NM NM - Santa Fe, US 285, WhtFem 14-19, 407UFNM, gold ring & earrings, Dec'74

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The DoeNetwork file says Jane Doe has DNA available but her entry hasn’t been updated since 2018 so that can’t be a recent addition.

How would Jane Doe have DNA available if they can’t find her grave? DNA wasn’t in use in 1974.

The DoeNetwork file says Jane Doe has DNA available but her entry hasn’t been updated since 2018 so that can’t be a recent addition.

How would Jane Doe have DNA available if they can’t find her grave? DNA wasn’t in use in 1974.

In many older cases, they've been able to find retained samples in the medical examiner's offices or cold case storage. Sometimes they retain teeth or hair. Sometimes the lower jaw if there are dental identifiers. Often there's a blood sample and there may also be slides with tissue samples taken from the decedent's organs. I remember one case where they were able to use bloodstains they found on the saved clothing. There was a case in Utah where the decedent was identified from a couple of strands of hair clinging to the box her stuff had been stored in.

And the report of not being able to find her grave is pretty old. It's entirely possible that they found it with further investigation and we just didn't hear about it.

Hi, I was the boyfriend of Nadine went she went missing, I had two Michigan State Police cold case Detectives visit me last fall and they told me that they thought Nadine’s Disappearance was Solvable so I Hope and Pray that after almost 50 years we find out What happened to her, Nadine you will NEVER be Forgotten…… Promise!!!

Hi, I was the boyfriend of Nadine went she went missing, I had two Michigan State Police cold case Detectives visit me last fall and they told me that they thought Nadine’s Disappearance was Solvable so I Hope and Pray that after almost 50 years we find out What happened to her, Nadine you will NEVER be Forgotten…… Promise!!!
Hoping you get more answers.. Keeping Nadine in my thoughts.

I'm not seeing her as Nadine O'Dell either, FWIW

Way back in the beginning of July a now-deleted user posted this poster on Amy Billig's thread claiming this girl-young adult was her. Their posts were deleted, but I managed to save the poster. Websleuthers determined that the unknown person is actually this Jane Doe. I don't see a resemblance to Billig imo

View attachment 520254

Way back in the beginning of July a now-deleted user posted this poster on Amy Billig's thread claiming this girl-young adult was her. Their posts were deleted, but I managed to save the poster. Websleuthers determined that the unknown person is actually this Jane Doe. I don't see a resemblance to Billig imo

View attachment 520254
I wonder why they didn't take a portrait-style photo of her face from straight on.

I wonder why they didn't take a portrait-style photo of her face from straight on.
They based the recon on her in situ side picture. It shows her profile best but of course all PMs are distorted due to postmortem change. She looks awfully young, id say not older than 20.
The transverse scar sounds like a csection scar, other abdominal surgeries were not done transverse back then.
The ring may be a wedding ring. Someone out there may have been told "oh your mom just ran away"....

View attachment 520254
I also saved this and contacted someone who had the case file from the medical examiner to confirm it’s actually her. Confirmed this press release poster is of this decedent. The person who has the case file has also confirmed that there are no straight on angles of her face.

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I’m the person with Jane Doe’s case file.

So far I have her documents from office of the medical investigator, and some documents from the county sheriff. I’m waiting on responses from the city police department and state police. I’m not sure if anything will come of those requests.

I do think at one time they must’ve had head-on photographs of her and they may have been lost.

Also, referencing the possible c-section scar, the report says there’s no sutures or adhesions below the scar. I’ve reached out to someone on Reddit who might be able to help with the report. If anyone knows of any medical examiners or pathologists or anyone who might know more of how to interpret the report, please contact me.

So far I have her documents from office of the medical investigator, and some documents from the county sheriff. I’m waiting on responses from the city police department and state police. I’m not sure if anything will come of those requests.

I do think at one time they must’ve had head-on photographs of her and they may have been lost.

Also, referencing the possible c-section scar, the report says there’s no sutures or adhesions below the scar. I’ve reached out to someone on Reddit who might be able to help with the report. If anyone knows of any medical examiners or pathologists or anyone who might know more of how to interpret the report, please contact me.
Glad to see you here, Reddit friend :)

If she was already in the decomp process, internal adhesions can possibly already be invisible. Just a shallow, skin deep cut without cutting abdominal muscles seems strange because it is so long unless she had excess skin removed superficially, but that seems odd. We would need a picture of the scar.

There is a whole community on Reddit called r/AutopsyTechFam

They might be able to help. I go there sometimes for questions on Does.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back