GUILTY NM - Victoria Martens, 10, brutally murdered, Albuquerque, 23 Aug 2016 *Arrests* *2 guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was wondering if any 'sleuths' have been able to find a link to the actual transcripts of Michelle Martens police interviews? The local news as well as People magazine have reported that 300+ pages of transcripts have been released by APD but don't provide a link to any pdf docs.

This case has haunted me from the beginning. I'm the unofficial keeper of the Victoria Martens' thread on another true crime site. I just can't/won't forget this precious little girl and the unimaginable pain she suffered at the hands of her own mother.

TYIA!

Personally I haven't run across the transcripts, just articles summarizing them. Which is probably good for my mental health, but I completely understand the desire to read them.

I did see this today, which is equal parts bizarre and enraging.

http://www.kob.com/albuquerque-news...hilds-death-victoria-martens/4377089/?cat=500

"...case documents reveal Michelle Martens – one of three accused in the slaying of 10-year-old Victoria Martens, and the girl’s mother - called CYFD on two occasions weeks before Victoria’s murder."

I was wondering if any 'sleuths' have been able to find a link to the actual transcripts of Michelle Martens police interviews? The local news as well as People magazine have reported that 300+ pages of transcripts have been released by APD but don't provide a link to any pdf docs.

This case has haunted me from the beginning. I'm the unofficial keeper of the Victoria Martens' thread on another true crime site. I just can't/won't forget this precious little girl and the unimaginable pain she suffered at the hands of her own mother.

TYIA!

:welcome5: Momzilla. I haven't come across transcripts but I do think it would be intersting to see exactly how this [unusual] woman's story morphed over time. Little miss has captured a lot of us and even though the details of this brutal murder are hard to stomach, we are compelled to be here, fore her.

I really hope the attorney general's office is living up to its promise to conduct an independent review. If a child says their mom's boyfriend tried to kiss them, I'm thinking that's a big red flag, but the agency and the police dismissed it.

I also find it odd that MM called child protection twice about her ex boyfriend. Was she trying to divert attention away from herself or was she worried that losing custody of her son may hamper her abilitity to attract the pedophiles she allowed to abuse him and Victoria. Sick!

Something else I recall is during an interview, the grandparents said they knew the child protection agency did an investigation, but they never heard the outcome. Well, the grandparents were named in two incidents - harsh discipline as well as drinking in front of the kids with MM. I'm not saying that either of those allegations were true, but am wondering if the authorities questioned or even met with them. And after five reports of neglect, etc. why did the agency stop investigating?

Where there's smoke there's fire, so it's clear massive reform is immediately needed in NM, including the parole system that let FG slide through the cracks.

He's a defense attorney, would we expect him to say anything different?

I presume he is trying to get mother's confession thrown out. Or if it isn't thrown out, he is apparently going to claim that the confession isn't accurate.
However, he might have a hard time explaining why this woman confessed to something against her self-interests, if it wasn't actually true.

Personally I haven't run across the transcripts, just articles summarizing them. Which is probably good for my mental health, but I completely understand the desire to read them.

I did see this today, which is equal parts bizarre and enraging.

http://www.kob.com/albuquerque-news...hilds-death-victoria-martens/4377089/?cat=500

"...case documents reveal Michelle Martens – one of three accused in the slaying of 10-year-old Victoria Martens, and the girl’s mother - called CYFD on two occasions weeks before Victoria’s murder."

She is a piece of work, isn't she? It's also hard to believe that no one suspected what was going on. There had to have been some behavioral evidence. [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michelle Martens alleged to case workers that Victoria’s younger sibling was being neglected by their father—a claim that the agency could not substantiate.

Jacobson disclosed case workers had interviewed both Victoria and her younger sibling before for neglect and bad hygiene, but not sexual abuse. Jacobson alleges neither child disclosed they were sexually or chemically abused.
Really?! How many children "disclose" they are being sexually or chemically abused in a single interview? I wish reporters would use direct quotes when interviewing officials.

I'd like to see the procedures they use because something is apparently very broken. Since children rarely admit or even know they are being sexually abused, wouldn't it be a good idea to have a doctor examine all cases of suspected neglect?

MM is the poster child of evil. She reports that her ex left their son with an unauthorized person but leaves both kids with convicted felons!

MM is the poster child of evil. She reports that her ex left their son with an unauthorized person but leaves both kids with convicted felons!

And it wasn't that she left them with strangers, she sought out people to be with her kids, and she didn't leave them but stayed there to watch.

I wonder if she made accusations against the ex to cover any evidence of what she herself was doing.

its about control. my husband's ex likes to point out his 20 year old rap sheet when she has a recently paroled felon living in her home. who is abusive to her btw.

rules only apply to others, not her.

That's a good possibility. I kinda think she may have made those allegations to get custody and more child support. In addition, full custody would ensure she could fly under the radar while pimping her kids.

But she did leave them with strangers. FB was Victorias caretaker when MM was at work and she told police she believed he raped Victoria daily.

I'd like to see the procedures they use because something is apparently very broken. Since children rarely admit or even know they are being sexually abused, wouldn't it be a good idea to have a doctor examine all cases of suspected neglect?

That would be going too far.

I mentioned this before on another thread, but I really wish the schools would educate children about
abuse and how it's NOT OK to be touched in the wrong places. Somehow, we've got to let children know that there is a safe place or a safe person that they can trust at school. I wish I knew how to protect every single child. I just can't believe that it's hopeless even though that's how I'm feeling right now. What can we (I) do to help prevent this from happening again? I'm so heartsick over this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back