NM - Alexee Trevizo, 19, Charged with murder of newborn in trash can, Artesia, Jan 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We do not know what they administered or not to Alexee.

They can't examine a patient who does not want to be examined. They can't forcibly peek into anyone's vagina or use any instrument. And Alexee refused any examination.
Agree. It follows we've only seen a select portion of hospital surveillance excluding actual patient examination/treatment pursuant to Medical Privacy Laws.

I understood from ^^^ that they had administered pain medication before the incident. I haven't seen where Alexee refused any examination. She was indeed examined after the incident. The examination is in the hospital videos eek.
All medical information about medication and/or treatment administered to AT was recently disclosed by AT's attorney, and NOT the hospital.

Last edited:
Theoretically, the docs could have caused the baby to have breathing problems at birth?

Notwithstanding, a) the baby was actually breathing; b) you don’t throw a baby away; and if a living thing of any kind appears dead, you call for help.

In the video of the house manager, she says the doctor was a mess, which also looked to me to be the case from the get-go. The doctor didn’t attend to the medical needs of her other patient, namely Alexee. She was losing all that blood, she knew Alexee had lost all that blood, ‘cos there was blood all over the bathroom. Between when they knew there was all that blood and when they found the baby, there was at least 20 minutes. Why weren’t they administering to Alexee?

Also, the docs knew Alexee was pregnant before this whole event. They used one of those insta-tests. They just didn’t know how far along she was (they were waiting on urine test results). But surely, they must have realized she was close to term? Alexee’s belly was huge, she was experiencing severe back pain; no sign that the doctors checked to see if the cervix was dilated, or if there was a fetal heartbeat. All they’d need for the latter is a stethoscope?

The docs never thought to ask Alexee’s mom to leave the room when they noted Alexee was suffering from mom-pressure? Easy to just insist; docs do this all the time. Alexee is an adult, so her mom was really just a visitor. They might then have been able to get the real story from Alexee. I just think the hospital interaction was a hot mess.

[bbm] house manager? what is that

How odd that a "state of the art hospital" that first opened in 1939 and even offers bone density testing as well as 3D mammography would not also offer obstetrics when 50 miles to Roswell in the middle of NM winter could make the difference between delivering your baby in your vehicle on the side of the road or at hospital! Perhaps the non-profit trying to keep the cost of malpractice insurance down. Just sayin...

Women’s Services at Artesia General Hospital covers a range of both inpatient and outpatient programs, focused on helping women throughout their lifetime. We are committed to providing personalized, innovative health care to women through prevention and detection using a wide array of diagnostic services that include 3D mammography, bone density testing and gynecological services.

Artesia General

All about the $$$$ and staffing. Little direct knowledge, but my uncle was a hospital administrator & also worked for the Joint Commission on accreditation teams.

If the hospital has OB/GYN, there must be space available, equipment, materials & supplies available, and staff available 24/7/365.

OB/GYN might have been closed/not offered because the hospital couldn't come anywhere close to a $$$ break-even point.

OB/GYN might have been closed/not offered because the hospital could not find OB/GYN professionals will to relocate to Artesia.

Not sure in this case how the decision was reached, of course.

Sometimes hospitals work as a consortium, with different hospitals providing different services -- ie one has OB/GYN, another has adult orthopedics, a third has inpatient psych.

imho ymmv lrr

Last edited:
All about the $$$$ and staffing. Little direct knowledge, but my uncle was a hospital administrator & also worked for the Joint Commission on accreditation teams.

If the hospital has OB/GYN, there must be space available, equipment, materials & supplies available, and staff available 24/7/365.

OB/GYN might have been closed/not offered because the hospital couldn't come anywhere close to a $$$ break-even point.

OB/GYN might have been closed/not offered because the hospital could not find OB/GYN professionals will to relocate to Artesia.

Sometimes hospitals work as a consortium, with different hospitals providing different services -- ie one has OB/GYN, another has adult orthopedics, a third has inpatient psych.

imho ymmv lrr
That makes sense. I found this, from 2016:

"Four months after Alta Vista Regional Hospital shuttered its labor, delivery and pediatric services with only six days’ notice to patients and providers, the Las Vegas region’s only hospital is still struggling to find medical staff needed to help pregnant women deliver babies close to home."

[...]

"Alta Vista is the most recent rural New Mexico hospital to close its labor and delivery services because of a lack of doctors. Since 2010, three others closed their obstetrics services: Artesia General Hospital stopped in 2010; the Dan C. Trigg Memorial Hospital in Tucumcari ceased in 2011; and Union County General Hospital stopped services in 2014.

Only 25 out of 45 hospitals in the state provide obstetrics, Jeff Dye, CEO of the New Mexico Hospital Association, told the committee."

BBM

imho ymmv lrr

Yes, I hear you @Laughing -- OB/GYN has gone the way of the family-owned hometown newspapers. Try explaining to your Grandmother why she can no longer drop off her news subscription check at the local pharmacy (as she's done for 55 years) and must mail it to Chicago! Our small hospital merged with a network during the transition to Obamacare and within 18 months, the birthing center was also eliminated.

Did Alexee's mom take her to the hospital? I do wonder, if mom hadn't been right there with her the whole time... if things might've turned out differently.

