GUILTY NM - Renezmae Calzada, 5, found deceased, Rio Arriba County, 8 Sept 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Did I not just read somewhere he is the mothers boyfriend?

I hadn't read that information before. So thank you so much for telling me.

If true, I am even more worried for little RC if possible.

I remember another case where an 8 year old girl was abducted from her home never to be found. That one was in Florida iirc, and the police believe he killed her, and then put her body in a gator invested area. :(

He wasn't a boyfriend of the mom's, but the parents had let him stay there because he was a coworker, and they all worked together in the crop fields or fruit orchards. He also tired to start a fire meaning to burn everyone up inside the home when he left with the little girl.

It was such a betrayal to her family because they both trusted him never dreaming he would take their little daughter, much less murderer her. :(

Jmho

The Albuquerque Division of the FBI held a press conference Monday afternoon. Rio Arriba County Sheriff James Lujan

FBI Special Agent in Charge James Langenberg said in any community, there is no crisis more urgent than that of a missing child. He said the FBI got involved in the investigation within minutes of the Amber Alert going out and that he immediately dispatched scores of agents and staff to Espanola to team up with other law enforcement partners.

“Right now we have a community canvas going on, knocking on every single door in Renezmae’s neighborhood asking for any information, what they saw what they heard in the last 24 hours that might provide us with clues as to her location,” Langenberg said.

He said the FBI has brought in its evidence response team, subject experts from the behavioral analysis unit as well as experts in social media exploitation such as cell phones, videos and computers. Asked anyone with any information no matter how small to come forward.

“The FBI is committed to staying here as long as it takes to find Renezmae. We will follow every single lead. We will leave no stone unturned in order to bring her back home. So whether you’re a relative or a family member or someone in the community, if you have any information that you would like to share with us, we would greatly appreciate it,” he said.

In response to questions.
Langenberg said it’s not unusual for the FBI to get involved in an Amber Alert situation and that the FBI reached out to the RASO Sunday night to see if they needed assistance.

“It’s what we do in law enforcement. We work together as a team. Since we got on the ground with everyone, we’ve been working as a seamless team the entire day,” he said.

Sheriff Lujan said there are also a lot of the general public who are not law enforcement officers that are coming forward to help RASO. He noted that businesses in Espanola are providing services for law enforcement personnel.

Anyone in the area of McCurdy Road and Tesuque Lane who has any video surveillance in their residences is asked to review it to see if there might be anything helpful on there.

Catching up.

From above:

“He said the FBI has brought in its evidence response team, subject experts from the behavioral analysis unit as well as experts in social media exploitation such as cell phones, videos and computers.”

Wow, is not often we see outright references to the BAU, moo. Usually that’s something backstage that we don’t often hear about.

—-

ETA:

“Social Media Exploitation” is an FBI term I can’t say I’ve heard specifically before as related to a child case; this is a term that often refers to cyber security, terrorism, intelligence, national security, etc.

““The mission-critical exploitation of social media will enable the Bureau to detect, disrupt, and investigate an ever growing diverse range of threats to U.S. National interests,” adds the RFP.”

A couple quick links:

https://www.hstoday.us/federal-page...ore-social-media-on-diverse-range-of-threats/

FBI seeks to monitor Facebook, oversee mass social media data collection | ZDNet

Obviously we know that examination of online platforms is a critical part of MP investigations, and that the FBI has experts who analyze this. It’s just interesting verbiage, imo. Did they pull experts specifically from cyber security SME to assist? Usually as related to children we’ll hear references more similar to ICAC, etc. Perhaps there are subsidiaries of “Social Media Exploitation” that assist in child cases as well, etc.

And why Social Media exploitation? She’s 5? Maybe I’m reading too much into their lingo. Maybe they just mean their technology experts in general (Still on page 2).

“It’s what we do in law enforcement. We work together as a team. Since we got on the ground with everyone, we’ve been working as a seamless team the entire day,” he said.”

Thanks, pommy. Watching now to “get a read”.

ETA2: Interesting...

How often we do we in an AA see the FBI SAIG (Special Agent In Charge) do a news conference like this and so promptly —not often enough. This response is very public and major. Often there’s a lot going on behind the scenes that we don’t hear about. These guys are utilizing SM, etc to help get the word out. Sorry having trouble explaining exactly what I mean.

(Alright watching now.)

@Foxfire would be thrilled to see how LE utilizes “their best tool the American public” (yes that’s a @Foxfire quote) and SM these days...it just took some time, Foxy. But they’ve learned what you always said.

Last edited:
It sounds like the biological Father was across the state, not a suspect. The Mother's BF was apparently "watching" her. Shades of Maleah...again.

RSBM

Link?

No. You stated that it sounded like the biological father was across the state.
I asked you for a link.
That link you posted does not say such a thing.
Please provide a link to back up your statement.
Thank you.

Just checking in and was really hoping to see that she was found safe. I’m still just as confused today about this whole situation as I was yesterday! Nothing reported is making much since to me. Still praying she is safe somehow. :(

SEP 10, 2019, 6:19 pm
Man held as search continues for girl
Rio Arriba County authorities said Monday they had arrested a man who might be connected to the case of a 5-year-old Española girl whose disappearance sparked a massive search.

[...]

The girl was last seen by her mother in the front yard of their McCurdy Road residence at about 9:30 a.m. Sunday, police said. The mother did not report her daughter missing until about 6 p.m. Sunday.

[...]

"No crisis is more urgent than that of a missing child," he said. "Our main concern is to find that young lady."

[...]

Langenberg repeated a request for the public's help in finding the girl, asking people living near her residence who have surveillance cameras on their property to review any footage.

"You may have caught something," he said.

McCurdy Road is a long, semi-rural street on the east side of the town dotted with houses and trailers and the occasional business.

[...]

I had to snip a lot of this to comply with the 10% copyright rule. I recommend reading the entire article.

Sep 10, 2019 / 04:30 PM MDT / Updated: Sep 10, 2019 / 04:40 PM MDT
Search continues in Rio Arriba County for missing 5-year-old girl
[...]

So far, investigators have not provided any updates. They had planned on holding a news conference on Tuesday afternoon, but then canceled it due to a lack of new information. Meanwhile, members of the community say they’re doing what they can to help this investigation.

[...]

KRQE News 13 is also learning more about Renezmae’s stepfather, Malcolm Torres, who was taken into custody for questioning.

Torres is essentially the girl’s stepdad. He’s not married to her mom, but they have a young son together.

Just last month, Renezmae’s mom filed for child support from Torres for their toddler son, but investigators aren’t saying if they were together Sunday.

Investigators have not said if Torres was at the house Sunday at all, but KRQE News 13 has learned the home where Renezmae was last seen is Torres’ family’s home.

[...]

On his Facebook page, Torres says he works at the Nambe warehouse in Espanola. The company, which makes housewares, says it fired him because of his lackluster work ethic.

[...]

I had to snip a lot of this to comply with the 10% copyright rule. I recommend reading the entire article.

Sep 10, 2019 / 04:30 PM MDT / Updated: Sep 10, 2019 / 04:40 PM MDT
Search continues in Rio Arriba County for missing 5-year-old girl
[...]

So far, investigators have not provided any updates. They had planned on holding a news conference on Tuesday afternoon, but then canceled it due to a lack of new information. Meanwhile, members of the community say they’re doing what they can to help this investigation.

[...]

KRQE News 13 is also learning more about Renezmae’s stepfather, Malcolm Torres, who was taken into custody for questioning.

Torres is essentially the girl’s stepdad. He’s not married to her mom, but they have a young son together.

Just last month, Renezmae’s mom filed for child support from Torres for their toddler son, but investigators aren’t saying if they were together Sunday.

Investigators have not said if Torres was at the house Sunday at all, but KRQE News 13 has learned the home where Renezmae was last seen is Torres’ family’s home.

[...]

On his Facebook page, Torres says he works at the Nambe warehouse in Espanola. The company, which makes housewares, says it fired him because of his lackluster work ethic.

[...]
Thanks for posting. I’m even more concerned for this child now after reading this. Sounds like the BF has a temper MOO. What happened to this precious girl?

SEP 10, 2019 05:08 PM
Search for missing 5-year-old girl continues to come up empty
People in Espanola spent another day searching for 5-year-old Renezmae Calzada.

[...]

Family members and volunteers have put up posters and ribbons across Rio Arriba County, hoping for Renezmae's safe return.

Search_for_missing_5yearold_girl_continues_to_come_up_empty-syndImport-060457.jpg

People who live near where Renezmae disappeared said authorities have been stopping cars and asking questions.

[...]

Authorities did not provide any new details Tuesday about Renezmae's disappearance.

[...]

Noting, around 12:00, Social Media Exploitation expert is referenced. Basically saying they had the local resources available and are utilizing it/them, team work, etc....references FB, etc.
Note to go back to quote.

This PC is impressive, moo - to the point and getting the word out. Many feet on ground. They got that AA out ASAP after the call came in.

ETA.

14:00ish

I like how they just “threw that in and revealed at the end” that they have arrested someone on 3 outstanding after someone asks...

You know I was expecting more “This is an ongoing investigation” and “I can’t comment on that”s...

They are being rather transparent and forthcoming, imo.

(ETA2:
Never mind, spoke to soon...
15:09 “This is an ongoing investigation...”)

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AliceSprings
Back