NJ - Trial of Christopher Gregor Allegedly Beat 6-Year-OId Son to Death

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well. A teacher for special needs children? I see potential for additional trials. He’s obviously a sadist - how could he resist taunting his students when nobody sees him. All parents at that school should demand police views videos from there.

I guess that must be a pretty obvious next step here.

My cooperating teacher, when I was student teaching, told me something I never forgot. When a child is humiliated at school…the result is a druggie, a dropout, or a delinquent. This is how I see Brianna…turned on, bullied and humiliated by her once friends…which leads to using drugs to cope…which leads to be susceptible to an older brother of a classmate who manipulates or forces her into sex. That’s my guess anyway.

And she hasn’t the confidence to call it ‘rape’…or to ask him to pay his share…until her Mother insists. But when they take steps, the G family outmaneuvers her, once again humiliating her as ‘trashy’…they are the RIGHT kind of people, she isn’t…to raise her child. They were punishing her for tarnishing the perfect family image, IMO.

Didn’t she testify that CG would tell her he did not want to be seen with her at sports games…too trashy…he knew just where she was vulnerable. Perhaps that empowered his actions, made him feel all the more untouchable…no one would believe the trashy druggie over the Son-of-the-Trooper.

I can only imagine how helpless she felt when, from the start, Corey came home with bruises. But thosebruises finally empowered HER. She loved Corey enough, that she found the strength to fight for him…over and over…though without success. Always trying to get help, yet trying to stay within the courts orders..lest she have to put him full time with his alleged abuser.

That’s my opinion anyway…I see her as a tragic heroine…victimized in so many ways. I hope our justice system does not fail her.

RSBM for focus.

CG's dad was former law enforcement and I'm guessing, MOO, that he was strictly against anyone taking illicit drugs. I'm sure they knew their son had issues, but maybe they thought he would step up to the plate and taking on this responsibility would make him a better man. Plus, I'm guessing that CG always had an excuse why Corey had a bruise and they wanted to believe it.

Big mistake.

There are things I question from both CG's and BM's stories.

Like getting pregnant via SA. MOO, but when a male truly rapes you -- you don't tell him you're pregnant. You don't go near him. You tell the cops if you're brave enough, but you don't go chatting up the rapist.

MOO

The other thing I question that BM claims is that she didn't realize the state would go after child support if she gave them Corey's dad's name. I'm sure the grandmother thought it was important for CG to pay his fair share, but if Corey was conceived in rape, I think it's unlikely BM would have offered up his name. She had to have known it would bring her rapist back into her life.

And then there were the drugs. It's hard for me to believe that a mother who puts drugs before her child really cares all that much. The grandmother seemed to be the rock in that family.

I think both CG and BM are losers as parents. Little Corey never had a chance with those two.

JMOO

OK assumingly BM was not the best of moms. But she didn't torture her son and he wasn't murdered while in her custody. CG is a born sadist and a criminal. The case is about him.
Biting his kid makes me wonder if he had some other impulses that he tried to suppress.

This sad case reminds me another case, where the accusing mother, was written off for being "crazy", and her ex husband and his GF made the children sleep in the garage. The ex was a police officer, and the little boy froze to death in a garage. No excuse.

In that case, I believe that kids' autistic traits came from the dad and that the "evil stepmother" vas even more at fault as she manipulated the family. Both parents fully deserve their jail time.

@cathyrusson

The trial for the man accused of killing his son returns this week on Wednesday. On Friday, we expect defendant #ChristopherGregor to testify in his own defense.

Really ! I really did not expect him to testify. Surely it’s against advice of counsel IMO That will open him up to SO many questions especially about the treadmill video. Ofc We know that didn’t directly cause the death but it’s video evidence of abuse. How do you explain a grown man biting a child’s head? Does he think he will outsmart the prosecution?

Really ! I really did not expect him to testify. Surely it’s against advice of counsel IMO That will open him up to SO many questions especially about the treadmill video. Ofc We know that didn’t directly cause the death but it’s video evidence of abuse. How do you explain a grown man biting a child’s head? Does he think he will outsmart the prosecution?

Let him talk...hehe
and dig a hole...

I didn't think he would either.

Honestly, this case doesn't sit well with me.

Corey seemed like the sweetest little boy and yet he had two rather lousy parents.

They both blame one another for the child's death.

