NM - Alexee Trevizo, 19, Charged with murder of newborn in trash can, Artesia, Jan 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This info is on the videos: There were two test results, though. One was pregnancy confirmation. Those are so simple, you can get them as home tests. Evidently, Alexee had been presented with this one. She claimed she was a virgin. The second test was a blood draw. That was to determine how far along Alexee was.

If she had the drugs BEFORE any test results, she must have taken them at home? The phentarmine she must have taken at home; it's a diet drug. If @Hexe is right about codeine being a precursor to morphine, Alexee could very well have taken it at home. From the sister, it sounded like Alexee had been in extreme pain all that day and into the night before. So, she could have taken a very strong drug not-prescribed. Maybe there was even hydrocodone lying around at home for some reason?
If Alexee had any drug AFTER any test result, the hospital must have administered it.
Yes. I have a full bottle lying around. The dentist prescribed it for a wisdom teeth extraction. I didn’t take even one. Ibuprofen worked fine.

Yes. I have a full bottle lying around. The dentist prescribed it for a wisdom teeth extraction. I didn’t take even one. Ibuprofen worked fine.
Exactly. And it's got so I irrationally feel like a thief-target if I ever have any of that stuff in my possession.

Listening to the LE interview on video when the officer is talking to family right after the incident. The boyfriend says Alexee was suffering from extreme back pain for hours. Then he gets kinda vague. I'm guessing from how he fudges that it started the night before. I bet she got hold of codeine and used it in those hours.

Alexee also managed to get birth control pills while living under her mother's eagle eye, so she had her sources..... Come to think of it, the birth control pills mean she had likely interacted with some kind of health professional? This would make it even more extreme that she didn't take the hospital staff into her confidence, since she would have had a history of doing so.

I have no knowledge at all about black market birth control pills? And no knowledge about how you'd know what to take; it's not exactly aspirin. Really, all Alexee needed to do was to go to Planned Parenthood and talk to a health professional to get a prescription. At low cost. She had been over 18 for over a year. She might even have been able to walk-in and get basic exam and pills. No prob.

The story behind how she got those birth control pills is gonna be interesting. It might reveal she knows a lot more about pregnancy than she's letting on.

Exactly. And it's got so I irrationally feel like a thief-target if I ever have any of that stuff in my possession.

Listening to the LE interview on video when the officer is talking to family right after the incident. The boyfriend says Alexee was suffering from extreme back pain for hours. Then he gets kinda vague. I'm guessing from how he fudges that it started the night before. I bet she got hold of codeine and used it in those hours.

Alexee also managed to get birth control pills while living under her mother's eagle eye, so she had her sources..... Come to think of it, the birth control pills mean she had likely interacted with some kind of health professional? This would make it even more extreme that she didn't take the hospital staff into her confidence, since she would have had a history of doing so.

I have no knowledge at all about black market birth control pills? And no knowledge about how you'd know what to take; it's not exactly aspirin. Really, all Alexee needed to do was to go to Planned Parenthood and talk to a health professional to get a prescription. At low cost. She had been over 18 for over a year. She might even have been able to walk-in and get basic exam and pills. No prob.

The story behind how she got those birth control pills is gonna be interesting. It might reveal she knows a lot more about pregnancy than she's letting on.
Do we know for sure if Alexee was on birth control pills? I read she said b.c. pills were to blame for her weight gain- but she seems to like lying imo.

There are so many variables in this case. It's obvious from her mother's behavior that she has a controlling influence over her daughter insofar that she uses extreme measures to ensure AT doesn't become sexually active. But her method, talking about not wanting to be one of those girls who ends up murdering her child after an unwanted pregnancy, seems to have backfired. AT, in her futile attempts to keep her lost virginity and pregnancy from her mother, she actually engages in the very behavior her mother instilled in her as a fear deterrent. It's almost as if AT has lost some semblance of reality and believes she was NOT pregnant.

I hope LE asked for a DNA sample of the deceased child, because even though the boyfriend admitted the child was his I hope his claim has been verified. I have no idea if there is a history of undisclosed sexual abuse of AT but it's worth finding out.

It appears you do not need anyone's permission to get birth control in New Mexico. It doesn't matter your age, your marital status, your citizenship status. So if AT got birth control pills from PP it's hard to understand the disconnect between proactively accessing birth control and her denials regarding being pregnant. Apparently she and her boyfriend were together for nearly three years and I presume they were sexually active prior to actually conceiving the child.

Living in a state of denial while pregnant and continuing to take birth control pills could possibly put the fetus at risk. Under normal circumstances women stop taking the pill once they know they are pregnant but we don't know if she continued to take them right up until the time of birth. She also started taking weight loss pills which can cause damage to the unborn child. Some of those conditions involve low birth rate, respiratory problems, mental deficiencies, neural problems and low blood sugar.

From anecdotal information from her school mates is that the gym teacher knew that AT was pregnant but she continued the story of being overweight from birth control pills and she continued all her school activities including cheerleading. I would think everyone who attended those games would have twigged onto the fact AT was pregnant; that it was the worst kept secret in that school.

I'd like to know when her water broke. I get the feeling it happened when she was with her boyfriend and either they are incredibly ignorant regarding labour or AT maintained this fiction that she was suffering from an attack of chronic back pain. My problem is, was she faking it or did she start believing her own story? I really don't know. I think her mother exerted an extreme amount of influence over her to the point that AT was starting to exhibit signs of some kind of delusion.

I don't think this will be a cut and dried case. I think there is some evidence that AT has a delusional disorder. I do question the quality and order of care she received in the hospital. Her mother's histrionics in the hospital and at her home further cements the idea that AT was under the control of her mother in a very unhealthy way. If I was a lawyer I would think those video snippets were evidence to support coercive control.

It hurts my heart to know the baby's remains were released to a family that didn't have a scintilla of love or compassion for a small life snuffed out. It seems egregious that that occurred.

There are so many variables in this case. It's obvious from her mother's behavior that she has a controlling influence over her daughter insofar that she uses extreme measures to ensure AT doesn't become sexually active. But her method, talking about not wanting to be one of those girls who ends up murdering her child after an unwanted pregnancy, seems to have backfired. AT, in her futile attempts to keep her lost virginity and pregnancy from her mother, she actually engages in the very behavior her mother instilled in her as a fear deterrent. It's almost as if AT has lost some semblance of reality and believes she was NOT pregnant.

I hope LE asked for a DNA sample of the deceased child, because even though the boyfriend admitted the child was his I hope his claim has been verified. I have no idea if there is a history of undisclosed sexual abuse of AT but it's worth finding out.

It appears you do not need anyone's permission to get birth control in New Mexico. It doesn't matter your age, your marital status, your citizenship status. So if AT got birth control pills from PP it's hard to understand the disconnect between proactively accessing birth control and her denials regarding being pregnant. Apparently she and her boyfriend were together for nearly three years and I presume they were sexually active prior to actually conceiving the child.

Living in a state of denial while pregnant and continuing to take birth control pills could possibly put the fetus at risk. Under normal circumstances women stop taking the pill once they know they are pregnant but we don't know if she continued to take them right up until the time of birth. She also started taking weight loss pills which can cause damage to the unborn child. Some of those conditions involve low birth rate, respiratory problems, mental deficiencies, neural problems and low blood sugar.

From anecdotal information from her school mates is that the gym teacher knew that AT was pregnant but she continued the story of being overweight from birth control pills and she continued all her school activities including cheerleading. I would think everyone who attended those games would have twigged onto the fact AT was pregnant; that it was the worst kept secret in that school.

I'd like to know when her water broke. I get the feeling it happened when she was with her boyfriend and either they are incredibly ignorant regarding labour or AT maintained this fiction that she was suffering from an attack of chronic back pain. My problem is, was she faking it or did she start believing her own story? I really don't know. I think her mother exerted an extreme amount of influence over her to the point that AT was starting to exhibit signs of some kind of delusion.

I don't think this will be a cut and dried case. I think there is some evidence that AT has a delusional disorder. I do question the quality and order of care she received in the hospital. Her mother's histrionics in the hospital and at her home further cements the idea that AT was under the control of her mother in a very unhealthy way. If I was a lawyer I would think those video snippets were evidence to support coercive control.

It hurts my heart to know the baby's remains were released to a family that didn't have a scintilla of love or compassion for a small life snuffed out. It seems egregious that that occurred.
if she really was on birth control pills... are pregnancies still common?

if she really was on birth control pills... are pregnancies still common?

Low rate, Google suggests 1 in 100.

If you have any sort of digestive upset -- vomiting or diarrhea -- sometimes the meds won't be absorbed and the woman ovulates. Our female bodies are designed for this function, remember.

(Teenage binge drinking comes to mind imho as a possibility.)

The woman HAS TO take the pill every day, ideally at the same time of day. Again, our bodies are designed for this. Not victim blaming, but also not sure this young lady would follow the dosing schedule?

Different types likely have different rates of effectiveness.

This info is provided with the prescription verbally & in writing.

jmho ymmv lrr

Also a small possibility - could she have been on antibiotics at some point? I’m surprised by how many get pregnant not realizing that antibiotics make birth control pills ineffective.
Enzyme-inducing drugs that can affect hormonal contraception include:
  • rifampicin-like antibiotics (see Will antibiotics stop my contraception working? for more information)
  • some drugs used to treat epilepsy.
  • some antiretroviral drugs used to treat HIV.
  • St John's wort (a herbal remedy)

Generally, most pregnancies while taking birth control are the result of user error -- forgetting to take pill or not taking as instructed.

Also a small possibility - could she have been on antibiotics at some point? I’m surprised by how many get pregnant not realizing that antibiotics make birth control pills ineffective.

Antibiotics, in general, DO NOT make oral birth control meds ineffective.

Can antibiotics affect my birth control?

Not the antibiotic itself, but the diarrhea that many people experience when beneficial microbes in the intestines are killed along with the targeted microbes. The diarrhea prevents/limits absorption of the birth control pill.

ymmv lrr

There’s been a handful of times that when picking up a prescription of antibiotics at the pharmacy that the pharmacy Tech mentioned the risk of pregnancy and to use alternative contraception but that was many years ago. I guess the research has suggested otherwise now!

I believe OP was referring to Skylar Richardson -- she was acquitted of murder but found guilty of abusing her baby's corpse.

Omg does this case have a thread here?

Regarding birth control pills, it sounds like she was using the pills as an excuse to gain weight. However she’s a liar, so I think it’s obvious she wasn’t on them. She made up taking birth control to explain her pregnancy weight away.
It’s very hard to get pregnant on birth control. All birth control is 99% effective. Even if she missed a dose she’d have to have sex within the perfect window to get pregnant. I think it’s more likely to assume they’d been using condoms for years and they just didn’t use one at some point, or they’ve been using the pull out method for this long and it happened to fail this time.

Either way I think we shouldn’t think too deeply about birth control. It was used as an excuse.

Also she was 19 years old. At 18 she could’ve gone to her general practitioner and gotten birth control pills or the gyno. She didn’t need to go to a planned parenthood. She was legally an adult.

Last edited:
Omg does this case have a thread here?

Regarding birth control pills, it sounds like she was using the pills as an excuse to gain weight. However she’s a liar, so I think it’s obvious she wasn’t on them. She made up taking birth control to explain her pregnancy weight away.
It’s very hard to get pregnant on birth control. All birth control is 99% effective. Even if she missed a dose she’d have to have sex within the perfect window to get pregnant. I think it’s more likely to assume they’d been using condoms for years and they just didn’t use one at some point, or they’ve been using the pull out method for this long and it happened to fail this time.

Either way I think we shouldn’t think too deeply about birth control. It was used as an excuse.

Also she was 19 years old. At 18 she could’ve gone to her general practitioner and gotten birth control pills or the gyno. She didn’t need to go to a planned parenthood. She was legally an adult.
Yes GUILTY - OH - Annabelle Richardson, newborn, found in grave , 7 May 2017 *GUILTY OF ABUSE OF CORPSE ONLY* *resentencing 2022* #4

So sad for the little baby who never had a chance to live his life.
Ugh.
Investigators said Trevizo left, and by the time the baby was found, he had died from lack of oxygen.

I think this young mother was old enough to know what she was doing was wrong ?
The infant was basically 'hidden' in the trash and then the mom left the scene !
My take on it , is that this young woman knew she was pregnant and didn't need to hospital staff to inform her about this.

“She wasn’t even crying tears, the only thing she was upset about I think she was going to be in trouble with her mom.”

The same nurse seemed to be perplexed and angry at how Trevizo and her family reacted to what happened this January night.

“No one asked me anything about the baby’s condition; if it was a boy or girl, anything.”
Red emphasis mine.

And the relationship with the baby's grandmother seems a little 'off'; otoh -- it's very natural to want to protect your child, but this woman also lost her own grandbaby in a terrible way, so..

I am sorry for the janitor and the other hospital employees who had to discover this horrible scene !
Omo.

There’s been a handful of times that when picking up a prescription of antibiotics at the pharmacy that the pharmacy Tech mentioned the risk of pregnancy and to use alternative contraception but that was many years ago. I guess the research has suggested otherwise now!
I believe it depends on the antibiotic. I was prescribed antibiotics when I was pregnant with my son. Many many many moons ago.
Are Antibiotics During Pregnancy Safe? | Banner Health.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lily89
Back