GUILTY NM - Renezmae Calzada, 5, found deceased, Rio Arriba County, 8 Sept 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Very sad to see no real new information about who had her that week has been released? and no confirmed sighting of her either? What was going on in these two houses? JMO
I agree... I honestly think they’re piecing this together behind closed doors and most likely will not divulge until charges are brought... im thinking they don’t particularly need or want the public’s input on this one unless there’s a very specific tip..

SEP 15, 2019
People mourn death of 5-year-old Renezmae Calzada
[...]

Some of the mourners that gathered in the park knew Calzada personally, but for others like GG, they gathered to offer support.

People_mourn_death_of_5yearold_Renezmae_Calzada-syndImport-114824.jpg

[...]

Groups that work to combat child abuse, like the Guardians of the Children and the Pink Ladies, gathered with a lot of their kids.

One of those kids was 7-year-old AB .

“We would’ve been friends,” she said. “I just wanted to say my goodbye to her and she was very lovely.”

[...]

(Names changed to initials by me)

g3103.gif

Torres took off with his son following the domestic violence incident. He did not take Renezmae. He was arrested although the charges were later dropped. According to statements, they were suppose to share in the custody of the children. She was being coerced into sex in order to see her children. She filed a petition for child support for the two children. There was obviously a lot of very bad things going on here. IMO, he had no intention of every paying child support for a child who was not his. I may be surprised here but I think this act was in retaliation.
If I recall correctly, the baby doesn't have his last name either.

So... not his biological dad either, uh? I think he only took the baby that one time because the baby was easier to take.
Not necessarily true. We have to keep in mind the way names of Mexican/Spanish origin are constructed. Many times it will be two last names with the father's last name first and mother's last name second. So, it is quite possible that Malcolm really has a last name of Torres Archuleta - we just don't know.

Not necessarily true. We have to keep in mind the way names of Mexican/Spanish origin are constructed. Many times it will be two last names with the father's last name first and mother's last name second. So, it is quite possible that Malcolm really has a last name of Torres Archuleta - we just don't know.
They do that with names in Mexico too? I know that in Spain, dad's name comes first and mom's is the last name but they go by the dad's name anyways.

They do that with names in Mexico too? I know that in Spain, dad's name comes first and mom's is the last name but they go by the dad's name anyways.
It depends. Some Mexican people do it and others do not. I have even met some families who put the mother’s last name before the father’s but they also go by the dad’s name also if using just one.

And building off of that, if I may?

Mom left for work at (9am/9:30am/9:45am) and yes, one of those needs confirmation.

She was leaving this little princess in the care of ....... who? This really needs confirmation.

Or have we been able to lock down that 9:30am time, as the last anyone saw of this little angel?

And that the estranged boyfriend was taking care of Mae-Mae that day?

Could this baby have wandered away? Or been lured away? Would anyone have noticed?
IMO, there was way too much going on between the mother and the boyfriend for the coincidence of Renezmae wandering off on her own.

Someone posted earlier that Renezmae's mom has tribal affiliation.

AFAIK, the family is not undocumented, certainly we know Mom is a member of Santa Clara Pueblo, which is a Native American Tribe, as was Renezmae.

Spanish naming tradition isn't followed into the USA. I don't think that plays a factor in the case.

SEP 13, 2019
FBI Assumes Lead in Investigation Into Rio Arriba County Girl’s Death — FBI
[...]

“The FBI is thoroughly investigating the disappearance and tragic death of Renezmae Calzada,” said U.S. Attorney Anderson. “The U.S. Attorney’s Office is supporting the FBI in this ongoing criminal investigation and exhaustive search for evidence. If any federal crimes have been committed, we will pursue justice to the fullest extent of the law.”

“The FBI will continue to work closely with the Rio Arriba County Sheriff’s Office and our other partners in the investigation of this case,” said Special Agent in Charge Langenberg. “We will pursue every lead and use all our resources to find out what happened to Renezmae.”

“The Rio Arriba Sheriff’s Office fully supports the FBI taking over the case and dedicating its significant resources to this important investigation,” said Sheriff Lujan. “We are grateful to all the agencies that have assisted us and, of course, our community in its support. Ultimately, we are committed to make sure this little angel gets justice.”

The FBI’s jurisdiction is based on the location of the area in which the child went missing and any alleged crimes may have occurred, which appear to be within the boundaries of Santa Clara Pueblo, and the child’s affiliation with the Pueblo. The FBI is responsible for investigating serious crimes on Native American reservations and pueblos.

[...]

Or, she deliberately did not put his name on the birth certificate so that Child services would not go after him for child support.
Many years ago in another state a father had to come and sign the birth certificate. (Or go through court for paternity) He couldn’t just be named by the mother. Something like that is also possible depending on current procedures in that particular area

Moo

Memorial Mass, reception for Renezmae scheduled, parents announce

The parents of Renezmae Calzada, the 5-year-old Española girl whose body was found in the Rio Grande last week three days after she went missing, say a memorial Mass for the girl will be held Saturday, with a public reception afterward.

“We believe that Northern New Mexico and surrounding communities should celebrate Mae Mae’s life with us,” said Victoria Maestas and Jon Calzada in a statement released to the news media,

The Mass will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at The Sacred Heart of Jesus Parish in Española and is intended “for everyone,” the statement says.

“The Mass will be immediately followed by a thank-you reception for the community, those that donated time, effort, and resources, as well as all the law enforcement agencies. The thank-you reception will be held at the Santa Claran Event Center and will be catered.”

The statement by Maestas and Jon Calzada, Renezmae’s biological father, says, “Law enforcement has requested that we remind everyone that this is an ongoing investigation and we cannot answer any questions pertaining to the case in any capacity. As her parents, we do not want to hinder this investigation in any way. We want to be sure that they are allowed to perform their duties and justice is served.”​

That poor father. One day your child is with her mother, the other day she's missing and dead. This is terrible. I don't know if he was present in Renezmae's life, but by the look of it all, if he wasn't allowed to be I wouldn't be super surprised.

Nevermind, I got two people mixed up! Don't want to spread misinformation.:confused:

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back