As I understand it -- not only will Chris testify on Friday, so will a respected forensic pathologist who will testify that Corey actually died from sepsis from pneumonia. What will that do to the prosecution's case?

I think CG is a spoiled brat in an adult body who resented having a son with BM. But, I can't help but get a bad feeling that BM was also lying. She claims she had to drive herself to the football tryouts because CG thought she was "too trashy" to ride with him and Corey. She claims he raped her so why would she even want to ride with her rapist?

And, she had to have known the state would drag CG into their lives if she named him as the father. Girls who want to avoid that answer say that they didn't know the father or they were assaulted by a stranger.

I get the distinct feeling there's a lot more to this story than either side is willing to share.

I also get the feeling that CG's parents believe him and they blame BM for Corey's death.

What a horrible drama.

“Gregor’s defense has also hired a consulting forensic pathologist who determined Corey’s manner of death was “natural.” Defense attorney Mario Gallucci clarified further in a written statement to Court TV that Corey’s death was caused by “complications from pneumonia.”

Battle of the experts at this point. From what I watched, IMO Dr Andrew comes very highly credentialed, so the defense pathologist will need to be highly educated as well in order to compete with this prior experts opinion. MOO

Very interested to see how this defense pathologist will be able to connect “complications from pneumonia” and a “natural” death with the two prior doctors findings acknowledging blunt force trauma with internal injuries.

[snip]

Very interested to see how this defense pathologist will be able to connect “complications from pneumonia” and a “natural” death with the two prior doctors findings acknowledging blunt force trauma with internal injuries.
SBM for focus: This. I too am curious how they plan to get past the blunt force internal injury findings. Because I do not find it credible that those injurie came from resuscitation efforts. Particularly after the ER doc testified upon removing Corey's clothes the bruise to his chest was visible and that was PRIOR to any resuscitation efforts being implemented.

The more we think about it....

A "highly esteemed" doctor saying that pneumonia/infection/sepsis would be the cause or connected with a laceration on the heart and liver, and contusion of the liver.... is simply laughable.

Also, the timeline of 4/2, the day of little Corey's tragic death.

8:36am: Corey brought to apartment of Christopher. Audio of Corey talking, He was able to walk himself into Christopher's apartment.
========
TEXTS:
8:36am to Marci
She just dropped him off

8:57am Marci to Christopher
Yeah that's pretty bad. Is he alright?

9:05am to Marci
Yeah
======================
Christopher says to Marci that Corey is alright at 9:05am & again to Amy at 9:55am
========================
9:54am Amy to Christopher
He's ok though, right?

9:55am to Amy
Yeahhh
========================

11:53am to Marci
Well since I took off from work and my son is sleeping, I'm just hanging out. How about you?
========≈===============
By 11:53am, Christopher claims Corey is asleep.

So ......
What happened between 9:54am and 11:53am???? THAT IS MY QUESTION.

ALSO Between 9 and noon: Breanna says in an interview there is a neighbor of Christopher who says they saw Corey walking the dog in the morning. (WHY HAS THIS PERSON NOT BEEN CALLED!)

At some point, Christopher also ordered McDonald's delivery. Was this no contact delivery? Did a driver see Christopher in person? Did he hear Corey inside the apartment, excited for a happy meal (which was found in the trashcan)?

2:06pm- selfie with pale Corey "sleeping" sent to Marci
Don't think I'm moving soon

2:13pm to Marci
Want to talk on the phone?

3:22pm to Marci
I'm sooo excited haha

And by 3:40pm CHRISTOPHER IS CARRYING COREY INTO THE HOSPITAL EMERGENCY ROOM

I am sure Christopher will fill us in on the deets on Friday!
/s

I think one of the answers is in the term ‘Rape’…which has a broader definition these days. CG probably did not force her into a dark alley. But she was 16, maybe a virgin or maybe just less inexperienced, or maybe just vulnerable…and maybe he took things further than she wanted.

Young girls who are bullied and ‘driven from the teenage herd’ are so susceptible to any kindness….especially from someone like an older attractive brother of her classmate. Their self-esteem is so low…positive attention is so rare…they can be easy targets for sexual exploitation…followed by ridicule.

I’m not sure if that qualifies as ‘rape’…but it is emotional violence.

Maybe she thought he really liked her and afterward he made fun of her or laughed at her… and she remembers the unwelcome part as being forced and not just ‘forceful.’

Maybe she did want to avoid him and thats why it took years for the truth to come out. But now, she must share the only good thing in her life, her child…with him. My guess is that she is so emotionally damaged at this point, and frightened of the court system, that her fear of losing Corey is far greater than her repulsion at being in the presence of CG.

Did she have her own car…money for gas…at the time she asked for a ride to Corey’s game? Maybe she was trying her best to be a supportive mother..or even to co-parent with him as the Court instructed. In my mind, she was. trying to stay clean, trying to be a good parent, trying to obey the court, trying for Corey’s sake to get along with CG…and seeing those bruises, her fear growing exponentially.

As for the drugs victims of bullying and ostracism, don’t always cope in the pretty legal pharmaceutical ways that society smiles on. I cannot imagine the stress she lived under. After all she has been through, I say…let’s walk a mile in HER shoes.

In my opinion, she did her best .

I am not an authority on pneumonia, but I have had it twice, and not the walking around type.

SO, it's hard for me to believe a young boy close to dying from pneumonia would not have been noticed by three medical facilities. I could barely breath, and coughing up yuck. And a lot of chest/back pain. NOT, just a little tired.

As for Dr B, what can I say. Paid gun making a lot of money. Last few cases he was involved in, makes me doubt his opinions.

Edit: oh, very hard to sleep because I could not breath well. Bending over bed couching up stuff.

Last edited:
I am not an authority on pneumonia, but I have had it twice, and not the walking around type.

SO, it's hard for me to believe a young boy close to dying from pneumonia would not have been noticed by three medical facilities. I could barely breath, and coughing up yuck. And a lot of chest/back pain. NOT, just a little tired.

As for Dr B, what can I say. Paid gun making a lot of money. Last few cases he was involved in, makes me doubt his opinions.

Edit: oh, very hard to sleep because I could not breath well. Bending over bed couching up stuff.
I agree about severe pneumonia -- he would have (MOO) been hacking and coughing up like crazy.

But, from what I understand--and I could be very wrong--the expert is going to claim the death was due to sepsis, meaning the body reacted to pneumonia unexpectedly, so maybe CG never experienced severe pneumonia because sepsis took over.

What I assume the expert will say is that sepsis can lead to organ necrosis, which can look like tissue damage and lacerations during an autopsy.

Of course I don't know if that's what happened but I have a feeling it could put a doubt in the minds of the jurors.

I agree about severe pneumonia -- he would have (MOO) been hacking and coughing up like crazy.

But, from what I understand--and I could be very wrong--the expert is going to claim the death was due to sepsis, meaning the body reacted to pneumonia unexpectedly, so maybe CG never experienced severe pneumonia because sepsis took over.

What I assume the expert will say is that sepsis can lead to organ necrosis, which can look like tissue damage and lacerations during an autopsy.

Of course I don't know if that's what happened but I have a feeling it could put a doubt in the minds of the jurors.
I suspect defense grasping on straws...hopefully jury will see through it. What other defense do they have?

I suspect defense grasping on straws...hopefully jury will see through it. What other defense do they have?
They very well could be grasping at straws, but it's a grasp that's backed by medical science, so the jury (or at least a member or two) might find it challenging to find him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

Friday should be interesting.

They very well could be grasping at straws, but it's a grasp that's backed by medical science, so the jury (or at least a member or two) might find it challenging to find him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

Friday should be interesting.
I hope not. And I think it was Dr Andrews that said scans of a deceased person might not be reliable to confirm pneumonia in this case. And you have sepsis left. Can you get beginning of sepsis after blunt force trauma to organs after 4-5, 9 hours? And not shown on previous blood work?

“How Long Does It Take to Die From Sepsis?

When treatment or medical intervention is missing, sepsis is a leading cause of death, more significant than breast cancer, lung cancer, or heart attack. Research shows that the condition can kill an affected person in as little as 12 hours. Being empowered with the correct information to notice the tell-tale signs and receive immediate treatment could save a life.
(…)
While most people recover from mild sepsis, the mortality rate for septic shock is approximately 40%”

I had no idea it could act this quickly? IMO I assumed it would take far far longer than that. There is more on the page that discusses infants, seniors and those with compromised immune systems are most at risk, of course. Correct me if I’m wrong.. I don’t recall hearing any chronic illness health issues with Corey (other than ongoing suspected abuse) MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truth Exposed