NO BAIL! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, incredibly relieved that he didn't get bail or his precious suppression order.

Interesting to read a few of the apparent 'facts' from today's bail hearing, though horrific that it clearly points to premeditated murder. Not that I'm surprised at all.
I'm glad that some of those rumours have hopefully been put to rest. How on earth did that damned hand rumour even start?

Am I reading things right in that police don't know the cause of death, or is it just that they're not saying as yet? Wondering about the blood in the car, if there were no apparent injuries, but I guess it's quite possible to bleed from mouth/nose or even ear with a head injury or even some other internal injury. Surely the autopsy would show trauma to the skull or brain though.

thats a weird one for me L, i read somewhere that the police knew within the day what the COD was and that was why the body was released so quickly for the funeral.....

Great to come in here tonight and read this news.
Looks like we were close with some of our earlier thoughts as to how things went down.
If the girls were there that night, that answers for me why he called the police so early, and with such a stupid excuse re the walk.
He seems to be one of the most stupid killers ever, probably lots of other incriminating things he googled, how ironic that one of them was something about 'incriminating"
No doubt we will hear of more calls that night, and many more dumb stupid things he has done.
I'm sure the prosecution will have plenty more up their sleeves but have no need to reveal more than necessary at this stage.
Would love to know how many murders have been solved over the last 15 years or so, because of cell phone records.
Now I can concentrate on Nz's best who dunnit for years.
Seriously though is anyone following this case in Sydney about the rich doctor's wife found dead. I can find very little online about it, unless it's been solved, and I missed that, it is receiving very little publicity online, I have my suspicions about this case too.

The other thing that's baffling me is the whole insurance thing. They would have to have a body in order for there to be a pay-out wouldn't they, or a 7 year wait if there was no body ever found?

So did he want her body to be found do you think? And if so, was there possibly a tip-off as to where it was?

Maybe I've got my wires crossed on the insurance thing as I don't really know anything about it.

Another thing which has me puzzled is the fact that he sort of tried to imply suicide (saying she was depressed and her body being found under a bridge) - which obviously is never paid out by insurance cos.

Maybe he was trying to imply that she was depressed, went for a walk and was attacked by a killer...

I dunno...my head hurts too (but only a "little bit") ;)

FOR Gerard Baden-Clay, honesty has always been the best policy.

In his online blogs, his company profiles and in his capacity as a real estate industry leader, it's a topic he revisits over and over.

"In business, it's simple: never lie," he told The Courier-Mail in 2008.

"For starters, it's the wrong thing to do but secondly you will always get caught out and usually when you least expect it.

"There are just too many people, too many personalities, too many trails ... and too much to lose."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...built-on-honesty/story-e6freoof-1226340594889

He should have taken his own advice there, wouldnt be where he is today.

It would certainly make the payoff quicker, I would think. Except for that part about the coroner saying it was murder rather than an accident. If memory serves me right, insurance companies usually hold off until after the police make a determination. I'd love to know if a payout was given. I'd be really surprised if it was - but then, where did he get the money for the new digs if it wasn't? :waitasec:

Do you mean new digs as in new offices for his business?? They certainly weren't flash in comparison to his old digs.. more a downgrade.. tucked away in a office tower and only leasing the space.

I don't think a payout would have occured at all..

I thought that too Aberline, perhaps they were searching for evidence that they were ready to go on a road trip and board a plane to Africa,

Yes, I heard some rumours about him trying to apply for a passport for him and the girls, I had dismissed this as a silly rumour at the time. IMO MOO

Yep I have one.....was the strong, dependable sister at Skull Lodge on the night?????????????

someone has said in the last few days that she was in Brisbane, suppose to have been at the cross country event ion the Thursday morning.

Has any evidence been given as to when TM became aware of the murder? She must have wondered what was going on when Allison didn't front at the real estate conference,

I'm still confused about the blood in the car. My thoughts:
-if the only external injury was a chipped tooth, the blood couldn't have come from an external injury, unless of course, the gum bled from trauma
-if there were internal injuries that caused blood to be excreted from the mouth
-if she had a nose bleed (maybe possible if she was suffocated?)

1. Blood in car may be old and nothing to do with recent happenings.
2. Blood in car is recent - possibly menstrual.
3. Possibly after suffocation, air in lungs has dispelled, bringing a bit of frothy blood with it, which I believe can happen in asphyxia cases. Literally tiny droplets of blood which travel on the breath coming out.
4. Possibly she swallowed the tooth chip and it caused her throat or mouth to be cut?

However he provided a rare insight into his family life in November 2008, when he recounted his week as a sole parent, while his wife enjoyed a rare retreat from the demands of motherhood to celebrate her 40th birthday.

He spoke of his exhaustion, his failure to wash a single load of laundry and the mundane responsibilities that come with parenthood.

"The past week I have been trying to do my best impersonation of my dear wife – and struggling!" he wrote.

"I thought that I was pretty in tune with the day-to-day routine, but I can honestly say that this week has given me a real insight into the challenges of managing a family.

"Waking up, getting dressed, having breakfast, making lunches, getting to school, collecting from school, bath, cook dinner, eat dinner, homework, teeth, bed! And that doesn't include any extracurricular activities like ballet, swimming and music!

"And, I haven't done any vacuuming, dusting, cleaning or a single load of washing!

"Despite these challenges (and the associated exhaustion!), I have enjoyed some wonderful times with my children both individually and collectively.

"Whether it be a few minutes playing in the park, a snatched moment whilst getting them ready for bed, or just the simple pleasure of talking about life whilst driving to and from school, kindy and a host of other activities!

"The startling revelation personally, has been the realisation that I am NOT superman after all!"

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/from-role-model-to-accused-murderer-20120615-20fa5.html

I think he still thought he was "superman" if he thought for a second that he could get away with this... I feel like in his mind he thought that no one will make a real fuss about allison going missing. I really think that the actions of the police that morning would of shocked him, maybe he thought in a few months, with my new life everyone will forget and move on...

If that was the case, thank god he was wrong

Do any long time posters recall maverick.au and his initial post with comments? Spot on it seems.

Mr Davis said his client should have bail so he can continue caring for his children.

He said Mr Baden-Clay had no valid passport at the moment.

Mr Davis said there has been no cause of death, no evidence putting him at Kholo Creek, no sightings of the car and no evidence of a time of death.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...lay-bail-hearing/story-e6freon6-1226405120615

It might be interesting to discuss the other side of the coin. Any thoughts on the above arguments from the defense?

My thoughts..if I can say.

1) he should not be allowed out to care for his Kids if there is compelling evidence against him.. How was killing their mother caring for them?(Still sort of alledged until trial)

B) Passport..so.. still a risk regardless

C) as for no cause of death etc..well I think the prosecution put fwd enough to be damning.. and I guess defence will say whatever they need to try to offer doubt!

MOO and sorry for brevity, but got to dash..

I thought that too Aberline, perhaps they were searching for evidence that they were ready to go on a road trip and board a plane to Africa,

Yes...with a whole new bearded look on passport..

Mr Davis said his client should have bail so he can continue caring for his children.

Mr Davis said there has been no cause of death, no evidence putting him at Kholo Creek, no sightings of the car and no evidence of a time of death.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...lay-bail-hearing/story-e6freon6-1226405120615

It might be interesting to discuss the other side of the coin. Any thoughts on the above arguments from the defense?

I just spent ten minutes typing out a big argument for GBC, FROM THE ANGLE OF THE DEFENSE...only to reach the point in my argument where he makes a phone call to his father, whilst he was supposedly sleeping soundly throughout the night. This kind of puts a halt to EVERYTHING... mostly what is facing him is circumstantial, it appears at this point...but the phone call, I cant find a way around that one

On point number 8

Perhaps Allison mentioned after the Insurance company phone call that they could no longer afford the policy. He therefore needed to act quickly. He perhaps rang them again to check she hadn't cancelled the policy before Allison's death...IMO MOO

An excellent observation!
Maybe Allison had threatened to cancel these (citing financial reasons), but maybe primarily to note his reaction to such a suggestion, because surely if he went ballistic on hearing such, she would've known that he had devious intentions in mind. Just my opinion.
Oh! Surely such life policies require both parties signatures? Maybe he called to decline signing any possible cancellation on Allison's part???

He could claim that he had a violent nightmare and accidentally smothered her in his sleep.He then woke in a semi conscious state,still rattled by the dream and rang mummy and daddy as he was a little bit scared.Delirious and frightened he made a very bad choice to concoct his devious plan.All speculation of course.Not my opinion of what happened just a possible excuse that may be provided

Do any long time posters recall maverick.au and his initial post with comments? Spot on it seems.

Yes I remember Maverick.au posting, but can't remember all the details. He did say something was found in the back of one of their cars (did he say blood?)

Can you remember what else he said Thinking? Cause of death?

I do remember he sounded like he had some definite inside knowledge.

well, the amount of information that has been released today has my head in such a &%#^$^$# I dont even have a word for it!!! I have flitted back and forth on my STUPID phone, trying to decide whether to go over it all or stay updated with the latest posts!!! I am EXHAUSTED!! I am also feeling so saddened that what happened to Allison appears to have boiled down to a greedy, slutty man who had no balls to do the right thing by his long suffering wife whom he must have loved so much at one time (and who wouldn't?? she was, by all accounts, a beautiful, intelligent gifted, and lovely woman, WAY better than the likes of her husband. Instead of a touch of honesty and decency, he tried to capitalise on whatever he could to benefit his situation...it makes me SICK!!!!!

So, if you all don't mind, could you refrain from posting anymore for the next hour or so???? I will read quickly, catch up, hopefully made at least one sensible post relating to the day's crazy events and what it all means, then you can all carry on...Im back on a computer

Thanks,

Stressed minni x
Relax Minni!!
I was in a worse predicament. My daughter had booked us both into a spa for a body warming relaxing spa, massage and skin brush, one of my mother's day presents. She had planned a day off from work for both of us to go and picked me up at 11.45 (I was still onmy IPad ). All I can tell you is that I didn't relax that much as i just kept thinking about the bail application, and just wanted to get home, than realised I was about 20 pages behind. Thank the goddess that all went well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karmalicious478