NJ - Sarah Stern, 19, Neptune City, 2 Dec 2016 *Arrests* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unidentified remains found in Howell, NJ: Skeletal Remains Found Near Bridge In Howell: Police

No idea if this could be Sarah, but investigators from the Monmouth County Prosecutor's Office were on the scene.

It’s interesting that the Prosecutor’s Office showed up at the scene, IMO.

It appears it’s approximately a 20-minute drive from Neptune City to Howell.

I believe the spot I circled in red in the second image I attached is where the remains were found (“An investigation continues near the Ramtown-Greenville Road bridge over the Muddy Ford Brook in Howell Township Tuesday evening, September 4, 2018, near where police reported skeletal remains where found.“) (BBM)
Howell skeletal remains found in woods

Since I am not familiar with the area at all, please correct me if I am wrong about any of this.

Attachments

• EEE6F58C-A997-40CE-8D86-488CD706E335.jpeg
    EEE6F58C-A997-40CE-8D86-488CD706E335.jpeg
    54.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 2173C6E2-E43A-49C5-8F24-F0DFFE54F1E0.jpeg
    2173C6E2-E43A-49C5-8F24-F0DFFE54F1E0.jpeg
    98.6 KB · Views: 9
On Howell Township Police Department’s FB page, quite a few have been posting, wondering if the remains could be those of Sarah’s:

Howell Township Police Department

Whether this turns out to be the case or not, it’s good to see that people are still thinking of her.

If it does turn out to be the case, not only would it bring her dad some closure, but it would also significantly strengthen the prosecution’s case against Liam, IMO.

With this latest development, perhaps he is sitting in jail, wishing he and his lawyer hadn’t requested so many continuances.

I have never stopped praying for Sarah 's remains to be found. Foremost for her dad Michael Stern, and many family members. Also too for her childhood friends, as well as for their parents,who watched beautiful Sarah grow into a fine young lady . It would also stop the lie that Liam and his defense hope to use, that Sarah ran away. Once again thank you for all the current news you have posted ❤

Photos of items found with remains at link. IMO, this is not Sarah.

Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office
UPDATE: In regards to the human remains found yesterday in Howell, members of the investigative team cleared the scene at approximately 2:40 p.m. this afternoon. Items discovered in the area included (Pictured in the photo gallery) a Hybrid brand zip-up hooded sweatshirt, a memorial wrist band for Kyle Guidice (Died Nov. 2008, see attached obituary for further details), a watch (stock photo pictured), pants size 32/32 with a black belt, and Nike sneakers size 8. There was a dental bridge in the upper 4 teeth of the decedent.

Anyone with information regarding the identity can contact Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office Detective Andrea Tozzi at 800-533-7443 or Howell Township Police Department Detective Corporal Nancy Carroll at 732-938-4111.

Anyone who feels the need to remain anonymous but has information about the identity can contact Monmouth County Crime Stoppers confidential telephone tip-line by calling 1-800-671-4400; can text "MONMOUTH” plus their tip to 274637; or, they can email a tip via the website at www.monmouthcountycrimestoppers.com. Monmouth County Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for information.

Monmouth County Prosecutor's Office

UPDATE: In regards to the human remains found yesterday in Howell, members of the investigative team cleared the scene at approximately 2:40 p.m. this afternoon. Items discovered in the area included (Pictured in the photo gallery) a Hybrid brand zip-up hooded sweatshirt, a memorial wrist band for Kyle Guidice (Died Nov. 2008, see attached obituary for further details), a watch (stock photo pictured), pants size 32/32 with a black belt, and Nike sneakers size 8. There was a dental bridge in the upper 4 teeth of the decedent.

Anyone with information regarding the identity can contact Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office Detective Andrea Tozzi at 800-533-7443 or Howell Township Police Department Detective Corporal Nancy Carroll at 732-938-4111.

Anyone who feels the need to remain anonymous but has information about the identity can contact Monmouth County Crime Stoppers confidential telephone tip-line by calling 1-800-671-4400; can text "MONMOUTH” plus their tip to 274637; or, they can email a tip via the website at www.monmouthcountycrimestoppers.com. Monmouth County Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for information.

Here's a thread for the UID: NJ - NJ - Monmouth CO, Hooded Sweatshirt, Memorial Band, Sz 8 Nike Shoes, Dental Bridge, Howell, Sept2018

I

I don't believe it's Sarah Stern either IMO

Have they revealed gender? The 32/32 pants make me think it's more likely a male. I really wanted Sarah to be found, but I don't want to downplay the importance of this being someone's loved one regardless of who it is.

Thho
Have they revealed gender? The 32/32 pants make me think it's more likely a male. I really wanted Sarah to be found, but I don't want to downplay the importance of this being someone's loved one regardless of who it is.

Thought the same thing regarding pants. 32 waist, 32 length. Only a males pants are labeled as such. However, someone's loved one has been found .

I used to buy men's jeans for myself, so it would probably be 24 waist, 32 length.....
I think the remains may possibly belong to a female also because of the size of the shoes found: Size 8, which is relatively small for a man or even a teenage boy, IMO.

I would like to know if that’s in men’s size (which translates to size size 9.5 in women’s). They can find out just by looking inside the shoes (“M” for men’s and “W” for women’s).

I wear both men’s and women’s since there are more (and often cooler) styles to choose from in men’s, especially when it comes to sneakers.

It would also make sense, IMO, to show pictures of the shoes, IMO, or at least give a description since a lot of kids, especially teens, are into sneakers (my 14-year-old is a shoe nut and so are many of his friends). It’s often something they pay more attention to than a hoodie, watch, etc.

I believe you on the sneakers. I was stopped at a light & was watching some school kids walk by & all had on uniforms from school, but their sneakers were ALL kids of colors & designs! I too think men's clothes have better selections! :)

Wondering IF the trial will start 9/10?

I believe you on the sneakers. I was stopped at a light & was watching some school kids walk by & all had on uniforms from school, but their sneakers were ALL kids of colors & designs! I too think men's clothes have better selections! :)

Wondering IF the trial will start 9/10?
It appears information regarding current superior court criminal cases is not available online in the state of NJ:

Only defendants with a case(s) on which he or she was convicted and sentenced in Superior Court, will display in your search results. No other defendants will display.” (BBM)

Criminal Cases: PROMIS/Gavel Public Access

Certain information can be purchased by submitting a Public Access Request to the Superior Court Clerk's Office.

Public Access Reports

So it appears we just have to go by MSM reports, IMO.

I think the remains may possibly belong to a female also because of the size of the shoes found: Size 8, which is relatively small for a man or even a teenage boy, IMO.

I would like to know if that’s in men’s size (which translates to size size 9.5 in women’s). They can find out just by looking inside the shoes (“M” for men’s and “W” for women’s).

I wear both men’s and women’s since there are more (and often cooler) styles to choose from in men’s, especially when it comes to sneakers.

It would also make sense, IMO, to show pictures of the shoes, IMO, or at least give a description since a lot of kids, especially teens, are into sneakers (my 14-year-old is a shoe nut and so are many of his friends). It’s often something they pay more attention to than a hoodie, watch, etc.

You have a point re female. However,still do not believe it's Sarah . When the family had the search for Sarah beginning in Ocean Grove, NJ we were given certain clothing items and shoes to look for. None of the items found in Howell seem to look like what we were told by police to look for.

It appears information regarding current superior court criminal cases is not available online in the state of NJ:

Only defendants with a case(s) on which he or she was convicted and sentenced in Superior Court, will display in your search results. No other defendants will display.” (BBM)

Criminal Cases: PROMIS/Gavel Public Access

Certain information can be purchased by submitting a Public Access Request to the Superior Court Clerk's Office.

Public Access Reports

So it appears we just have to go by MSM reports, IMO.

How can the trial begin 9/10 ? The judge has not addressed a motion filed to rule on whether RU tide expert can testify for the prosecution? . The judge was supposed to make his determination on Aug 30,18, however did this date get
postponed ?

You have a point re female. However,still do not believe it's Sarah . When the family had the search for Sarah beginning in Ocean Grove, NJ we were given certain clothing items and shoes to look for. None of the items found in Howell seem to look like what we were told by police to look for.

I don’t believe it was Sarah either. By now I think the authorities would have confirmation if it was. The person had a dental bridge.

>>snip

There was a dental bridge in the upper 4 teeth of the person who died, authorities said.

Authorities: Remains found in New Jersey wooded area are human

How can the trial begin 9/10 ? The judge has not addressed a motion filed to rule on whether RU tide expert can testify for the prosecution? . The judge was supposed to make his determination on Aug 30,18, however did this date get
postponed ?

If there was a hearing on Aug. 30 (“[Superior Court Judge Richard W.] English at a conference in the case on Monday, scheduled a hearing on the matter for Aug. 30.”), I have not been able to find any information on it.

Also from the article linked above:

“English said the defense may be hiring its own experts, which could lead to further pretrial hearings. He scheduled a conference in the case for Sept. 17.

‘The state did arrive today ready to proceed to trial,’ Christopher Decker, assistant Monmouth County prosecutor, told the judge. ‘The issues discussed put a hold on that.'’

The case had previously been expected to go to trial in September.” (BBM)

So it doesn’t appear that they have a trial date set as of now. Sarah’s poor father ....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member