GUILTY NM - Albuquerque, UID child buried at playground, May'09 - Tyruss Toribio

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
the article above says that the boy appears to be "Native American or Hispanic". I doubt he's even been reported missing, as they would have probably already determined his identity by now.

unless he's from Mexico and was somehow transported across the border for burial? or, died while crossing? or he's from out of state and out of state authorities haven't determined his identity yet.

I was reading over this thread, and it's full of a lot of really possible scenarios.

I was also thinking that maybe it was a situation where the parents are divorced and the mom (for instance) gave the child to his father for the weekend and thus she isn't thinking to report her son missing, because she thinks he's with his dad.

I think, regardless of the scenario, it's just going to take some time for someone to realize this poor little boy is gone, whether it's a relative, teacher, neighbor, parents, etc.

Vigil held for unidentified boy found at the park: http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S934379.shtml?cat=500

Dozens of people came together Saturday night for a candlelight vigil for the boy being called "Baby Justice" by community members.

Police continue to release new details about the boy found buried in Alvarado Park in Northeast Heights in Albuquerque Friday afternoon.

An autopsy performed Saturday shows the young child was 3'2" tall and 38 pounds with short dark hair. Police are also saying he was Hispanic or Native American.

Detectives say the boy was wearing size nine, black Sketchers with lime green stripes. He was also wearing a size 3T Arizona brand red shirt with a monster truck design. Arizona brand clothing is sold at JCPenney stores.

Neighbors brought bears and flowers throughout the day Saturday to the spot where he was found buried Friday afternoon by a mother who brought her children to the park.

Park officials replaced the sand in the entire playground Saturday morning.

Anyone with information is encouraged to call 242-COPS or 877-SOLV-APD.

Baby Justice, I pray you will be identified soon. :rose:

Tragic news -- poor baby.

My assumption, the parents are illegals and were/are fearful of coming forward, or he was being smuggled into the county and died in route. This week in Houston, a fifteen year old boy died of dehydration while being smuggled into the country. The smugglers contacted the family and told them to bring money and water and to come pick up the boy. When the family arrived, they found the fifteen year old in a truck and he was dead. Smugglers were long gone.

I do wonder why the autopsy of the three year old revealed no cause of death.

Height, weight and size of clothes all match-this makes me a little more hopeful that this was not a lifetime of abuse situation. I mean the child seems the size of a 3 year old, which is the estimate, correct?? That and no other traumatic injuries as noted....What if he died from swine flu or something like that and was illegal? Although burying him in playground sand is incredibly sad and strange....it required little effort.

Is it just me or should they question the woman with all the children again??

Height, weight and size of clothes all match-this makes me a little more hopeful that this was not a lifetime of abuse situation. I mean the child seems the size of a 3 year old, which is the estimate, correct?? That and no other traumatic injuries as noted....What if he died from swine flu or something like that and was illegal? Although burying him in playground sand is incredibly sad and strange....it required little effort.

Is it just me or should they question the woman with all the children again??

They need to question the woman with the children again. I'm not sure why they were questioning her in the first place, but to me it's suspicious. Also, there were reports that she had several children, one age 10 or so (I think)..that 10 year old would be old enough to know if he/she was missing their little brother. I know police rarely question the children, but in this case, it may be crucial. The child is a lot less likely to lie than the adult.

If you zoom in on momtective's map, it just makes this tragic discovery that much more bizarre. Once you're at the "street view" level, standing in the roadway just outside the park and the area where this child was located, you'll notice that there are houses within plain sight and just across the street from this playground area with an unobstructed view. The area where this child was found is well lit. There is a street light perched right on the edge of the playground area of the park.
LE is saying that heat from the sand discolored the body. I find that a bit odd, but something else. How long are we thinking he was in the sand if the heat from it discolored his lil body? LE says he had been deceased for more than 48 hours, or no more than 48 hours (I confused myself, sorry). That means he'd have had to be in the sand for 48 hours or less. This is a public playground and there will be children. Reasonably, how long could this child have been here without someone's child digging in this sand and finding...... kwim?
Heat from the sand, in my mind, equates being in the sand during the day before (minimum) but how could he be there for say, 24 hours and not be discovered? IN A SANDBOX IN A PUBLIC PARK!!!
And his foot, that bothers me a lot. Someone went to the trouble of burying him and left his foot sticking out? IF he suffocated in that sand, there would be no marks or obvious signs of trauma, correct? Is it possible some sick #%$*%$)*#* buried him and left him to.....well, you know.
Or, were they in a hurry and overlooked the foot? I don't see how. Those million candle power phosphorus street lights leave little to the imagination. I would think a black shoe would be pretty easy to spot atop sand. That is of course if the light was working.
It's just got to be someone familiar with that area in a big way. And someone who wanted him found, quickly. Seems to me that it makes the most sense that our lil mystery guy was deceased before he was buried there? And that he was placed there during the overnight hours before he was found the next morning? They focused on this woman who was seen in the park with four children late the night before. From that I gather they have a time frame and this woman was in the park close to the suspected time he was buried.
I just think this is a bizarre place to leave him and it doesn't look like someone would have preplanned to put a child here. Whoever did this would have to know no one would be looking when they left him there. That would mean they'd visited the park frequently, at night, and possibly into the wee hours of the morning. Not many people are going to get in their car and drive to a park in the middle of the night for recreation. Unless they know the area intimately.
What do you want to bet that in one of those houses, within just two or three blocks of the dump site, someone is acting really, really strange and they know who this child is?
Thanks for the map momtective. It really helps to put things into perspective.

ETA: The "I gather" part, about the time frame? I gather that only from my own speculation...nothing more. I've not heard or read that anywhere.

Thanks for the map, yes it's very open, not even any bushes.
It makes me think it was a game of "buried in the sand" (whatever it's called) that went terribly wrong.
Whatever happened, very sad...: (

Sand absorbs the sun and can be very hot. I play sand volleyball and it burns to stand on sand in bare feet in the summer or even on hot spring days.

that and the texture of sand could've very well burned the body badly.

It was very hot in Albuquerque recently, that can't help. The child was most likely buried at night and the shoe sticking out was an oversight.

I hope this is not connected, but another poster mentioned it on James' thread so I thought I would also mention it here. There is an AMBER Alert in North Carolina right now for a 3 year old boy, James Harris. It is quite a distance, but you never know...

UID reported 3'2" - James reported 3'0" (ETA: Possibly 4'0" instead. Discrepancies among posters.)
UID reported 38 lbs - James reported 40 lbs
UID short dark hair - James short black hair
UID Hispanic / Native American - James is Black (somewhat light skinned)
Clothing descriptions do not match, but James has been gone for nearly a week

Praying that it is not him. A sketch of the UID child would help a lot.

I hope this is not connected, but another poster mentioned it on James' thread so I thought I would also mention it here. There is an AMBER Alert in North Carolina right now for a 3 year old boy, James Harris. It is quite a distance, but you never know...

UID reported 3'2" - James reported 3'0" (ETA: Possibly 4'0" instead. Discrepancies among posters.)
UID reported 38 lbs - James reported 40 lbs
UID short dark hair - James short black hair
UID Hispanic / Native American - James is Black (somewhat light skinned)
Clothing descriptions do not match, but James has been gone for nearly a week

Praying that it is not him. A sketch of the UID child would help a lot.

I thought about that too. It is kind of a long shot (just because of the distance) but who knows.

It was very hot in Albuquerque recently, that can't help.
The child was most likely buried at night and the shoe sticking out was an oversight.....

colette, I agree.
The child was buried quickly, possibly by someone who did NOT have a vehicle or access to better hiding places...

imo, The sandpile seems like a place a teenager or woman would think of..

another reason he hasn't been ID'd yet: perhaps he's a foster child.

I hope the state of NM is checking on all the boys in foster care in the state in that age range right now.

so have the police definitely said that a cause of death can't be determined?

he was only there for 48 hours, and children that age are not likely to die of natural causes obviously - I find it so strange that they can't find a cause of death.

another reason he hasn't been ID'd yet: perhaps he's a foster child.

I hope the state of NM is checking on all the boys in foster care in the state in that age range right now.

Even so, someone (neighbors, teacher at preschool if he went, etc) should've noticed that he's missing..

Even so, someone (neighbors, teacher at preschool if he went, etc) should've noticed that he's missing..

yeah but I could see how a foster kid that's being shuffled around homes or in the care of the state could be overlooked. I can see how a neighbor who knows that their neighbor cares for foster kids could think, I haven't seen that kid in a while, he must have gone to another home. remember Rilya Wilson - nobody realized she was missing for a long time. or that 10 year old boy (can't remember his name) that was just reported missing after 10 years recently, when people realized he hadn't been seen in a while.

My first thought was foster child too after hearing about the lady with 4 kids. I also thought he could be a child someone adopted from overseas.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back