NO BAIL! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple of things that I still don' understand:

Why did it take the police so long to arrest?

The roundabout ? and the TV programming?

Any thoughts anyone?

I thought the arrest took place very quickly when you look at some other cases which have taken absolute months or even years to make an arrest. It's mentioned in a video I posted this morning, police, on three different occasions were going to arrest him but delayed it until Wed last week.

With the evidence that's been published to date, I think there's barrel loads more to come....not just one piece has shown his guilt...it's a whole lot of pieces when all put together...as the prosecutor said...

However prosecutor Danny Boyle said the Crown case against Mr Baden-Clay was "largely circumstantial" but it was "compelling" when all the circumstances were put together.

Justice Boddice said he believed the Crown evidence, when presented to a jury, could be taken as ''strong evidence'' against Mr Baden-Clay, though it was ''highly circumstantial''

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...denied-bail-20120622-20s73.html#ixzz1yVEQCe2c

Mr Davis said the marks on his client’s torso were related to a “caterpillar incident” and he had witness statements attesting to that.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...denied-bail-20120622-20s73.html#ixzz1yVDgKQky

So maybe he is claiming the scratches were self-inflicted when a caterpillar crawled on him? Guess they would have been able to determine the direction of the scratch, if he had let them examine him at the time.

Didn't olive oyl say that he bumped into a cupboard or something very early on???

I just spent ten minutes typing out a big argument for GBC, FROM THE ANGLE OF THE DEFENSE...only to reach the point in my argument where he makes a phone call to his father, whilst he was supposedly sleeping soundly throughout the night. This kind of puts a halt to EVERYTHING... mostly what is facing him is circumstantial, it appears at this point...but the phone call, I cant find a way around that one

He can blame the guy in the van who was spotted by someone near the bridge. He could have made that phone call MOO:floorlaugh:

Channel 10 news...he was millions of dollars in debt to many people...

Seeing OW walking out of the courts, it almost looks like (IMO) that she is very shocked. Question is...is she shocked at having her brother remain in remand, or that the courts would dare to treat one of the Baden-Clays in such a manner (i.e. sense of entitlement), a combination of both, or some other reason?

Was in dire circumstances with his debts & stood to gain from his wife's death.

He can't apply for bail again unless he can prove his circumstances have changed dramatically

Didn't olive oyl say that he bumped into a cupboard or something very early on???

(hahaha olive oyl) maybe he bumped into a door with furry grubs all over it...you know - it's possible...possibly

Im sure I heard on the news or read somewhere when he was arrested on the Wed that
GBC had plans for later that week. I wonder what they were?

these are from the first theard

He sure was a clever dick that Maverick.....Certainly some inside knowledge it would seem..He did say he would come back though when an arrest was made...At least that is what I remember....Please Confirm??

Or maybe he will be back when the trial is over......In another 3 or more years!

Channel 10 news...he was millions of dollars in debt to many people...

Yep GBC was part of the GFC greed lead up link and paid the price and he felt that killing the mother of his three beautiful girls was worth him trying to bail his 10 shady companies out. Instead he cannot get bailed.

If I were to write what I think of him I would be banned, and alsomy blood pressure probably would skyrocket.

What a grub (the caterpillar would have taken a bite and spat it out if there ever was a caterpillar).

I am loosing it, taking a break.

The evidence which was presented in GBC's bail hearing today has been very damning to him! The Judge certainly said he believed it to be weighty enough to convict him of murder. That the children were home on the night she was murdered is just horrific: IMO at least one of the children has knowledge of events that night - at least of an argument. What a difficult/sad position for a child to be in, knowing their Mother has subsequently died.

Now that some of what happened has been revealed, surely GBC will now come to his senses and plead guilty to murdering his wife ..... and save his girls, and Allison's family and friends, and even his own family, from the terrible details that will inevitably be revealed in a trial.

This is one of the saddest cases I have ever encountered.

It was very damning indeed! And this is the bail hearing we are talking about... Imagine the committal.

I would be very surprised if he ever fessed up though

I really hope they are able to find the rest of the tooth...possibly in NBC's car or the home?

I am intrigued at what the QPS know and were looking for last night?

NBC seemed to be watching very intently - even leaning into the back of the car when the light was being shone around.....Still would like to know what was being asked to EBC while NBC was being distracted.

If Allison's mobile couldn't be located, I doubt they'd find a tiny tooth chip further than the home she was murdered in or the actual car that she was transported (removed from crime scene) in. However, it's a pity that her front teeth weren't discovered embedded in her murderer's most sensitive body part!
As for scratches ~ who knows ~ 'lovers' in extramarital affairs are frequent 'passion scratchers' ... & they also often leave love bites too! Maybe one of his affairs is hairy like a caterpillar. :floorlaugh:

Even I , a committed and proud and long term cynic underestimated the depth of Gerards stupidity by a country mile. .. this disappoints me somewhat..

There will be fraud, chicanery, fiscal nincompoopery on a scale with no measurement.

it is hard for me to believe that Olivia DIDNT know the outline of the prosecution case against Her Boy BEFORE she sent off that letter...

in fact, I have decided not to believe that. She knew. And Pastor Whatsit knew too. it was the last chance to scam, from a family of amatuer scammers.

Seeing OW walking out of the courts, it almost looks like (IMO) that she is very shocked. Question is...is she shocked at having her brother remain in remand, or that the courts would dare to treat one of the Baden-Clays in such a manner (i.e. sense of entitlement), a combination of both, or some other reason?

Or...

Maybe she's in shock finally hearing what has actually been going on with her oh-so-squeaky-clean-brother.

Being the wife of a man "of the cloth" she might be starting to re-assess her situation in sticking up for a man who appears to have been less than honest in his dealings.

Another thing which has me puzzled is the fact that he sort of tried to imply suicide (saying she was depressed and her body being found under a bridge) - which obviously is never paid out by insurance cos.

Maybe he was trying to imply that she was depressed, went for a walk and was attacked by a killer...

I dunno...my head hurts too (but only a "little bit") ;)

Life insurance policies can pay out on suicide (I am an ex financial adviser - not verified though ;) )

The policies I used to sell had an exclusion period of 13 months. But here in Oz, it can be varying waiting periods.

http://ezinsurance.com.au/Education-Centre/Life-Insurance-and-Suicide.html

Q. But really, what kind of total P**CK would you have to be, even in the worse financial situation imaginable, to kill your wife for a mere $900K instead of sucking it up and just declaring bankruptcy??

A. A self-important, psychopath who feels entitled to everything, without having to lift a finger...that's who.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes