Deceased/Not Found NJ - Sarah Stern, 19, Neptune City, 2 Dec 2016 *Arrests* #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with all your thoughts and have the same questions. This is truly such a sad and bizarre case, almost like they were living out a movie plot like another poster mentioned. It's so hard to rationally try to dissect their irrational actions and mindset. Worse would be the fact that they may not have necessarily been irrational in the sense that they may have methodically planned this out (to the best of their dim witted ability) which would truly make them the worst kind of sociopaths out there.

I'm not aware if LM went to work after the robbery and murder took place on Dec 2 but I do remember reading that he quit his job approx 2 days later. Was he planning on leaving? Maybe LE approached him when they found his phone and told him to stay in the area? Who and when buried the safes? Is that what LM was doing when he sent TP back to hide the body in the bushes outside, incredibly risky for so many reasons.

I don't remember which link this was in, but Mr. Stern himself said there were just so many questions and he did mention he thought a third person might have been involved. I believe it was one of the last News 12 interviews when the new search was resumed recently. Maybe that was in regard to the informant or maybe one of their other close friends was part of this twisted plan. Heck, maybe they even planned what to say if they got caught.

Hopefully cadaver dogs have been used to validate the story about the bushes and car if too much time hasn't already passed. But 6 months to plan this? Maybe because they knew the family would be away? But then why the clothes in the safe. It's honestly as mind boggling as it is devastating.

And as far as the timeline goes with the neighbors video camera and cameras on the bridge ect, we really don't know if that may have been propaganda used by LE to give the POI's a false sense of security.

I had this same thought! And maybe Liam felt comfortable telling AC, thinking that he'd be cool with it. But AC is not a psycho killer- he's a good kid that's just into filmmaking & horror movies.
Just a thought ..based on LM interest in making videos and the occupation of AC the witness. Could the motive possibly have been something more along the lines of a murder movie plot than an actual robbery?

Liam's being detained till his trial, no surprise there. Prosecutor: McAtasney murdered Sarah with his own hands ��

Ugh.... this is getting worse all the time, for me. From your link:

Could he have possibly filmed her death? He sounds sick enough to have enjoyed that. He watched the clock, timing how long it took for her to die? And his "confession to a friend" was filmed (videotaped!)? Ordered PT to move her body? Good lord, what kind of hold does this guy have over his friends?

McAtasney gave the description of the killing to a friend, who secretly videotaped a meeting between the two in which McAtasney provided details of the strangulation, Doyle said.

During Taylor's detention hearing, prosecutors alleged that McAtasney planned for six months to rob and kill Stern and that he ordered Taylor to go to Stern's home after the robbery and remove her body from the house.
http://www.nj.com/monmouth/index.ss...rt.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Alex Gecan, staff writer, http://www.app.com/

There are stories and 10 videos related to Sarah's case here. Video of prosecutor speaking to reporters after detention hearing, and others. They have 90 days to present the case to a grand jury.

tweets from this morning's hearing by Alex gecan, reporter, https://mobile.twitter.com/GeeksterTweets

[h=1]Prosecutors discuss Liam McAtasney detention hearing in #SarahStern killing [/h]
1:05

-Judge Bauman says McAtasney must remain locked up to protect witnesses, prevent obstruction of judicial process

-McAtasney's attorney says client's purported discussion of #SarahStern murder "looks like it was scripted"

-Prosecutor: McAtasney murdered #SarahStern "with his own hand"

-Liam McAtasney to remain in custody pending trial

I've seen several pictures of a young man their age with Seamus and Sarah and Liam....like at graduation. Was AC a friend of all of theirs?
I had this same thought! And maybe Liam felt comfortable telling AC, thinking that he'd be cool with it. But AC is not a psycho killer- he's a good kid that's just into filmmaking & horror movies.

Totally disgusting that LM's attorney is attempting to manipulate people into thinking SS could still be alive. You have no idea how angry that makes me. LM confessed to choking her for 30 mins and watching her die but yet his attorney wants to say that he hopes she's still alive?! If she was still alive somewhere she would be brain dead. No one can survive 30 minutes of strangling without sustaining severe injury due to lack of oxygen. Smh

Considering the occupation of the witness who did the recording, I was afraid they were going to go with the "this was a movie script/she committed suicide" defense

And they might get away with it unless they have some other evidence like video footage etc...

Liam's being detained till his trial, no surprise there. Prosecutor: McAtasney murdered Sarah with his own hands ��

I've seen several pictures of a young man their age with Seamus and Sarah and Liam....like at graduation. Was AC a friend of all of theirs?

I'm wondering the same. I was immediately thinking the witness is either Seamus or this friend who seems to be in most of the videos and pics. But his initials are not AC, so unless they're fake initials...

This case is more mind boggling the more that is revealed. I'm also sickened by the idea/theory that the boys wanted to do this to live a real murder movie.

My heart just aches for Mr. Stern.

All four (SS, LM, PT, AC) are friends on FB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member