Deceased/Not Found NJ - Sarah Stern, 19, Neptune City, 2 Dec 2016 *Arrests* #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I did not expect Preston Taylor to look like that.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Me either.. As I posted earlier, they look so normal and happy on their fb pages.

Goes to show, you never know what someone's capable of..

So very sad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

wow. Stunned. This should remind us in other cases here that there are always things we do not know, that are not reported, that LE is doing behind the scenes. I don't think anything like this was on anyone's radar and then whamo.

So so sorry for you, beautiful soul.

I think LE must have had a good idea what happened almost from the start... They didn't ask for the public's help or let on that they suspected foul play or anything... Must have just been quietly collecting evidence for prosecution all this time.

Wow, I am so sad and relieved to see this. Sad, because she didn't deserve this from this awful human being. I will say that I am relieved as we have discussed suicide and questioned whether or not she was at risk based on her sexuality. I am hopeful that maybe the epidemic of ostracizing, bullying or shaming people based on who they love is lessening.

I agree All. that a great deal of thanks is due to the police for going the extra mile. It will be interesting to find out the details of when this came into their view.

RIP Sarah. To her friends and acquaintances here, thank you for sharing what you knew of her and her spirit. To her family, I am so sorry and hope you will feel some measure of justice for Sarah. It seems so cruel that she will not have a final resting place.

murdercase-319x420.jpg

http://www.shorenewsnetwork.com/2017/02/two-charged-for-murder-of-missing-belmar-girl/

I am just heartbroken over this. I just knew that Sarah would be found.

And the boys? I have boys the same age and cannot wrap my head around this.

Prayers for Sarah's family and friends.

According to a criminal complaint dated Wednesday, McAtasney allegedly strangled Stern while trying to steal money from her on Dec. 2 and then took her body to the Route 35 Bridge in Belmar and threw her body over the side.* **

Taylor helped McAtasney move and dispose of Stern's body, the prosecutor's office said.

It's sad how money motivates so many crimes! I wonder what fueled his need for the money?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Likely drugs or gambling

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
I was thinking drugs. Nothing to support that, it just seems like it always is nowadays. Has anyone found his FB yet? I wonder if there's any sign of drug culture or money issues on there. I'll go look!

What a senseless murder??? What in the world? Just... WHY? These guys were her friends... ???? I am blown away

I can't believe this story? Wow. Said they are her Facebook friends and one article showed her in a formal dress with the Taylor boy. Very sad. Crazy world we live in.

I'm so broken-hearted for Sarah. She had her whole life ahead of her and it was stolen from her, senselessly, by people she trusted. Sometimes I think I read about too much crime and have become desensitized, but I weep for the loss of this young girl.

Seeing the picture of Sarah with that boy gives me goosebumps and makes me teary. I've never had this kind of visceral reaction to a case. It just kills me that a couple of years ago she was hanging out with him smiling for photos. I'm feeling sick. All three families must be absolutely devastated and in shock. This is, for some reason, harder for me that these boys don't have some crazy ominous fb pages. They look like kids my brothers would hang out with. Ugh. No more words...

Just saw the update on NBC. Supposedly, there was a large sum of money withdrawn from Sarah's account the night she disappeared and someone called into the crime watchers number saying that McAtasney knew about the withdrawal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper