NJ - Sarah Stern, 19, Neptune City, 2 Dec 2016 *Arrests* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first time posting to this site. I am a New Jersey native and have been a Monmouth County resident for close to half of my life. This case has really stayed with me and I have tried to watch it very closely. I stumbled upon the first 76 page thread and this website completely by accident a few days ago while searching the web for information pertaining to this case. My thoughts and prayers go out to any and all who are affected by this tragedy, especially Sarah's family and friends.

With that said I'd like to add some perspective and hopefully clarify some things about the areas where the safes were found and where Sara's house is. Being local to the area I think I could help others who are not with some questions. I am not an expert and I am only speaking from experience.

A lot of people are talking about the neighbors camera footage. Now I don't know exactly what street Sarah's house was on, but I do know the area and a lot of the houses are small beach bungalow's, sometimes with no or very small driveway's. Most likely the car was parked on the street, this is very common in that area. I believe I read that it was not a next door or across the street neighbor that caught the footage, which probably means it was someone a few houses down, where it's likely her car could have been parked. The footage revealed someone (who was thought at first to be Sarah) in a red hooded windbreaker get in to her car. It could have been LM or PT who got in and drove it to the front of Sarah's house, or as close as they could to do what they had to do to get her deceased body in it. It's very possible that the camera caught someone getting in to her car, and maybe her house and what happened there was out of range for it. Just a thought.

Next I'd like to explain the areas where the safes were found:

- Sandy Hook is a national park. It is a very very small peninsula off the "main land". The only entrance to the park is where the peninsula meets the "main land", unless you arrive there by boat. The entrance has a few ticket/information booths where you pay to get in, there are camera's, and when they close the park i believe they put gates up so us regular folk can't get in and out. I also know that if you are on Sandy Hook after hours you need a permit. How those who have a permit get in and out at night I'm not too sure. Sandy Hook being a national park it is also heavily patrolled by NJ State Troopers at all hours, and there is an active Coast guard base on it. Point being, it is highly unlikely the boys drove in to the park to bury anything at night. In my opinion the only way they could have maybe accessed the park at night would have been by foot. I'm curios where exactly the safe was found and if that could have been a possibility.

-Shark River Park on the other hand I'm not very familiar with. I do believe there is one actual gate but many alternative ways you could probably bypass it and access the park. I know it is part of the Monmouth County Parks system and there are specific closing times, but I'm not sure how guarded the area is at night, if they close the gates, or if there are camera's.

:welcome6: to WS! And thank you for the local perspective, it is always helpful to those of us who haven't been to the area.

Barring any unforeseen circumstances, the cases of Liam McAtasney and Preston Taylor should be ready to be presented to a grand jury on April 3.

___

Taylor's attorney, John Perrone, is continuing his push for his client's release from jail. Perrone said after court that he filed an appeal on Wednesday challenging Bauman's order denying his release on the grounds that Taylor wound hinder the investigation.

Prosecutors have argued that before his arrest, Taylor had obstructed the investigation by first denying to detectives that he knew anything about Stern's disappearance and then by participating with McAtasney in a search for her to cast suspicion away from them.

Perrone said he argued in his appeal - which he said has been sealed by the court - that that was not enough of a reason to deny his client release from detention.

"The basic premise of bail reform is not to increase punishment," Perrone said.

Prosecutors have until March 27 to file a response, after which time the appellate court would set a date for arguments, Perrone said.

http://www.nj.com/monmouth/index.ssf/2017/03/case_of_teens_charged_in_death_of_sarah_stern_set.html

another article:

http://www.app.com/story/news/local/courts/2017/03/16/sarah-stern-murder-indictment/99259718/

636252728452993207-STERNMURDER0316E.jpg

Preston Taylor on March 16, 2017

636252728452993207-STERNMURDER0316B.jpg

Both McAtasney and Taylor sported new crewcuts as they appeared before Bauman today. Taylor also has grown a beard since his arrest on Feb. 1.

Taylor isn't going to win over any jurors with that look. He looks like a seasoned serial killer.

Taylor's attorney, John Perrone, is continuing his push for his client's release from jail. Perrone said after court that he filed an appeal on Wednesday challenging Bauman's order denying his release on the grounds that Taylor would hinder the investigation.

Prosecutors have argued that before his arrest, Taylor had obstructed the investigation by first denying to detectives that he knew anything about Stern's disappearance, and then by participating with McAtasney in a search for her to cast suspicion away from them.

Perrone said he argued in his appeal - which he said has been sealed by the court - that that was not enough of a reason to deny his client's release from detention.

"The basic premise of bail reform is not to increase punishment," Perrone said.

Prosecutors have until March 27 to file a response, after which time the appellate court would set a date for arguments, Perrone said.

http://www.nj.com/monmouth/index.ssf/2017/03/case_of_teens_charged_in_death_of_sarah_stern_set.html

Saw happy birthday balloons on Sarah's memorial on the bridge today :(
Will continue to pray for peace and justice for her and her family
Also-just read two bodies were discovered in the water off Monmouth Beach- unlikely related but you never know..
http://www.nj.com/monmouth/index.ss..._monmouth_beach.html#incart_river_mobile_home

Thank you for sharing! I am hopeful that PT was not truthful in where SS was placed, and that she was actually placed in the water at Monmouth Beach. (As far as I know, if LM and PT put SS in the location off of the Belmar bridge, it would be a miracle at best for SS to be recovered at Monmouth Beach.) I don't want to speak for everyone, but I believe we all want SS to be recovered so her family can have closure.

(I hate having to put this... innocent until proven guilty, but we all know that PT made a statement to investigators, and LM made a statement to the state's witness, so I hope that LM and PT have a slim to none chance of having their defense lawyers create doubt in the minds of the grand jury!) JUSTICE FOR SARAH!! JMO, MOO, etc.

PT's time in jail hasn't served him well..He has lost a lot of weight. Oh boo-hoo!:jail:

There was a bone found on Sandy Hook Beach. They aren't sure if it's a human bone or not. [emoji29]https://www.google.com/amp/s/patch.com/new-jersey/middletown-nj/amp/26998464/possible-human-bone-found-on-sandy-hook

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So annoying when people find something they think could be human remains, then pick it up.

Veronica : just logged in to share the same thing.. app.com has photos of the bone. Can a bone look like that after almost 4 months in the elements? Not sure how long it takes to decompose, etc.
http://www.app.com/story/news/crime.../human-femur-north-beach-sandy-hook/99685912/

I guess anything is possible. It definitely looks like a human femur bone to me. I found this article that gives some different examples of human bodies discovered at sea. https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/news-blog/how-long-do-dead-bodies-remain-inta-2009-06-10/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So this case is still going to the Grand Jury on Monday, April 3rd??

TIA! :wave:

:rose: JUSTICE FOR SARAH! :rose:

So this case is still going to the Grand Jury on Monday, April 3rd??

TIA! :wave:

:rose: JUSTICE FOR SARAH! :rose:

I've been checking to see if the docket has been posted for this (coming) week for Monmouth County. I didn't find it, but I also haven't heard anything different than the case will be going to the grand jury tomorrow. Will anyone be in attendance tomorrow?

I haven't seen any updates in MSM since it was mentioned that the case was going to the grand jury on April 3rd (yesterday).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly