GUILTY NM - Victoria Martens, 10, brutally murdered, Albuquerque, 23 Aug 2016 *Arrests* *2 guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am just speechless about this. And disgusted. Jessica knows who the murderer is. Why wouldn't she say who it is?

LE seems to be at a loss right now. But there have to be clues, right? Phone calls? Maybe the killer lived there in the same complex?

Jeez. What a tragic mess.

I agree with you entirely. I’m wondering if it’s one of the paedophilies she invited in to abuse her children. She should be getting punished to the max for this. I am sickened and outraged by this horrific case.

Legal expert Ahmad Assed says the turn of events casts doubts about the future of the case.

“Based on the District Attorney's Office view of the case in the beginning and the investigation and the hyping of the case, it is extremely difficult for us to believe anything that the District Attorney's Office is going to say about a fourth component, unidentified individual. What they need is evidence,” Assed said.

Assed said if Gonzales is offered a plea deal, it could be better than the one Victoria’s mother took.

“She is the mother of Victoria. She is the mother of this beautiful girl that died in a brutal and horrific action. She has a heightened responsibility to ensure the whereabouts and safety of her daughter. On the other hand, Fabian Gonzales does not have that relationship,” Assed said.

As for the third suspect, Jessica Kelly, Assed believes prosecutors will be tough on her.
Legal expert talks future of case surrounding Victoria Martens' death

BREAKING NEWS:

Michelle Martens, Victoria's mother, has agreed to plead guilty to one count of child abuse of a child under 12, resulting in death. All other charges will be dropped. She could get 12 years in prison.

This is just being reported on KOAT in New Mexico. That's all the information available. I can't seem to post a link but will do so as soon as I can figure out how to on my iPad.

Mother of slain girl pleads guilty to child abuse, faces 12 years in prison
No no no!! Why would they offer her a deal????

This is so upsetting and mind boggling. I do agree that they have to get this right. This must be why the family of the mother has stood by her. Victoria was still failed by everyone in this family. I hope they find the monster. I also hope they put the cousin away for life as she appears to be a monster.

KOAT is taking a look at jail house calls between Fabian Gonzales, Michelle Martens and their families. Given what prosecutors now tell us, their conversations take on a much different meaning. From day one, Gonzales said he had nothing to do with the rape, murder, and mutilation of 10-year-old Victoria Martens.

Now, with new evidence released by District Attorney Raul Torrez saying there is a fourth suspect out there, we're revisiting those jail house calls between him and his mother.
Recorded jailhouse calls between Fabian Gonzales, Michelle Martens and family members

It's not clear who John Doe is, but so far authorities do know who John Doe is not. The state confirmed Friday the unidentified male whose DNA was found on Victoria did not belong to Fabian Gonzales, one of the three suspects originally charged with Victoria's murder.

“You run into so many different people during the day and you don't know any of their backstory,” said Breeanna Davis-Gill, another local concerned mother.

That revelation is now leaving the community on high alert.

“It was frustrating to see that, but as long as they're dedicated to figuring out what's actually going on," Davis-Gill said. "That's what I'm worried about is making sure that this doesn't happen again."

The DA’s office says investigators have already tested that DNA against other persons of interest.
City on edge as authorities try to identify John Doe charged with murdering Victoria Martens

Oh gosh... no words regarding this case. Just read the whole thread and am speechless for Victoria.
rose-smiley.gif

and from the court site with some dates:

Michelle:

last court date:
06/29/2018 PLEA & DISPOSITION AGREEMENT
06/29/2018 NO CONTEST/GUILTY PLEA PROCEEDING D 1
GUILTY TO CT. 1; 2 LESSER ALTERNATIVES; TO BE SENTENCED UPON COMPLETION OF CASES CR16-2961 AND CR16-2963 BEFORE JUDGE CHARLES W. BROWN

Fabian:

Hearing Date Hearing Time Hearing Type Hearing Judge Court Court Room
10/15/2018 9:00 AM JURY TRIAL Brown, Charles W. ALBUQUERQUE DISTRICT COURT Courtroom 602
09/21/2018 1:30 PM PRE-TRIAL CONFERENCE / PLEA HEARING Brown, Charles W. ALBUQUERQUE DISTRICT COURT Courtroom 602
08/13/2018 9:00 AM EVIDENTIARY HEARING Brown, Charles W. ALBUQUERQUE DISTRICT COURT Courtroom 602

Jessica:

Hearing Date Hearing Time Hearing Type Hearing Judge Court Court Room
01/07/2019 9:00 AM JURY TRIAL Brown, Charles W. ALBUQUERQUE DISTRICT COURT Courtroom 602
12/14/2018 1:30 PM PRE-TRIAL CONFERENCE / PLEA HEARING Brown, Charles W. ALBUQUERQUE DISTRICT COURT Courtroom 602
11/06/2018 9:00 AM EVIDENTIARY HEARING Brown, Charles W. ALBUQUERQUE DISTRICT COURT Courtroom 602

I shall put this on my list.

Victoria Martens2.jpg

From 2 days ago: Prosecutor drops most charges in death of Albuquerque girl
"Torrez said the mother had falsely told police soon after the August 2016 killing that she had watched Gonzales, her boyfriend, have sex with her daughter the night the girl's dismembered remains were found wrapped in a blanket that was set on fire in an apartment bathroom."

"However, the district attorney said there is no physical evidence that Gonzales raped Victoria Martens, and that a crime lab analysis instead found another unidentified male's DNA on the girl's body."

From 2 days ago: Prosecutor drops most charges in death of Albuquerque girl
"Torrez said the mother had falsely told police soon after the August 2016 killing that she had watched Gonzales, her boyfriend, have sex with her daughter the night the girl's dismembered remains were found wrapped in a blanket that was set on fire in an apartment bathroom."

"However, the district attorney said there is no physical evidence that Gonzales raped Victoria Martens, and that a crime lab analysis instead found another unidentified male's DNA on the girl's body."

I just can't fathom why anyone would say this if it were not true. How do you come up with this lie and, more importantly, why? Was this a memory from another time when he did rape her? Too many disturbing questions here.

BREAKING NEWS:

Michelle Martens, Victoria's mother, has agreed to plead guilty to one count of child abuse of a child under 12, resulting in death. All other charges will be dropped. She could get 12 years in prison.

This is just being reported on KOAT in New Mexico. That's all the information available. I can't seem to post a link but will do so as soon as I can figure out how to on my iPad.

Mother of slain girl pleads guilty to child abuse, faces 12 years in prison

WHAT!!!!!!

This can’t possibly be real surely not? What an absolute disgrace!!! If ever a case demanded life without parole or death for all participants it’s this one. People should be up in arms about this. Shame on the prosecutors.

read the whole thing.......... its very odd

I feel like this is a "no snitching" thing, this was a drug debt or they sold her to their connect. omg poor thing :(

Good point. I wonder if Jessica will eventually talk? The other two are being absolved and Victoria's death appears to be linked to Jessica and the mystery DNA donor. If this was a drug debt, and Michelle had some culpability. Why wouldn't Jessica try to save her own skin? That's some hardcore "no snitching"!!

Prosecutors hired a forensic psychiatrist named Dr. Michael Welner to find out if Michelle was lying. Dr. Welner decided a combination of trauma, drug abuse, and suggestive questioning by police led Michelle to give false statements.

"She made admissions she felt were separating herself from the murder and dismemberment but in fact, she was placing herself there," Dr. Welner said.
Michelle Martens contradicts herself in police interview

Have we seen this in other cases?

The DA no longer plans to charge Jessica Kelly the two charges related to giving Victoria Martens meth.

The DA originally filed those charges when they believed Victoria Martens was drugged before her death. But an autopsy revealed that Victoria did not have drugs in her system at the time of her death.

DA drops two charges against woman accused of killing Victoria Martens

Nearly two years after 10-year-old Victoria Martens was killed, the Albuquerque Police Department is admitting it could have done a better job investigating the case.

Continued

I can tell you that when Michelle started giving false admissions, it started to lead the investigation kind of off course,” Sanchez told Ramirez. “Detectives didn't know at that particular point, not until a year later when the DNA started coming back that this isn't in line, corroborating her statements.”

APD admits to mistakes in Victoria Martens murder case

I’ve always wondered why this guy has not been charged. I would think with at least an assault charge I am not sure if it would be sexual battery.

It was neighbors who witnessed him attempting to kiss her. Was their statements discredited?

There was a police report filed. Police didn’t investigate then but why not now? What kind of Justice system fails to pursue this?

“David Jesus Hernandez 35, ...attempted to kiss Victoria Martens five months before her grisly death had been arrested and charged in the high-profile kidnapping of a 4-year-old girl in 2013, according to attorneys representing Victoria’s grandparents.”

Lawyers say Michelle Martens' previous boyfriend tied to kidnapping

It was discovered that there was one referral that Albuquerque Police had not investigated, a report from several months before that a neighbor had witnessed a boyfriend of Michelle Martens’ attempting to kiss Victoria. Police claim that they did investigate, but were unable to find enough evidence to take any sort of action.

The Tragic Birthday Murder of Victoria Martens - Parkaman Magazine

This case did not involve Martens, but Attorney Jason Bowles said if the system had done its job, Hernandez would not have been on the street.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.kob....ernandez-history-child-abuse-charges/4593037/

"The Tragic Birthday Murder of Victoria Martens - Parkaman Magazine

I think it is important to note that the description in this article is now not accurate according to the investigating agency. They do not believe that the "mother" was watching or that Gonzales had raped her.

Everytime I see this case rise to the top of new posts, I get sick to my stomach because this little girl was so failed and we still don't know who killed her.

"The Tragic Birthday Murder of Victoria Martens - Parkaman Magazine
I think it is important to note that the description in this article is now not accurate according to the investigating agency. They do not believe that the "mother" was watching or that Gonzales had raped her.
I see this case rise to the top of new posts, I get sick to my stomach because this little girl was so failed and we still don't know who killed her.

The point I was making and the articles in my post had nothing to do with her mother nor Fabian Gonzales. It was an entirely different case involving Victoria. Involving a man named David Hernandez.

“It was discovered that there was one referral that Albuquerque Police had not investigated, a report from several months before that a neighbor had witnessed a boyfriend of Michelle Martens’ attempting to kiss Victoria. Police claim that they did investigate, but were unable to find enough evidence to take any sort of action.“

The Tragic Birthday Murder of Victoria Martens - Parkaman Magazine

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back