GUILTY NJ - Trial of Christopher Gregor Allegedly Beat 6-Year-OId Son to Death #2 *NG murder, Guilty endangering welfare, agg manslaughter*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Won’t give him max because he has no prior record!

Count 1 - 5 years
Count 2 - 20 years (has to complete 85% before release)

Consecutive!!! Judge says the treadmill incident is separate and making this concurrent would be giving the defendant a “free crime” on that one.

So we are hearing 20 + 5 years and based on discussion almost sounds like concurrent. Until I heard judge just say, no ‘free’ crimes and timing of offenses and separate acts. Still seems need a fingers crossed emoji. MOO

Won’t give him max because he has no prior record!

Count 1 - 5 years
Count 2 - 20 years (has to complete 85% before release)
I’ve followed many trials over the years and when a “expert Witness” takes the stand they go through a process of being “qualified”.

Does this not happen at a hearing?

From everything posted here regarding this witness it appears that Odinism is not her area of expertise.
Makes me so angry. Because the history is there, but "someone" went behind CG and cleaned up his messes.

Maybe if CG was held accountable for smaller things, we wouldn't be here.

And Corey still would.

JMO

He’s 32 so he’ll be early 50s by the time he gets out. The issue is that the jury found him NG of the murder charge otherwise he’d do life. So the way the law is written for this conviction it allows him to be out after a long sentence. Smh.

Separate incidences

Judge rules consecutive sentences.

So 25 years.
I’m really hoping the judge did it this way to minimize the chances of a successful appeal. Making sure the record is clear that all factors were considered and some rulings were “pro-defense.” It is a pretty light sentence but maybe the judge has seen extreme sentences over ruled and it is VERY clear that certain enabling parents will appeal until all appeals are exhausted with high priced attorneys. NJ tends to be a bit on the “sympathetic” side - I’m in NJ.

ETA - weki is right - the jury verdict also limited the sentence. A good example of “sympathetic” NJ. I 100% would have convicted of murder.

I noted that his mother was not anywhere near Dad if there at all. I think this may have caused a rift between them and marriage in jeopardy..just a guess. His Dad is really something. CG is pleased with himself as he sits there...he will be back on the streets at some point and deserved much more.

I’m really hoping the judge did it this way to minimize the chances of a successful appeal. Making sure the record is clear that all factors were considered and some rulings were “pro-defense.” It is a pretty light sentence but maybe the judge has seen extreme sentences over ruled and it is VERY clear that certain enabling parents will appeal until all appeals are exhausted with high priced attorneys. NJ tends to be a bit on the “sympathetic” side - I’m in NJ.

ETA - weki is right - the jury verdict also limited the sentence. A good example of “sympathetic” NJ. I 100% would have convicted of murder.
i would have gone with murder too.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela