NJ - Sarah Stern, 19, Neptune City, 2 Dec 2016 *Arrests* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe cause the jurors will believe him? His experts won't make sense?

74x46px-LL-59c83b81_question-marks.gif

Thursday, August 30th:
*Pretrial Motions Hearing (@ ET) - NJ - Sarah Stern (19) (Dec. 2, 2016; not found) - Liam McAtasney (19) indicted (2/2/17) with 1st degree murder, 1st degree robbery, felony murder, conspiracy to commit robbery, disturbing desecrating human remains (2nd degree), tampering with physical evidence & hindering his own apprehension. DA seeks Life.
9/18/17: Superior Court Judge Lisa P. Thornton, Monmouth County's ruled no change of venue.
3/26/18: Judge denied to suppress the videotape confession. Potential Trial date Sept. 15th.

6/18/18: Hearing on 6/18 was supposed to be LMc last chance to take a plea bargain, but… McAtasney's trial was scheduled to start on Sept. 15, but that date will likely be bumped, Monmouth County Superior Court Judge Richard English said. For one, defense attorney Carlos Diaz-Cobo took over from defense attorney Richard Moriarty in March after months of pre-trial motions had already occurred. And with the state's new speedy trial laws, other cases have deadlines that will take precedent. Next hearing 7/30.
7/30/18 Update: Def. attorney Carols Diaz-Cobo is seeking to block an expert in tides from testifying for the state at McAtasney's upcoming trial. He asked Superior Court Judge Richard W. English to hold a hearing on whether Hugh Roarty, a marine biologist at Rutgers University, can testify as an expert at McAtasney's trial for the murder of his former high school classmate. English, at a conference in the case on Monday, scheduled a hearing on the matter for Aug. 30. His accomplice Preston Taylor (19) faces up to 20 years in state prison and is subject to the No Early Release Act. He pleaded guilty to first-degree robbery, second-degree conspiracy to commit robbery, second-degree distributing or desecrating human remains, two counts of third-degree hindering apprehension and fourth-degree tampering with physical evidence. His sentencing will be adjourned until later in the year, pending McAtasney’s trial. Expected to testify at LMc's trial.

I always felt for the longest time that Sarah's body didn't go over the Belmar Bridge. Perhaps it was buried somewhere. I don't know, however whenever a skeletal remains are found in Jersey, for a moment I pray it's her for her family .

Anybody remember where the suspects buried the safe with Sarah’s money in it? Was it in the area near this bridge?

There were two spots that Liam and Preston buried security boxes. One spot was at Sandy Hook, the Second was in Shark River Park. Always hoping Sarah's body will be found. THANK YOU all so much for posting this new update re; skeleton remains in Howell.

This whole situation infuriates me. I just don't understand why they did this. Truly don't.

It truly is the worst thing ever. My daughter was Sarah's friend. One of their friends had to take a year break from college, she was so destraught. Thankfully, she is returning to finish her BA this fall. Still unbelievable and heartbreaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper