GUILTY NM - Renezmae Calzada, 5, found deceased, Rio Arriba County, 8 Sept 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wouldn't be so quick to shun the media if I were this family. If it is true, no matter how unlikely, that Renezmae was last seen in the front yard of a home she may well have been abducted. In that scenario, she could be miles and miles away by now. Wouldn't you want attention from the press to get the word out?

People beg the press for help all the time, to no avail. If the press actually bothers to show up for your case, use them. IMO

SEP 11, 2019
September 11 Morning Rush: Search for missing Española girl reaches day four
[...]

Renezmae’s mother claims Torres was watching her the day she disappeared however, police have not yet confirmed that information.

If Torres was watching the kids when Mom went to work on Sunday that explains a lot, especially the time line of when this child was finally reported missing. Praying that this child will be found alive but I really in my gut do not think she will be. I hope I am wrong.

I wouldn't be so quick to shun the media if I were this family. If it is true, no matter how unlikely, that Renezmae was last seen in the front yard of a home she may well have been abducted. In that scenario, she could be miles and miles away by now. Wouldn't you want attention from the press to get the word out?

People beg the press for help all the time, to no avail. If the press actually bothers to show up for your case, use them. IMO

They just want to search for Renezmae, they're not being rude to the press or anything. The press is around and reporting, do they really have to talk to them? It's getting attention.

"The Rio Arriba County Sheriff says Renezmae Calzada was last seen playing in the front yard of her Española home Sunday morning around 9 a.m. According to the mother’s Facebook page, she was at work and the girl was with the mother’s boyfriend. It was when she got home, around 8 p.m., that he told her Renezmae was missing."

Possible suspect detained in Rio Arriba County girl’s disappearance

Wow. 11 hours is a really, really long time to not see a 5 y/o and not report it. What the heck?

"The Rio Arriba County Sheriff says Renezmae Calzada was last seen playing in the front yard of her Española home Sunday morning around 9 a.m. According to the mother’s Facebook page, she was at work and the girl was with the mother’s boyfriend. It was when she got home, around 8 p.m., that he told her Renezmae was missing."

Wow. 11 hours is a really, really long time to not see a 5 y/o and not report it. What the heck?

11 hours also allows one a lot of "clean up" time depending on when the "mess" was made. This child could be anywhere. I hope she is located.

The beginning and ending times keep changing. Wasnt the mothers arrival at home reported at 6:30 pm at one point?

I wonder if the child was due at school on Monday morning. I also wonder who outside the family was last to see her and when.

I'm sure these are all questions being asked by LE who is, BTW, being very quiet about this case. They are not even providing updates about the search efforts.

Unbelievable. Nobody has video? Have they gone door to door to make sure no one has video? Or are they just relying on people to bring it forward if they do?
Cameras/videos would not be the norm here. According to county records, the road where she was reported missing is almost wholly owned by family.

Everyone is considered a primo/prima. You never leave anyone's house empty-handed; a parting gift is a must. Everyone steps up to help each other without question/pay/ulterior motive. People do what everyone does: get kids off to school, go off to work, extra curricula activities, large family dinner prep, ready for next day. Some also have small farm activity/animal care. There are orchards abundant: apples, cherries, berries, melons, squash, gourds, pinto beans, dried chili (ristra), world famous green chili (if you have never smelled green chili roasting during the late summer, you are missing out on one of the most wonderful scents on earth!!!). Many roadside fruit stands pop up during summer and early fall. Families spend weekends in the vast wilderness (NM is the "Land of Enchantment") hunting, fishing, hiking, camping, picnicking, rafting, horse-back riding, skiing, snowboarding and EVERYONE is invited and welcome to participate. The more, the merrier.

I know I'm not doing justice to the culture of Northern NM. One has to observe/participate in this culture to fully understand it. It's hard to describe.

They just want to search for Renezmae, they're not being rude to the press or anything. The press is around and reporting, do they really have to talk to them? It's getting attention.

I do agree with you somewhat on this particular matter.

After watching family members speak out to the press for over decades now, sadly what usually happens their words, mannerisms of whether they look up or down or sideways, cried too much or didn't cry enough, becomes the main subject, instead of their child or children being missing needing desperately to be found quickly.

Just like what happened to Steve Grogene when he spoke with the press often about his two young age kidnapped children, Shasta and Dylan. Along with countless other parents who have done so only to be vilified on social media blogs when they did. :(

In fact it was rare in any cases of missing children where the parents were believed especially by those on the internet who do not know any of the families personally.

However. I do understand why anyone believes all parents should speak to the press. I believe I would if God forbid this happened to one of my children.

But some can just be too timid to speak out or may be too distraught.

I try very hard not to judge any parents in these terrifying situations,and whether they speak to the press or not.

All I know is in the vast majority of these sad cases it never helps get their precious children back alive.

The offenders who do this are heartless, callous, soulless individuals.

I have always felt when they see the parents begging for their children to be returned safely it only emboldens them even more. Imo, they get sick satisfaction when they know the parents have no control over whether their precious child lives or dies, while knowing they are the only ones who makes those decision, once they are in total power, and control over the child or children they have taken.

Even extremely high rewards rarely gets any positive results. :(

Jmhoo

Cameras/videos would not be the norm here. According to county records, the road where she was reported missing is almost wholly owned by family.

Everyone is considered a primo/prima. You never leave anyone's house empty-handed; a parting gift is a must. Everyone steps up to help each other without question/pay/ulterior motive. People do what everyone does: get kids off to school, go off to work, extra curricula activities, large family dinner prep, ready for next day. Some also have small farm activity/animal care. There are orchards abundant: apples, cherries, berries, melons, squash, gourds, pinto beans, dried chili (ristra), world famous green chili (if you have never smelled green chili roasting during the late summer, you are missing out on one of the most wonderful scents on earth!!!). Many roadside fruit stands pop up during summer and early fall. Families spend weekends in the vast wilderness (NM is the "Land of Enchantment") hunting, fishing, hiking, camping, picnicking, rafting, horse-back riding, skiing, snowboarding and EVERYONE is invited and welcome to participate. The more, the merrier.

I know I'm not doing justice to the culture of Northern NM. One has to observe/participate in this culture to fully understand it. It's hard to describe.
Does that mean there are a wide array of people with whom Renezmae would have been comfortable and trusting enough with to go with them?

I confirm :). Many people would use El Llano to bypass the town\lights when driving through. I was surprised they were looking behind the high school. To me it just seems like the worst place to "conceal" something (for lack of better words). A lot of people ride 4 wheelers back there and the cross country team runs back there because there are a lot of hills. You could go less then a mile in all directions and be alone in the desert. But, a lot of that land is tribal land and from what I read you may run into security crossing in on their land. I was hoping there would be a happy ending but as the time passes it seems less likely.
Most people know each other and a lot are related, because as Abbey Babbey posted, their families has been there for very long time.
New Mexico seems to have a lot of cases of child abuse resulting in death - I never compared it nationally but I heard a lot about it in the news when I lived there.

On a lighter note I have never heard the nickname Espy just Spana. Espy is cute :)
I was also surprised at where they began looking (North of EVHS) as it seems a most unlikely place to hide "something". The family did say that they spent time out there but once one enters tribal land, it becomes a federal crime. (I don't ever even speed on pueblo lands! lol)

lol on Espy. I've also heard "Nola".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiosities
Back