<moo>

AT's attorney (Gary Mitchell) has been making appearances on court shows including Law & Crime and Court TV and actually added some additional perspective including the news about AT being given Morphine and also the toxicology results on the baby. It sounds to me that AT had been in pain for a couple of days (i.e., labor) without any relief and it was very late Friday night when the mother took her to the hospital. And yes, observing the mother at the hospital and especially during the arrest at her residence, I do think things may have turned out differently had the mother not been there. MOO

Did Alexee's mom take her to the hospital? I do wonder, if mom hadn't been right there with her the whole time... if things might've turned out differently.

<moo>
I do think the hospital staff could have found a way to get mom out of the room, since Alexee is an adult. IMO they should have done that when they knew Alexee was lying. They should have been providing care immediately, related to the pregnancy. There were so many signs this was labor or a miscarriage because of that extreme back pain (it had been going for hours, per the sister)…they should have been life-flighting Alexee right away to the obstetrician. This would have eliminated mom from the picture, since she wouldn't be allowed to go along on the helo.

‘The Baby Was Dead’: Lawyer for Teen Accused of Throwing Newborn in Hospital Trash Speaks Out​

6/29/23

ALEXEE TREVISO'S ATTORNEY SPEAKS TO COURT TV​

New video here with AT's defense attorney Mitchell.

AT's mother follows the daughter to the hospital bathroom minutes after AT enters and locks the bathroom door to deliver the baby, but instead of waiting outside the door, the mother walks back to ER treatment room.

AT's Attorney provides that AT had been administered morphine for the back and stomach pain about a half hour before going to the bathroom, and the deceased newborn's toxicology showed significant morphine in the baby. Defense attorney also alleges the baby was stillborn.

Listen at the link above to get a feeling of what the defense strategy will be...
atty: "The baby did not live long enough to survive". Even though he was alluding to stillborn- the words also ring true for m u r d e r .

We do not know what they administered or not to Alexee.

They can't examine a patient who does not want to be examined. They can't forcibly peek into anyone's vagina or use any instrument. And Alexee refused any examination.
yes.... and that is why i'm surprised they gave morphine w/o any examination. hell--- i could barely get hydrocodone prescribed at 9 a.m. on a saturday, when i'm at "urgent care"- and head is swollen grotesquely from abscessed upper tooth.

In the video of the house manager, she says the doctor was a mess, which also looked to me to be the case from the get-go. The doctor didn’t attend to the medical needs of her other patient, namely Alexee.
[bbm] house manager? what is that

Huh? Please link the video cited where the "house manager" says the doctor was a mess. And why would a house manager give a Police interview when this event happened at a hospital?

In the youtube posted by "True Crime Anaeli" (WS approved source?), the hospital employee (Marina) being interviewed self-identified as the Hospital's House Supervisor who's been employed at AGH for 23 years (Also, the YT title "Detectives Interview the House Supervisor").

Employee provided she was on the medical floor when she was asked to contact the ultra-sound lady [tech] on call.

A House Supervisor is actually a long-established hospital staff position. While Marina described some of her duties as the House Supervisor during the interview, the following description is from my local hospital.

What exactly is a house supervisor?

The main role of a house supervisor is to ensure patients have adequate care coverage by coordinating staffing, while monitoring the flow of patients in and out of the hospital. That also includes managing employee injuries and sick calls, and even managing visitors at times.

During the day shift, the house supervisor works in collaboration with department directors. At night and off-shift/holidays, house supervisors also take on an administrator role.

When we hear a “Code Blue” or “Rapid Response” call overhead, what does that mean for the house supervisor?

The house supervisor is expected to responds to every code called at the hospital. They ensure we’ve got adequate people that can handle the situation. Sometimes they delegate tasks, depending on the code. They also set up staffing for code response, which means at the end of each shift, house supervisors assign staff to respond to codes for the next shift.

[..]

yes.... and that is why i'm surprised they gave morphine w/o any examination. hell--- i could barely get hydrocodone prescribed at 9 a.m. on a saturday, when i'm at "urgent care"- and head is swollen grotesquely from abscessed upper tooth.

Take note this bit about morphine came from AT's attorney. For all we know, she could have taken morphine and/or another narcotic before coming to the hospital. Sounds like she'd been in labor at home for a couple of days before finally coming to hospital. Also, at 19, she's about the right age for wisdom teeth oral surgery and may have had pain Rx at home). All speculation and MOO.

Transcript snipped from the YT linked upthread re. interview of Hospital House Supervisor (Marina):

so I went and I found the form that
10:19
Cindy was talking about and I go into
10:21
the patient's room and I introduce
10:24
myself and I said there's just a few
10:27
questions that I need to ask you on most
10:28
of it was like you know you know uh
10:30
first and last name date of birth uh
10:34
social security number which she didn't
10:36
know and then whether or not she knew

Seriously, what 19-year old doesn't know their social security number?
I noticed AT told the arresting Police Officer at her home the same. After observing the mother argue with Police Officers over wanting to see AT's arrest warrant prior to the warrant being served on AT, sounds to me that withholding the SSN is more evidence of the mother being intent on keeping her foot in the door of her adult daughter's business. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl
Back