DNA Solves

Attachments

• 69541708-420D-423A-961A-9981631AA78A.jpeg
    69541708-420D-423A-961A-9981631AA78A.jpeg
    35.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 8771A5C9-6053-44A8-B951-4C53821D5999.png
    8771A5C9-6053-44A8-B951-4C53821D5999.png
    217.1 KB · Views: 15
hm.. what do you mean “disappeared in a different way” do you think her mother might have known something??

The FBI was almost certain that Anthonette's mother knew far more than she was willing to admit. They were certain that the mother knew who took Anthonette, so much so that they went to the Hospital the mother was admitted to (she was suffering from a terminal illness), to obtain a "deathbed" confession.

They were too late. Penny, the mother, passed away in 1999. The whole "uncle Joe" story is more than likely not true, and a cover up by the family as to what really happened to Anthonette.

@Jets4Life Do you think the FBI should have another talk with some family members? If several people were covering something up, you'd really have to wonder, Why??

Not sure why, but I can take an educated guess. I know that everything I have heard and read of this case, points to Anthonette's biological parents (who are long ago deceased), were into buying and selling drugs. On the night Anthonette disappeared, her mother was getting wasted at the local pub, before returning late at night, which explains Anthonette being a mother figure to her younger siblings, and her chaotic upbringing (which is a stark contrast to the way Penny was portrayed on Unsolved Mysteries). It has been reported that vehicles would pull up to the family home at all hours of the night, so if a strange car was loitering in the area, it would not have aroused suspicion, as this was an everyday occurrence (the area Anthonette lived in was the poorest neighborhood of Gallup).

The rumor that I keep hearing from numerous sources, is that Anthonette was sold (or married off), either for drug money, or to repay a drug debt from the criminal underworld. I've heard fear may have been a prime motivator for Anthonette's sisters to keep quiet, and mislead investigators (the "uncle Joe" incident most likely never occurred). There is also a widespread belief that Anthonette may have been taken to Mexico, and kept as a "bride" for a member of the criminal underworld or Mexican cartel, so it would not be easy to extract a confession out of the people involved.

Not sure why, but I can take an educated guess. I know that everything I have heard and read of this case, points to Anthonette's biological parents (who are long ago deceased), were into buying and selling drugs. On the night Anthonette disappeared, her mother was getting wasted at the local pub, before returning late at night, which explains Anthonette being a mother figure to her younger siblings, and her chaotic upbringing (which is a stark contrast to the way Penny was portrayed on Unsolved Mysteries). It has been reported that vehicles would pull up to the family home at all hours of the night, so if a strange car was loitering in the area, it would not have aroused suspicion, as this was an everyday occurrence (the area Anthonette lived in was the poorest neighborhood of Gallup).

The rumor that I keep hearing from numerous sources, is that Anthonette was sold (or married off), either for drug money, or to repay a drug debt from the criminal underworld. I've heard fear may have been a prime motivator for Anthonette's sisters to keep quiet, and mislead investigators (the "uncle Joe" incident most likely never occurred). There is also a widespread belief that Anthonette may have been taken to Mexico, and kept as a "bride" for a member of the criminal underworld or Mexican cartel, so it would not be easy to extract a confession out of the people involved.

I've never considered this before, that she had been taken to Mexico for nefarious purposes. I always thought she was abducted, harmed, and then passed away within hours of her disappearance. This is an interesting new perspective for me, though a horrifying one. I do think there is a connection between the parents' illegal activity and that at least her mother knew more than she claimed.

As a side note, I have taught two students who were abducted and taken to Mexico by "boyfriends." One of the abductions was rather violent. Her father and other male relatives somehow got her back. When she was at school with me, the person who abducted her tried to do it again. It was terrifying. The second young lady was brought back by a priest whom she confided in.

anthonette cayedito went missing from her gallup, nm home in 1986.

FBI
Anthonette Cayedito went missing from her Gallup, NM home in 1986.

All these years later, the heartbreak is still raw for her family.

"It's hard not knowing the point of no closure. What happened? Where did she go?" said her younger sister, Sadie Acevedo.

Acevedo was just 7 when Anthonette went missing.

"My mom was getting ready to go out. They were going out for the night," said Acevedo. The two and their youngest sister went to bed and when they woke up, Anthonette was gone.

"We went knocking door to door in our pajamas. She said she couldn't find Anthonette. We were getting ready for church. It was a Sunday morning," said Acevedo.

Anthonette has freckles, a scar on her knee and lip and was last seen wearing a pink nightgown. She's also known to wear a silver chain with a turquoise cross pendant.

"Anthonette would be 45 years old today. So we want to reach out to her. We want to reach out to the person who may have abducted her and say, enough is enough," said Frank Fisher, a spokesperson with the FBI. "She had her entire life ahead of her and for a person like that to disappear from her home, that's not the way it's supposed to happen."

Acevedo told KOAT that the hardest part about Anthontette's disappearance is not knowing what happened, where she is and not getting closure. She does have a message for her sister.

"She's safe. She has a family that loves her. She has sisters. We haven't given up," said Acevedo. "We all wonder and often think about Anthonette and what's she doing? Does she have kids? What kind of life is she living?"

She hopes her family can soon get the closure they need.

Investigators shared this photo of what they believe Anthonette looks like years later.

anthonette cayedito went missing from her gallup, nm home in 1986. this is what the fbi believes she looks like years later.

Can you post the current list of exclusions please? I know of 2 but the case seems to be a "Suspected Homicide" so there has to be more right?

Crime Junkie Podcast just released an episode about Anthonette's disappearance.

Episode Summary​

When a 9-year-old girl vanishes from her home overnight, investigators must try and overcome a lack of evidence and follow a number of shocking, but ultimately dead-end tips that have them convinced she is still out there somewhere more than 3 decades later.

Episode Info​

If you see Anthonette or have any information about her disappearance or current whereabouts, please contact the Gallup Police via Crime Stoppers at 1-877-722-6161.
You can also go online and submit a tip at tips.fbi.gov.
And for more information on ending gender-based violence in tribal communities, visit the National Indigenous Women’s Resource Center niwrc.org.

1669983296205.png
1669983318204.png

Initially, one of Anthonette’s sisters told police that it was one of their uncles at the door, but he was ruled out as a suspect.

A year later, Gallup police received a call from someone who said they were Anthonette. The caller said they were in Albuquerque. The call, which lasted only 40 seconds, ended after a man’s voice said, “Who said you could use the phone?” followed by a scream. Police could not locate the source of the call.

Then, about five years after Anthonette’s disapperance, a waitress in Carson City, Nevada, reported an encounter with a teenage customer, who investigators believed may have been the missing girl. The girl, she said, was sitting with an “unkempt” couple and kept dropping her fork. When the waitress picked up the utensil, the girl squeezed her hand.

After the three had left the restauraunt, the waitress discovered a note on a napkin which read “Help me! Call police.” But nothing came of the possible lead, and the case has been cold ever since.

The FBI released a photo of Anthonette age-progressed to 36 years old on her page on the agency’s wanted and missing persons section. Any information should be directed to the FBI at 505-889-1300 or Gallup police at 505-863-9365.

Submitted this Match for Anthonette i know it says Hispanic but that could’ve easily gotten mixed up she would be around the age Anthonette would’ve been in 1992 and her height is 4 Ft 6 while Anthonette was 4 Ft 7 at the time of her disappearance. I submitted just in case but i also have my doubts that this is her. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Attachments

• 3247CE1A-9150-424E-B680-E9C060325B8F.jpeg
    3247CE1A-9150-424E-B680-E9C060325B8F.jpeg
    11.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 0DC70721-EAAC-4217-BD9A-A9627EA3B8DD.jpeg
    0DC70721-EAAC-4217-BD9A-A9627EA3B8DD.jpeg
    40.4 KB · Views: 1

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors