Deceased/Not Found NJ - Sarah Stern, 19, Neptune City, 2 Dec 2016 *Arrests* #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, spaz1959.
Yes LM & SM are identical, but their mannerisms are very different so if you watch a few of each of their videos you'll probably be able to tell them apart. From what I've gathered, the last known contact with Sarah was around 3:45pm that day, Friday 12/2. I don't know who it was with or whether if was via phone or in-person. It's possible that it was at her bank, because she reportedly withdrew a very large sum of money from her bank account that afternoon.

Perhaps she had info on the perps (something personal and something they did not want anyone knowing... something unsavory or linked to their sexuality?). They were too paranoid about what she knew. Perhaps why planning went on for six months. Not sure when grandmother passed but maybe they were waiting for those funds to come in. The money was part of the plan, but the motivation was to keep her quiet? My speculating only.

Does anyone know anything about the 911 call mentioned by the Assistant Prosecutor during PT's detention hearing???

Does anyone know anything about the 911 call mentioned by the Assistant Prosecutor during PT's detention hearing???

No.. that's interesting. I must have missed that. Do you have a link?

The whole 3hrs between video of Sarah leaving to car found vs 8 hrs dead under a Bush makes no sense.

Also there is no way I could see either of them moving a 130lbs of dead weight alone and on top of it throwing 130ln body over a fence. If they could accomplish it there would be one heck of ruckus.

What if the confession from PT is part of the plan. Throw off investigators so body is never found. Based on comments from the defense attorney it sounds like they may go with what if Sarah ran away, and introduce reasonable doubt. No body no crime defense. Cases have been prosecuted without a body before but all they need is one juror to have a bit of doubt for a mistrial. Enough mistrials and case gets dropped or pled down.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Assuming PT IS lying about where SS body is in an attempt to throw off investigators , why would he confess to: 1. knowing the plan for 6mos, 2. confess to disposing of the body, and then 3. lead LE to the safes (which adds to his credibility IMO)? If I'm a juror, I have no reasonable doubt... he's guilty of what he's been charged with.

Granted, if he did partake in the murder or have further involvement, im sure it will come out as the case goes to trial. I'm just REALLY struggling with the fact that PT is lying.

Assuming PT IS lying about where SS body is in an attempt to throw off investigators , why would he confess to: 1. knowing the plan for 6mos, 2. confess to disposing of the body, and then 3. lead LE to the safes (which adds to his credibility IMO)? If I'm a juror, I have no reasonable doubt... he's guilty of what he's been charged with.

Granted, if he did partake in the murder or have further involvement, im sure it will come out as the case goes to trial. I'm just REALLY struggling with the fact that PT is lying.
Because PT is not being charged with murder. LM is. If PT's story turns out to be a lie and no body is found then LM brings doubt into his case. If LM isn't convicted of murder PT isnt convicted of disposing of the body. It's not a great plan but how many 19 year old sociopaths have great plans?

Some are theorizing the $ was inheritance from her mother's passing. It also could have been just a stash of cash that was stored in an in home safe for one reason or another. I'm not 100% sure that it's been confirmed that SS went to the bank and withdrew the money, or if the term "bank" was a code name for SS / SS home , as LA intended to rob her.

I guess your right Katydid23. Ok, so LM quits his
Job 2 days after killing her. Wonder why? I don't think it's because he's so emotionally upset. What does he do with his days?

I'm having a hard time thinking that this pond scum PT is telling the truth. Maybe "the confession"

is bogus. Yes, I know PT has told some truths. I firmly believe the biggest lie he tells is how, and where they disposed of her body.

I want so badly for Sarah's body to be recovered. I want this for her family and friends who loved her. The bridge is not a great memorial, however this is all her friends have. My daughter left flowers with another friend of SS at the bridge. I just want to scream to PT "if you tell only one truth, tell where her body is".

Some are theorizing the $ was inheritance from her mother's passing. It also could have been just a stash of cash that was stored in an in home safe for one reason or another. I'm not 100% sure that it's been confirmed that SS went to the bank and withdrew the money, or if the term "bank" was a code name for SS / SS home , as LA intended to rob her.

I tend to think it was HER money specifically, and she was tricked into withdrawing it from her account.

Reason being, if it was just money stashed in the home already, the boys could have just burglarized the home. They could have done so when she was still in Florida with her family at Grandmothers funeral. No need to murder anyone if it was already there in a removable safe.

But most adults don't leave thousands of dollars laying around unless they have a very secure compound to live in.

That's why I believe they convinced her to 'lend' them some cash. Maybe said they could all go into some kind of business together. Or maybe he had a convincing sob story to tell her---loan me 6 grand please, and I can pay you back monthly. Thats the kind of things good friends do for each other, right?

So they decided to kill her, so they would not need to pay her back. And they could take the rest of the money she had in her safe, skimming it look like she took it with her?

(all bold is by me)

The money
:

After the confession on Feb. 1, Preston Taylor led investigators to two buried safes at Sandy Hook and Shark River Park, one containing cash and one containing pieces of Stern's clothing, Superior Court Judge David Bauman said.

"I'm at the bank. I'm going to do it now. I'm going to take her out," Doyle said McAtasney told Taylor.

Taylor's friend and roommate, LM, is accused of strangling Stern on Dec. 2 before robbing her of thousands of dollars and then recruiting Taylor to go to the house...

http://www.nj.com/monmouth/index.ssf/2017/02/preston_taylor_appears_in_court.html

Her father:
He last saw his daughter on November 28. They had spent Thanksgiving with family in Florida and Sarah returned home ahead of her father.
He had been in constant contact with her with phone calls and text messages. Sarah had also seen her grandmother and her aunt during the week and nothing seemed amiss.

On the afternoon of December 2, he was unable to reach her by cell phone or on their house landline, and she stopped responding to text messages.
'I wasn't too concerned as she sometimes slept late when she had been up late working on her drawing. Then I thought she might have been out with her cousins. Sometimes they went over to Applebee's,' Stern said.
Police officers found her car on the southbound shoulder of the bridge shortly before 3 AM on December 3.

Authorities believe Sarah withdrew a large amount of money, in the thousands of dollars, from her bank account and McAtasney was aware of this and came to her home on December 2 to rob her.

Her father does not know the reason his daughter would have taken out a large amount of money. She was focused on college and last had a job during the summer when she worked checking passes to get onto the local beach.

'It's a big question, it's definitely out of character,' Stern said.

On Monday, official sources claimed that two safe deposit boxes containing valuables which were taken from the Stern home had been found after one was hidden in Sandy Hook and the other in Shark River Park, according to News12.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ey-girl-pleads-information.html#ixzz4YWWf7Gxn

I think you're on to something. I just can't tell how intelligent and/or savvy these two are and if they would think of the fact that no body = a more difficult case for the prosecution? But if they'd been planning something so evil for 6 months, it could be that angle WAS their motivation to put the body elsewhere and fake the entire bridge scene, which I absolutely do think was a fake. I know that bridge well. I think Sarah is somewhere else.
The whole 3hrs between video of Sarah leaving to car found vs 8 hrs dead under a Bush makes no sense.

Also there is no way I could see either of them moving a 130lbs of dead weight alone and on top of it throwing 130ln body over a fence. If they could accomplish it there would be one heck of ruckus.

What if the confession from PT is part of the plan. Throw off investigators so body is never found. Based on comments from the defense attorney it sounds like they may go with what if Sarah ran away, and introduce reasonable doubt. No body no crime defense. Cases have been prosecuted without a body before but all they need is one juror to have a bit of doubt for a mistrial. Enough mistrials and case gets dropped or pled down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member