Deceased/Not Found NJ - Sarah Stern, 19, Neptune City, 2 Dec 2016 *Arrests* #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
2 girls both the same age missing with their cars left on the same highway near or on a bridge over a river in the same state 30 miles apart is sending my hinky meter crazy.
That's true, but its worth mentioning the girls look nothing alike. Different looks, and coloring. Doesn't mean it isn't a serial killer, but worth mentioning.

Sent from my hammer_S using Tapatalk

2 girls both the same age missing with their cars left on the same highway near or on a bridge over a river in the same state 30 miles apart is sending my hinky meter crazy.

I'm thinking the most likely explanation is two unrelated suicides :(

Hi...new to the forums. Been following this case since the start and just got done reading this thread. Few things:

1. I seriously doubt SS disappearance is an abduction. First, there are no signs of a struggle reported. No damage to the car from bumping, the keys were left in the center console according to the SS FB page, nothing to indicate a sign of a struggle in the car, etc. We know she left her house alone as per the neighbors surveillance camera. And where the car was found points away from an abduction IMO. If you just abducted someone, why would you leave her vehicle parked on a busy roadway where people may see you exit the vehicle? Most abductors will leave the victims car on a deserted street or in an empty parking lot where no one can see them...or they destroy the car all together and the likelihood of someone being abducted on a busy bridge and no one seeing a thing is highly unlikely. And most abductors don't "plan" on how to hide the crime, like staging it to look like a suicide, especially if we are talking within a few short hours, between the video and when the car was found....unless her abduction was planned, which that seems to be unlikely. Most abductions are spontaneous which means there would be more evidence left behind.

2. Whats really telling to me is the message on one of the SS FB pages that seems to be addressing SS, which I would assume was authored by a close family member. It seems to be that there was a lot more going on between her and her family then we are aware of. It seems as though the author is alluding to some type of riff in the family, whether its because of her lifestyle choice or something else she was doing that they did not agree with. I'm leaning more towards her being gay and the family not fully accepting it, which happens a lot , no matter how much a family loves them. Sometimes family may not fully understand and think they are doing the right thing by trying to "convince" them that they really aren't gay.

3. My conclusions are between her leaving voluntarily or suicide, but I'm leaning more towards suicide. It doesn't seem like she would go missing on purpose and not contact her family to let them know she was ok, considering all the media coverage her case has generated. Being that she is 19 years old she can leave whenever she wants and doesn't need anyones permission to leave so why all the mystery? Even if she doesn't want her family to contact her, I would imagine she would contact them to say "hey I'm fine now leave me alone". I also find it odd that if she did leave voluntarily ,that she didn't at least tell her friends or take her dog. As a dog lover,I know I would never purposely leave to start a new life without my dog. For these reasons, I think she took her life unfortunately. I hope I am wrong though....

2. Whats really telling to me is the message on one of the SS FB pages that seems to be addressing SS, which I would assume was authored by a close family member. It seems to be that there was a lot more going on between her and her family then we are aware of. It seems as though the author is alluding to some type of riff in the family, whether its because of her lifestyle choice or something else she was doing that they did not agree with. I'm leaning more towards her being gay and the family not fully accepting it, which happens a lot , no matter how much a family loves them. Sometimes family may not fully understand and think they are doing the right thing by trying to "convince" them that they really aren't gay.

3. My conclusions are between her leaving voluntarily or suicide, but I'm leaning more towards suicide...

Welcome!

RSBM above... if you're referring to SS's sexuality as a "lifestyle choice," please don't.

I agree that suicide is the more likely scenario. Regarding the other NJ missing posted above, it is quite possible the other girl heard about this one and was, for lack of a better word, "inspired." Easy to do at 19.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The referring to "lifestyle choice" is how her family may have perceived it...clearly its not a choice and did not mean it that way from my perspective.

I'm not convinced that Sarah jumped from that bridge.

Although a fall from the bridge can hurt someone, I don't think it's high enough to guarantee death (unlike the Driscoll Bridge).

Also, Sarah was on the school swim team, it just seems odd that she would want to end her life drowning?

This is all MOO, because I see a girl with a lot of friends around the world and I don't think that, at aged 19 and an adult, she would care what her family thinks of her lifestyle. Being an adult, if they don't agree with her lifestyle, she could just move on and not turn back.

Im really thinking it was a voluntary leaving. I agree suicide by drowning is insanity for a strong swimmer.

Im really thinking it was a voluntary leaving. I agree suicide by drowning is insanity for a strong swimmer.
Usually when people jump, its not the drowning they are trying to use kill themselves but the impact.

The bridge where the old bridge woman is missing from is usually very busy. Bunch of lanes merge there and usually at any time of day, its quite busy.

The bridge where the old bridge woman is missing from is usually very busy. Bunch of lanes merge there and usually at any time of day, its quite busy.

That bridge has 15 lanes, is the widest bridge in the world, and stands at it's peak at 135 feet. There have been numerous suicides on the Driscoll bridge.

I travel that bridge to and from work every day, it scares the crap out of me when there is traffic.

That bridge has 15 lanes, is the widest bridge in the world, and stands at it's peak at 135 feet. There have been numerous suicides on the Driscoll bridge.

I travel that bridge to and from work every day, it scares the crap out of me when there is traffic.
Yes, Im always white knuckling it over that bridge lol

Usually when people jump, its not the drowning they are trying to use kill themselves but the impact.

This...I was in the CG for many years and have pulled many jumpers out of the water. When a person jumps from a bridge, the impact is comparable to hitting concrete due to how fast gravity pulls you down. I noticed with the jumpers I've pulled from the water that there is major trauma to the back of their heads from impact (usually they jump feet first and land on their backside). A medical examiner once explained that they impact will usually render them unconscious and they drown due to the fact that they are unconscious. Its actually not a bad way to die because once you hit the water, you don't feel anything after. If she did jump from that bridge, its very likely that she could have been knocked unconscious. With that and the tempter of the water, I wouldn't think that anyone could survive long.

The bridge where her car was found is not very high. I believe at it's peak it's 15 feet high?

http://www.belmar.com/content.php?npid=58&pid=58&menu_id=22

15 feet wouldn't be much of a fall. I'm not sure you could land in a way to be fatal unless you landed on something. I could see possibly getting the wind knocked out of you if you belly flopped or it stinging like crazy if a body part slapped the water, but I don't think anything would be severe enough to cause major injury.

If anything, the cold water would have been the biggest danger, but it wouldn't be instantaneous at all.

15 feet wouldn't be much of a fall. I'm not sure you could land in a way to be fatal unless you landed on something. I could see possibly getting the wind knocked out of you if you belly flopped or it stinging like crazy if a body part slapped the water, but I don't think anything would be severe enough to cause major injury.

If anything, the cold water would have been the biggest danger, but it wouldn't be instantaneous at all.
I was thinking if she did jump and die it would be drowning due to rough water (which sometimes even very good swimmers cant survive. Cold would also impact swimming ability), or hitting something like rocks.

I tend to agree people cliff dive on vacation at that height or higher with lots of rocky ledges etc

Belmar Bridge is definitely higher than 15 feet, the top of the bridge is at the same level as the top level of the condos near by. It used to be a smaller drawbridge. I'll try to get the specs on it now. Also, if she jumped and it was low tide there, she could have sank in the mud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteCamo