, your lying Dad and Mom (Ms Corporate) cannot save you.
It's too late, you're toast.

What I find really sad, is that these kids look "clean cut", athletes, yadayada. BTW, your videos are lousy.

You all could have had so much, and you threw it all away.

Sarah, on the other hand, had true interests and a direction towards her future. I imagine she wanted to move on, move forward and get away from you freak losers.

Michael Stern, many stand beside you. We pray for strength and courage.

The "gist" I get, is LE/Prosecutor are working closely with her Dad. Very Closely. Dad has spoken a few times "ahead" of the news.

PT, it's over for you. LM, your plan was really dumb. I can't wait for your hearing next week.

2 young men, who had good things going for them. ByeBye. Enjoy Prison. Maybe Mom and Dad will wake up, but I doubt it.

I've watched all your videos. At your home. Mom and Dad were oblivious,

I'm confused, what's wrong with his YouTube account? At a glance the videos look like your average teenagers videos.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

I was just getting ready to post this info myself. :smile: After watching the video's from the article NotABenny posted, one stood out to me as I listened. It said Sarah's dad spoke to LE after attending the viewing for his recently deceased mother-in-law. :frown: I honestly had to listen to it twice to make sure I heard it correctly.
Her obituary was published in the paper on Jan. 31, 2017... So it still lists Sarah as her granddaughter as one of the survivors. It's better she didn't know (IMO)

That poor man has been through (and is still going through) hell! My heart breaks for him. And to find out his daughter was murdered by kids that he used to drive to school! And Sarah's prom date?
I cannot imagine how he can still put one foot in front of the other to walk through this nightmare. I hope he has a lot of support :tears:

Sending heartfelt prayers to Mr. Stein

I agree - this is such a nightmare. Good God, how much pain can this man take? I hurt so badly for Sarah's dad - I'm so mad & disgusted over the unimaginable grief and heartache these two a-holes have caused him. And to have to deal with the fact that these two evil 's were so-called friends. How can people inflict such pain and agony on innocents who were minding their own business, doing the right thing, going about their daily lives as usual. Words fail me. I pray for this man so.

Hope to see you all tomorrow, after big storm tonight.

Please back up your claims with links.

Stay safe all. xo

Best!

I'm confused, what's wrong with his YouTube account? At a glance the videos look like your average teenagers videos.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

I haven't gotten thru all of them, but the one where he is telling the young boy to take his clothes off is disturbing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member