NO BAIL! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The ch 10 reporter said that he owes money in 3 gentlemen agreements. What are gentlemen agreements please!!!!!!!!!!!!

curious too!
I wonder if he was a member of any exclusive gentlemans clubs, would make sense considering his passion for networking...

A chipped tooth may create bleeding, the broken part could bleed....or if you have bitten down on your tongue....

Mr Davis said his client should have bail so he can continue caring for his children.

He said Mr Baden-Clay had no valid passport at the moment.

Mr Davis said there has been no cause of death, no evidence putting him at Kholo Creek, no sightings of the car and no evidence of a time of death.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...lay-bail-hearing/story-e6freon6-1226405120615

It might be interesting to discuss the other side of the coin. Any thoughts on the above arguments from the defense?

Could this mean that it just wasn't presented at the bail hearing?? There were comments made indicating that the prosecution didn't have to present all their findings at the bail hearing. Maybe our 'court' posters can shed some light.

Does anyone know if the Century 21 decals on the car are stickers or magnets? I read his lawyer said no one saw him at Kholo Creek, but perhaps the decals could have easily been removed and the plates changed with a 'regular' non-personalized plate.

Crown prosecutor Danny Boyle said while the evidence against Baden-Clay was largely circumstantial, the combination of circumstances surrounding the case was compelling.

My partner can't understand how he didn't get bail just over the flight risk. My partner said if he had a passport he wouldn't be allowed to use it.

Also he can't understand why the news reports say
Defence counsel Peter Davis SC said the case against Baden-Clay was entirely circumstantial.

A post-mortem examination of Allison Baden-Clay's body revealed no external injuries except a chipped tooth, Mr Davis said.

"There is no evidence of the cause of death, there is no real evidence of the geographic location of the death, and there is not evidence that places my client at the bridge (near where Allison's body was found)," he told the court.

There was also no evidence of a weapon and no evidence that Baden-Clay had left home on the night of his wife's disappearance, he said.

So if they have none of that evidence my partner is wondering what they are using for evidence??

I just did some searches on incriminating behaviour and found this, which I think someone else may have looked at too;
These are a list of ten extremely important tips to remember if you should ever be arrested. They can get you out of trouble if you use them effectively.
Let me begin by saying I was arrested recently and I most likely would have had all my charges dropped if I had followed these 10 simple tips. These tips can make all the difference in whether or not you have to go to jail or even get arrested in the first place. Please remember these tips if you get in a tight spot, they will really come in handy.
Do Not Get Caught
Don’t get caught at any cost and if at all possible. That is the easiest way to stay out of trouble. If that fails move on to the next steps.
Do Not Talk to The Police
First and foremost do not talk to the police. You do not have to tell them anything whatsoever, that will only help them build a case against you. Tell them simply that you wish to speak to your attorney and that’s it.
Do Not Fall For Police Tricks
The police have plenty of clever ways to try to get you to admit to something and incriminate yourself. These include made up confessions from other people, threats, intimidation tactics, false evidence, good cop/bad cop and many more. Again do not fall for any of these, just continue to assert that you want to talk to your attorney and that’s it.
Do Not Make a Written Statement
Read more in Law
«*By Law I Cut You Dead or AliveThe Erosion of Civil Liberties in England and the UK.*»
Do not make a written statement to the police even though they may promise to give you better treatment if you cooperate. If they have become that desperate it probably means the only thing they have against to convict you on is the statement that they are trying to convince you to make. Do not give in.
Do Take Note of Their Actions
Take note of all the actions of the police. Pay special attention to anything they do to you that you think is illegal or unfair. If the police mistreat you or do not use proper conduct and procedures you may be able to get off when your case goes to trial.
Do Not Incriminate Yourself
If you do for some reason make a statement to the police be sure that it is not incriminating. It is better that it not be true than incriminate you. If your statement is not true make sure it is something you can remember (vaguer ones will be easier to remember) so your story doesn’t change and the police do not accuse you of lying.
Do Be Cooperative
Cooperate with the police so that the judicial system will treat you favorably. This does not mean you have to incriminate yourself, it simply means that you are polite and assertive at the same time. At the same time do not so the police any type of fear, even if you are scared, because the police will exploit it.
Do Not Talk To Anyone About Your Arrest
Don’t talk to anybody about your arrest or the crimes you may have committed. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law.
Do Find a Good Attorney
Find an attorney that will fight hard to win your case and always act in your best interest. A good attorney will find holes in the prosecutions case that can be exploited to your benefit. It may be expensive, but if you can afford it higher the best attorney that you can.
Do Send These Tips To Friends
Make sure your accomplices (if you have any) follow these same tips so that they don’t incriminate you. It does not matter what you do if one of your accomplices confesses or something of that nature. The is an extremely important rule so be sure to follow it.

Read more: http://socyberty.com/law/ten-tips-t...n-likely-when-you-get-arrested/#ixzz1yVPOgVB5

EXCEPTIONAL ADVICE Rational ~ only! here in Africa, #3 doesn't work, because it's VITAL to talk to the police ~ with $ and then run or drive away as fast as you can. They'll be pissed on the alcohol purchased with your $ in no time too! :floorlaugh:

Does anyone know if the Century 21 decals on the car are stickers or magnets? I read his lawyer said no one saw him at Kholo Creek, but perhaps the decals could have easily been removed and the plates changed with a 'regular' non-personalized plate.

Crown prosecutor Danny Boyle said while the evidence against Baden-Clay was largely circumstantial, the combination of circumstances surrounding the case was compelling.

My partner can't understand how he didn't get bail just over the flight risk. My partner said if he had a passport he wouldn't be allowed to use it.

Defence counsel Peter Davis SC said the case against Baden-Clay was entirely circumstantial.

A post-mortem examination of Allison Baden-Clay's body revealed no external injuries except a chipped tooth, Mr Davis said.

"There is no evidence of the cause of death, there is no real evidence of the geographic location of the death, and there is not evidence that places my client at the bridge (near where Allison's body was found)," he told the court.

There was also no evidence of a weapon and no evidence that Baden-Clay had left home on the night of his wife's disappearance, he said.

So if they have none of that evidence my partner is wondering what they are using for evidence??

one frustrated overseas chick here who can't get access to Channel Ten (won't allow it in my country). So if you can summarise for me, I would be really happy! Or is there somewhere else where they have a list of all the debt? I can just imagine how desperate he was getting in those final days. I was married to a gambler and the increased desperation that comes from fear of being found out causes people to get increasingly reckless.

Angel....ALL of this....

But Justice Boddice rejected that claim, saying the circumstantial case had many factors that "if accepted by a jury" would make for a strong argument.

He said those included:

- Baden-Clay was the last person to see his wife alive.

- He had injuries to his face that he claimed were from shaving, but a forensic analysis concluded to the contrary. The analysis showed the marks were scratches.

- He told police that he was a heavy sleeper and had no idea whether his wife had come to bed but forensic analysis from his mobile phone showed it had been unplugged from its charger at 8.45pm on April 19 and reconnected at 1.48am on April 20. Police also found evidence of a "face time" call between Baden-Clay and his father Nigel's number shortly after midnight.

- Allison's blood was found in the rear of Baden-Clay's car, consistent with "her body being moved by being placed in the rear of the car".

- Baden-Clay was suffering severe financial difficulties and was due a large insurance payout on his wife's death.

- He contacted the insurance company after a body was discovered but before it was identified as being his wife. Baden-Clay demanded an urgent copy of Allison's death certificate and then made an immediate claim on the policy.

- He had been having an affair with another woman and told police it was long over but evidence presented by police alleged it was ongoing and that Baden-Clay had planned to leave his wife for his mistress by July 1.

- Entries in Allison's journal on April 18 and 19 talked of the affair and a hand drawn map of Ms McHugh's home was allegedly done by Baden-Clay - proving, the crown alleged, that they had been speaking about his relationship with another woman.

"I do not accept the contention that the crown case is a weak case," Justice Boddice said.

He said despite having many links to the community, the risk of flight was too great.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...lay-bail-hearing/story-e6freon6-1226405120615

Oops, thought it was running at royal ascot, Perth, NOT royal ascot in England, my bad!!!

It's om;y a little bit further away!

On a serious note, may GBC thought "well, 11 days have gone by and Dt Ainsworth doen't have a clue, I can claim the insurance!!! and digs a deeper hole for himself - he is dumber than I thought:banghead:

MOO

My thoughts:

GBC allegedly murders ABC in the heat of the moment (or otherwise).
Eventually calls mum and dad who both come over
Mum stays with the children
Dad and son dispose of the body
On the way back son drops dad at the roundabout bus stop - Dad's idea as he doesn't want to be seen
When son gets home, mum leaves, picks up dad and heads home.
The next day mum and dad clean house to remove any sign of evidence

Then there's the "kiss" which says "we B...C's" are far too clever - you'll never catch us.

Etc Etc

Any thoughts ??

Sounds about right. Then a pesky school mum knocks on the door early in the morning which forces GBC to call police much earlier than he would have preferred...? IMO

Sounds about right. Then a pesky school mum knocks on the door early in the morning which forces GBC to call police much earlier than he would have preferred...? IMO

I don't think there was anything wrong with the timing of his call, he expected Allison was leaving the house about 7am for the conference, so I think it was always his intention to call sometime soon after 7am

So if they have none of that evidence my partner is wondering what they are using for evidence??[/QUOTE

Are you serious??????? Danny Boyle made it very clear and it seems the Judge thought so too!!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c76CI6vtixI&feature=player_detailpage"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c76CI6vtixI&feature=player_detailpage[/ame]

He was right about one thing, he has great family support...

one frustrated overseas chick here who can't get access to Channel Ten (won't allow it in my country). So if you can summarise for me, I would be really happy! Or is there somewhere else where they have a list of all the debt? I can just imagine how desperate he was getting in those final days. I was married to a gambler and the increased desperation that comes from fear of being found out causes people to get increasingly reckless.

I think Marly posted a link back a few posts. My mistake, it is not the incredible Marlywings it is honest to goodness bikerchick

News online from Channel Ten. http://ten.com.au/ten-news-brisbane.htm

I think the phone charging records and phone call at 12:30am? are very interesting.
I wonder if he was told that before telling police his movements.

On a side note, does anyone have those links that Watkins (maybe?) posted regarding defamation on forums a week or two ago?
I forgot to bookmark them and need to reference them.

I love this...its like a hybrid of Hawkins and Watsonian Institute. I mean no disrespect of course Wakeskate...if fact I havent even checked if we HAVE a Watkins! either way...Im a fan!

So if they have none of that evidence my partner is wondering what they are using for evidence??[/QUOTE

Are you serious??????? Danny Boyle made it very clear and it seems the Judge thought so too!!!!

Dont even try to explain it, you would be wasting your breath lol.

Do you really think he would be concerned about the childrens' welfare when he had just murdered their mother? Doesn't seem to me like the sort of thing he would worry about - only has to leave them alone for the rest of their lives after all this.

MOO

IMO, It was possibly Mother's idea to stay with the children, just in case they woke up - after all, there had been a lot of noise presumably.

:jail:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member