GUILTY NM - Albuquerque, UID child buried at playground, May'09 - Tyruss Toribio

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is so horrible. What happened to this dear child? I hope they are able to identify and persecute the personal responsible soon. The poor parent who found this child, how would one ever get over something like this. Oh my.

Momtective I was hoping that he has already attended school. Pre-k or K teachers might recognize that they have a child that is missing school. That could lead to his identification possibly.

They were reporting this morning that the shirt was a size 3T and the shoes were size 10. Based on that I am thinking he is probably closer to the 3 year old range than the 5. Unfortunately, if that is the case he may have not been in pre-school yet.

Whomever put him there must have wanted him to be found. Why on Earth would you want him to be found (possibly) by other children?!

They were reporting this morning that the shirt was a size 3T and the shoes were size 10. Based on that I am thinking he is probably closer to the 3 year old range than the 5. Unfortunately, if that is the case he may have not been in pre-school yet.

Yeah, that's probably not a 5 year old child then, unless the child is very small.

Poor baby.....

I wish they would at least release a description of him. I think it would help.

This is so sad. I have take my own children to this park and I am kinda baffled by this one. This is a very busy park, there are always alot of people there. I don't think he could have been there too long without anybody noticing him. The fact that there are no reported missing children here in Albuquerque leads me to believe this was probably a parent that was responsible for his death. Prayers going up for this little boy.

I"m sorry this happened in a park you've been to. I imagine you feel violated as well. When horrible things happen....it touches so many people. We just got a park across the street from us last year. DH and I never had kids and we so enjoy watching the little ones running and playing and laughing. I hope like mad the perp is jumping at his or her own shadow as I type. I hope the perp is seeing this little guy in every corner accusing him/her.

Police in Albuquerque, N.M., search park for evidence: 'Every minute counts'

updated 10:20 a.m. ET, Sat., May 16, 2009
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. - Forensic experts searched a public park late into the night for evidence of who buried the body of a little boy in the playground's sand.
The investigation began Friday afternoon when a woman who took her children to the city park in Albuquerque spotted part of child's shoe sticking out of the sand. She called police.
Investigators later found the body of a boy they believe is between the ages of 3 and 5.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30779474

Is it the possible that the parent/parents left him with a young sitter for the weekend. The caregiver and child were playing in the park and the child was buried in the sand in play. (Like some people do at the beach). When the cargiver realized the child had suffocated they panicked and took off. This might explain why the child has not been declared missing as yet.

Is it the possible that the parent/parents left him with a young sitter for the weekend. The caregiver and child were playing in the park and the child was buried in the sand in play. (Like some people do at the beach). When the cargiver realized the child had suffocated they panicked and took off. This might explain why the child has not been declared missing as yet.

Yeah, that's a good theory. I wonder how he was buried though. If it was like shallow grave type thing (where someone obviously put him there) then it may discredit that.

Something I was thinking about- He must have been placed there overnight. I wonder if the park has any kind of security cameras, a lot of lighting, etc at night. This was a pretty brave act by someone.

So I'm assuming it is not the 3 year old missing from California? It is right off of I-40. Lots of gang activity in Albuquerque.

So I'm assuming it is not the 3 year old missing from California? It is right off of I-40. Lots of gang activity in Albuquerque.

Are you talking about Briant Rodriguez? If so, he was possibly found alive today. LE is just waiting on his mother to go and identify him. Someone dropped him off at an FBI office in MexCali , from what I understand. :) There's more info though in this thread, in the missing people section.

If he's in preschool though, I think most preschools are already out for the summer. I know my daughters is, at least (it ended last week). Kindergarten would be a different story though.

I work in a Head Start program, and we're still going up until June 10th. And our full-year program goes, well, full-year:)
And we can't forget day care centers and the like.

I hope this poor little guy didn't suffer from ongoing abuse throughout his short little life :(

A little more information released:

An autopsy is underway on the unidentified body of a boy between the ages of three and five recovered from a playground at Alvarado Park in Northeast Heights Friday afternoon. Albuquerque Police are pleading for help from the public to help identify the child.

Early Saturday, Albuquerque Police Chief Ray Schultz said the victim's body has been removed from the sand. He describes the victim as three foot four and says the heat from the sand has discolored the body, making the ethnicity of the child difficult to determine.

The victim was clothed in a red, short-sleeved t-shirt with a 4x4 truck design and Sketchers-type tennis shoes that are black with white and lime stripes. The victim’s socks are described as short, white socks. The body was also wearing black, nylon running pants styled like sweatpants with a red stripe.

The shirt is Arizona brand and size 3T.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S933199.shtml?cat=500

A little more information released:

An autopsy is underway on the unidentified body of a boy between the ages of three and five recovered from a playground at Alvarado Park in Northeast Heights Friday afternoon. Albuquerque Police are pleading for help from the public to help identify the child.

Early Saturday, Albuquerque Police Chief Ray Schultz said the victim's body has been removed from the sand. He describes the victim as three foot four and says the heat from the sand has discolored the body, making the ethnicity of the child difficult to determine.

The victim was clothed in a red, short-sleeved t-shirt with a 4x4 truck design and Sketchers-type tennis shoes that are black with white and lime stripes. The victim’s socks are described as short, white socks. The body was also wearing black, nylon running pants styled like sweatpants with a red stripe.

The shirt is Arizona brand and size 3T.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S933199.shtml?cat=500

Whoa. That's crazy about the sand. :eek:

Albuquerque police are trying to unravel the mystery of how the unidentified body of a small boy wound up buried in an Albuquerque playground after a preliminary autopsy provided no clues about how the child died.
"There were no obvious signs or cause of death," Albuquerque police spokesman John Walsh said Saturday after receiving the results of a preliminary autopsy from the state Office of the Medical Investigator. (more at link)

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,520410,00.html

Wow you think they could atleast tell the etnicity from his feet. I mean his feet should have been pretty well insulated with the shoes and socks. I didn't know sand could do such a thing crazy. I wish they would try to do a sketch anyway, somebody would have to know something.

I wonder if there could be more to this. Maybe a family abduction or something. Maybe a single mother raising a child alone someone abducted both of them kept her and she is still alive or dumped her body else where? She might have no family around or they just haven't realized she is gone yet? I just hope this isn't another child murdered by the person who was suppose to love them. Either way it is tragic and sad!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back