NM NM - Guadalupe Co, WhtFem 17-25, UP17089, Killed on BD (11-Jul-78) by RLanphear, Jul'78

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In January 2022, I reached out to law enforcement with a potential match for a Jane Doe, who was found July 11, 1978, in Guadalupe County, New Mexico.

Her case always stood out to me, and I wanted to find her name. I had found a family who was looking for their sister who went missing hitchhiking to California around the late 70s. As soon as I saw the photo of her, I knew it was her. After speaking to her family members, they confirmed she was born July 11, 1961! I knew this was no circumstance.

She was never reported missing, as she was a frequent runaway and times were different. For the privacy of the family, I'm not mentioning her name.

It has been months of trying to get law enforcement to pursue the lead. There have been numerous roadblocks - incorrect contact info for detectives, DNA tests sent to wrong labs, and years of back and forth.

After 2 1/2 years of waiting, the family members (who submitted their DNA to rule out their sister/daughter) were informed by New Mexico, they do not have DNA on file to compare against this Jane Doe.

Which means another year or more for them to get funding to extract the DNA for this victim!!

The missing woman's parents are elderly and eagerly seeking answers. They know their time is limited on this earth, but they want to know what happened to their daughter. They deserve justice!

If you would like the contact info at the New Mexico state police department to help push this along, please DM me. This Jane Doe deserves answers!! #NoMoreWaiting #JusticeForJD
The missing girl's front teeth even look slightly crooked just like the Jane Doe's imo.

The proportions and facial shapes are exactly alike. This has to be her. What a shame the state of NM does not involve any private lab but also does not seem to move the case along much.

Also checked the PM against the missing girls photo. It is distorted from postmortem changes and it has been photographed at a weird angle from the side below - but that is the same face.

In January 2022, I reached out to law enforcement with a potential match for a Jane Doe, who was found July 11, 1978, in Guadalupe County, New Mexico.

Her case always stood out to me, and I wanted to find her name. I had found a family who was looking for their sister who went missing hitchhiking to California around the late 70s. As soon as I saw the photo of her, I knew it was her. After speaking to her family members, they confirmed she was born July 11, 1961! I knew this was no circumstance.

She was never reported missing, as she was a frequent runaway and times were different. For the privacy of the family, I'm not mentioning her name.

It has been months of trying to get law enforcement to pursue the lead. There have been numerous roadblocks - incorrect contact info for detectives, DNA tests sent to wrong labs, and years of back and forth.

After 2 1/2 years of waiting, the family members (who submitted their DNA to rule out their sister/daughter) were informed by New Mexico, they do not have DNA on file to compare against this Jane Doe.

Which means another year or more for them to get funding to extract the DNA for this victim!!

The missing woman's parents are elderly and eagerly seeking answers. They know their time is limited on this earth, but they want to know what happened to their daughter. They deserve justice!

If you would like the contact info at the New Mexico state police department to help push this along, please DM me. This Jane Doe deserves answers!! #NoMoreWaiting #JusticeForJD
Could MP play the guitar?

I looked at the PM photo for reference. The teeth seem to match. Postmortem changes distorted her appearance a bit but I do strongly agree this has to be her. If it’s not her I’ll be shocked.

Also checked the PM against the missing girls photo. It is distorted from postmortem changes and it has been photographed at a weird angle from the side below - but that is the same face.
Agreed. I really hope this is the same person. Fingers crossed :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ery810
Back