Deceased/Not Found NJ - Sarah Stern, 19, Neptune City, 2 Dec 2016 *Arrests* #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea how long Sarah's vehicle was parked on bridge before being called in?

Also, do these kids all live in the same neighborhood? Would this then mean some amount of LM and PT's travels could have been on foot, if not both, then one at least? Then parking away from SS house upon return that night could be very poss, etc.

The surveillance video registered a red colored top, either of them photographed on their sites wearing a red jacket/sweatshirt in the recent posts? I haven't seen any of these sites.

Also, do these kids all live in the same neighborhood? Would this then mean some amount of LM and PT's travels could have been on foot, if not both, then one at least? Then parking away from SS house upon return that night could be very poss, etc.

The surveillance video registered a red colored top, either of them photographed on their sites wearing a red jacket/sweatshirt in the recent posts? I haven't seen any of these sites.

Great question about the boys home proximity!

Liam's work (where he was from approx. 5 till 10:30) & his mom's house are both within walking distance to Sarah's house. Preston's parents' house is not. And I don't know where their shared apartment is.

Are any WS members going to try to attend the hearing in the morning? I'll be in a meeting at 9 but will be in that area.

Liam's work (where he was from approx. 5 till 10:30) & his mom's house are both within walking distance to Sarah's house. Preston's parents' house is not. And I don't know where their shared apartment is.

Note, at the very beginning it looks like there are about 30 seconds without a car going by, so they'd have plenty of time to do their dirty deed.

Note, at the very beginning it looks like there are about 30 seconds without a car going by, so they'd have plenty of time to do their dirty deed.

Right. Looks like it takes the officer about 40 seconds to exit and walk up to SS's car shine light and return to his cruiser, enough time for two to the deed. Not enough time for a follow car, in and out, then back to one car etc.
But, then there are at least 8 cars that drive by during the first 60 seconds of vid.
Seems crazy no one saw them up there at all.

Does anyone else find it odd that the 911 caller wished to remain anonymous?
Obviously they can trace him back by his cell number - just not sure why he wouldn't provide his name?

PT confession claims that LM had been planning to rob and kill SS for six months. The timeline is fishy to me, or maybe the media is wrong, or I am not remembering correctly.

SS last seen physically at 345 pm. (?)
LM is at work at appmx 5pm.

Doesn't seem like much of a plan, especially for 6 months worth. Anything could go wrong and with that little time to commit the crime and then be ready for work and arrive at work, seems tricky. It happened in the house?

PT is lying? PT is more involved than he claims? And if PT is only just alerted right before and after the crime, LM isn't very smart or he knows PT is ready for it.

So, why is the witness fearful of PT and not LM?

Wonder who else knows about these two--and their motive--that isn't talking yet?

Honestly, I don't find that odd. I think it's enough to give your cell #. Lyft and Uber drivers get fined mercilessly in many of our shore towns, the taxi lobby is so strong. I can see not wanting to identify yourself!
Does anyone else find it odd that the 911 caller wished to remain anonymous?
Obviously they can trace him back by his cell number - just not sure why he wouldn't provide his name?

It is a very well lit bridge. That flashing light you see tells you whether the stoplight right at the bottom of the bridge on the Belmar side is turning red, so that you can prepare to stop when coming down on the southbound side.
Geeze, it looks like they parked right under a light

Just a thought ..based on LM interest in making videos and the occupation of AC the witness. Could the motive possibly have been something more along the lines of a murder movie plot than an actual robbery?

Honestly, I don't find that odd. I think it's enough to give your cell #. Lyft and Uber drivers get fined mercilessly in many of our shore towns, the taxi lobby is so strong. I can see not wanting to identify yourself!

Bingo!
A lot of Uber drivers do not want to be named, they'd prefer to just pick up their clients and drop them off without it being known that they are a driver. There's rules and regulations for taxi and livery services here and ride share drivers try very hard to slide thru without all the fines.
For example, I needed a car to take me from belmar to the AC airport. The Uber driver asked that I not say a word that he was actually a paid driver. He preferred that people thought he was just a friend dropping off a friend. He explained about the fines he'd receive if mercantile found out that he dropped off at the airport.
So I agree that the driver just may have not wanted to be named because he was just trying to earn his extra driving money without any hassles

I have a meeting tomorrow morning as well or I would definitely attend to show support for Mr. Stern and his family.

Just a few thoughts I wanted to mention. I realize many people seem conflicted about the renaming of the bridge for Sarah. To me, I don't find it sad at all. I see it more as a gesture of a community coming together and a reminder of Sarah's life and the swift justice she is getting from the amazing work of LE. I live on the water a few blocks from the bridge, I have put flowers down and it's something I will continue to do. People have created a beautiful memorial there. So for me and this is jmo, whenever I drive over the bridge now, which is multiple times a day, I say a prayer for Mr. Stern and Sarah and I am constantly inspired by the love and support of all the people that came together to help her find justice. So renaming the bridge imo would be a special acknowledgment.

I find myself at a loss as to what to believe right now about where she could be. I have witnessed all of the water searches. For about a good week and a half after Dec 2, there was non stop searching in the water. Specialized dive teams and state poilce helicopters as well as state police boats up and down the shore line. I can tell you that as soon as TP confessed to what we have read (im assuming the info came from his confession) the police boats and helicopters were right back out there, so they must have reason to believe she is in the water.

I was told by a friend who works on the water that the police boats were using nets to scrape the rocks in the inlet in case she was stuck. This second search is now 2 months after TP claims they threw her over. I don't know the specifics of the LE searches but they did seem to still focus a lot on the inner marina and inlet, coastline and further out as well, but still a lot in and around the marina. After two months so much of the search was on the inside, made me wonder if perhaps they weighted her down with something and she made not have been carried away by the tide easily. Just my own speculation. I pray that LM finds the decency within himself to tell the whole truth tomorrow.

I'm still very bothered that they kept her clothing in one of the safes. Any thoughts as to why they would do that? I wondered if perhaps they did that with the intention of discarding them on the beach one day with hopes that it would've bolstered their suicide plan. Writing this just makes me sick.

Lastly, I can't help but wonder if one of the reasons they took part in the search was to make sure that certain areas were not searched by anyone else other than themselves so they could make sure she was not found (if not in the water). They had two months of freedom after Dec 2, maybe they went back and moved the body? I have 100% faith in our LE and I'm sure they've thought about these things as well as other good ideas from you guys as well. Maybe LE has been watching them for the last two months as well.

When I think back to the beginning of this thread and certain posters who came on with the certainty that they knew Sarah committed suicide makes my skin crawl wondering if it was TP or LM trying to sway the thread. There was even a poster that came on here that took part in the search and described a background very similar to LM, he was adamant about coming up with ideas that could've happened, really well thought out ideas. I'm not suggesting that was LM or PT but I did reach out and ask him a question pertaining to something he found during the search and he never logged on again. Just makes you wonder.

PT confession claims that LM had been planning to rob and kill SS for six months. The timeline is fishy to me, or maybe the media is wrong, or I am not remembering correctly.

SS last seen physically at 345 pm. (?)
LM is at work at appmx 5pm.

Doesn't seem like much of a plan, especially for 6 months worth. Anything could go wrong and with that little time to commit the crime and then be ready for work and arrive at work, seems tricky. It happened in the house?

PT is lying? PT is more involved than he claims? And if PT is only just alerted right before and after the crime, LM isn't very smart or he knows PT is ready for it.

So, why is the witness fearful of PT and not LM?

Wonder who else knows about these two--and their motive--that isn't talking yet?

Maybe he thought being at work would provide an alibi?

Was it ever stated SS was killed in the home? Why put her under the bushes? Was that the plan all along or did LM run out of time? Hiding her outside for that many hours (if that's true) seems like a huge risk. Eventually someone would come looking for her, they had no idea how long it would take before someone was concerned enough to stop by.

Who the heck plans a murder for 6 months and then involves others? Pre-meditated Murder 101 says don't leave behind cell phones or witnesses, I'm pretty sure. Was the murder planned all along or just the robbery and something happened recently to escalate to murder?

And something else just crossed my mind. We only know the snitch is talking for sure, correct? Is it possible PT told the informant a story to make him seem "harder" or "tougher"? I could see the informant being far more afraid of PT, he's not going to be in jail the rest of his life for murder.

Could PT have been forced into helping? Paid to help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper