Status
Not open for further replies.

><
Sarah Lee Stern :: W/F/19 :: Monmouth County :: 2 Dec 2016
><
15338779_10155051743947037_4502264197256715921_n.jpg

15304064_737632059721897_8965479926665925470_o.jpg

15304243_1532574026762926_417974154806571702_o.jpg

Belmar Borough, Monmouth County is in Central, New Jersey.

Day Five

1)) http://www.nj.com/monmouth/index.ss...ng_for_information.html#incart_river_home_pop

2)) http://www.nj.com/monmouth/index.ssf/2016/12/authorities_did_not_continue_search_for_possible_b.html

3)) http://www.nj.com/monmouth/index.ssf/2016/12/rescue_crews_searching_shark_river_for_possible_br.html

4)) https://twitter.com/Sarah_Lee_Stern

Area Map:

A)) http://listsofjohn.com/mapf?lat=40.1846&lon=-74.0262&z=18&t=h&d=y :

Zoom In & Re-Center
Using Upper-Right Pull-Down,
Select >>> Satellite (with Labels)

Shark River Flows to Our Right,
ENE, East-North-East into the Atlantic Ocean

B)) GPS / Global Position Satellite system:

N 40.18460° ::: W -074.02620°
N 40° 11.076' ::: W -074° 01.572'
N 40° 11' 04.560'' ::: W -074° 01' 34.320''
&
UTM: 18T 582898 E ::: 4448704 N

Our Thanks To Those Providing
On-Line, Spiritual, & In-Person Assistance.

Many bridges have city video cameras. Does this Bridge happen to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What had been done to get a copy of the traffic cameras from that night? The bridge had traffic cameras installed according to the NJDOT.

What had been done to get a copy of the traffic cameras from that night? The bridge had traffic cameras installed according to the NJDOT.

Oh I guess must have been mistaken, I thought I'd read it didn't. I have no idea, but that is something that should be done if it hasn't

The cameras were not working at the time.

How common are Oldsmobile 88's? Just wondering, because if its not on common it could be a crazy coincidence. Since it is 16 years apart and different gender.

Sent from my hammer_S using Tapatalk

think just coincidence. the other missing person, it sounds like, was involved in a hit and run in Green Brook which is a distance away from Belmar. Maybe her took off to get away from whatever had happened

think just coincidence. the other missing person, it sounds like, was involved in a hit and run in Green Brook which is a distance away from Belmar. Maybe her took off to get away from whatever had happened
That would make sense. I didn't read the story, I just looked at the comment about him. You're right, hit and run is a reason a 19 year old would try and disappear, and ditch their car

I was excited to see Sarah's thread bumped with activity...

Where are you, beautiful?

Hey there, I've been following this case and lurking on this thread since its inception. Though I never knew Sarah personally, she's in a lot of the same circles as I am when it comes to interests and fandoms. Regarding the stickers on the license plates, would the stickers be present on even her grandmother's car? The age difference should be far great enough to warrant the absence of a sticker.

Additionally, regardless of whether another girl went missing, an eighteen-year-old man went missing on January 30th. His car was found abandoned in a park just twenty minutes from Sarah's hometown. Even the police are acknowledging the three missing persons in a close proximity and time to each other.

Any thoughts on possible connections between the three cases? Since this most recent one happened only days ago, there's not much information out, though it feels that there isn't a lot on Sarah either even though it's been two months. The Sarah Stern Missing Facebook page updated yesterday evening stating that there is no new information to report.

Hey there, I've been following this case and lurking on this thread since its inception. Though I never knew Sarah personally, she's in a lot of the same circles as I am when it comes to interests and fandoms. Regarding the stickers on the license plates, would the stickers be present on even her grandmother's car? The age difference should be far great enough to warrant the absence of a sticker.

Additionally, regardless of whether another girl went missing, an eighteen-year-old man went missing on January 30th. His car was found abandoned in a park just twenty minutes from Sarah's hometown. Even the police are acknowledging the three missing persons in a close proximity and time to each other.

Any thoughts on possible connections between the three cases? Since this most recent one happened only days ago, there's not much information out, though it feels that there isn't a lot on Sarah either even though it's been two months. The Sarah Stern Missing Facebook page updated yesterday evening stating that there is no new information to report.
I can't personally see how they would be connected, but that doesn't mean they arn't. Although they were close by I don't see a lot of similarities. It is pretty weird though. But the one that's 20 minutes away might be a stretch, because 20 minutes is a pretty great distance. Depending on where you live that could easily just be random. As in, if I were to get murdered and someone 20 minutes away got murdered a couple months later, in my area that wouldn't really indicate anything weird unless the other victim had a lot of similarities. That's just my two cents.

Lakewood is a completely different type of area than Belmar and Sayreville. Lakewood used to be the town where U.S. Presidents vacationed, but now it is mostly a Hasidic Jewish Community. Also Hispanic and Black. Whereas Belmar is a shore town and thus a higher end area, Sayreville is a working class area, both are mostly White. There is however one similarity. They are all near major highways. Here is a quickly plotted map going off of memory. Not saying they are related but it is certainly odd.

Another observation is the visual center point seems to be Colts Neck which is between Marlboro and Holmdel. This is an upper class area where one could easily access all highways from, that would take one to the location of where the cars were found.

The green area where the p in Marlboro Township lands is the old Marlboro Mental Hospital which is basically borders Colts Neck which is across the street. I don't know what is still open there, but in addition to the Mental Hospital there was a Convent, School for Troubled Youth called Colliers on the Hill, and a drug rehab.

b4be79e3e28a51f16adeec4ecfb2ca05.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lakewood and Old Bridge are approximately 24 miles apart, Belmar/Neptune is between the two, and IMO, close enough for the possibility of the same person being involved. The Garden State Parkway and Rt. 35 are two roads that connect all the areas.

Snip....

Mena is the third teenager in two months to prompt a search after authorities found an unoccupied vehicle.

Authorities continue to search for Sarah Stern, a 19-year-old Neptune City woman who has been missing since her car was found on the Route 35 bridge in Belmar in early December. Earlier this month, the vehicle of a 19-year-old Old Bridge teen, Rachel Oakes, was found near the Driscoll Bridge on the Garden State Parkway.

http://www.nj.com/ocean/index.ssf/2017/01/police_searching_for_missing_18-year-old_man_after.html

None of these three cases seem to have to any connection other than the proximity to the GSP, but who knows? The number of cases is becoming alarming. This is a highly populated area of NJ, but not a particularly dangerous one.

Posted after Rachel Oakes' car was found, on the Monmouth Police and Fire Facebook page, FYI: " So here is an important question for MCP on what advice you can give to concerned parents whose loved ones work night shifts and travel home alone and see flashing lights in their rear view mirror? Should they call 911 to confirm the pullover or drive to a safe public place? I know what I would say but you wouldn't agree on it." Response from Monmouth officials: "Monmouth County Police, Fire & EMS If you are unsure that a true police officer is attempting to pull you over there's a few things you can do. When you see the flashing lights behind you turn on your hazards, if there is really a police officer behind you this almost says to them "OK they've acknowledged I'm behind them". Dial 9-1-1 and explain the situation and provide the best possible location, Communications personnel can make contact with the officers on the road and attempt to verify that the motor vehicle stop is legitimate. As they're attempting to make contact with officers look for a well-light public area to pull off into. Should you have any further questions please contact your local police department via their 10-digit non-emergency number."

I can't personally see how they would be connected, but that doesn't mean they arn't. Although they were close by I don't see a lot of similarities. It is pretty weird though. But the one that's 20 minutes away might be a stretch, because 20 minutes is a pretty great distance. Depending on where you live that could easily just be random. As in, if I were to get murdered and someone 20 minutes away got murdered a couple months later, in my area that wouldn't really indicate anything weird unless the other victim had a lot of similarities. That's just my two cents.

plus we know the last of the three was meeting somebody and was male.

I've been thinking about this case a lot today and here's my theory (JMO) I don't think she was kidnapped for sex trafficking and I don't think her case is related to the others. If it isn't a case of suicide I would guess it wasn't random, and probably someone she knew. She could also have run away but as another user said it's hard to do that that young especially with out resources (like not having a car that we know of or money).

Lakewood and Old Bridge are approximately 24 miles apart, Belmar/Neptune is between the two, and IMO, close enough for the possibility of the same person being involved. The Garden State Parkway and Rt. 35 are two roads that connect all the areas.

Snip....

Mena is the third teenager in two months to prompt a search after authorities found an unoccupied vehicle.

Authorities continue to search for Sarah Stern, a 19-year-old Neptune City woman who has been missing since her car was found on the Route 35 bridge in Belmar in early December. Earlier this month, the vehicle of a 19-year-old Old Bridge teen, Rachel Oakes, was found near the Driscoll Bridge on the Garden State Parkway.

http://www.nj.com/ocean/index.ssf/2017/01/police_searching_for_missing_18-year-old_man_after.html
In addition to GSP there is Rt 9, Rt 34, and Rt 18.

The boy's body was found in a wooded area in Lakewood down the street from where his car was found. I'm guessing unrelated.

The Long Branch girl I think also unrelated. Doesn't resemble the other two.

If they were related the Colts Neck area does continue to be a central point that is connected to Long Branch by Rt 18 & Rt 35, Belmar by Rt 18, Rt 34, and Rt 35, Sayreville by Rt 34, Rt 9, Rt 18 and GSP, and Lakewood by Rt 18, GSP, and Rt 9.

As for safe areas yes where the two girls were found Sayreville and Belmar are relatively safe. Neptune and Old Bridge both have their rough areas, but neither are anything like Lakewood.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

[video=twitter;827201192816148481]https://twitter.com/kevincorey/status/827201192816148481[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper