NO BAIL! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It may be so, but the body had not been identified as being Allison's until the following day. Highly suss IMO.

Yeaaa.. I am adding it to the other million other suss things he did over the couple of months!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quite often you will find that partners will start the claim process early on insurance policies due to the financial pressures of funeral costs (some insurance claims have a special release condition where you get a small portion of funds early for immediate costs (same as some superannuation funds) ... And when a partner passes the funeral costs combined with no working, or getting legal help, psychologists etc .. It doesn't take long for you to switch to survival mode and lodge a claim yourself (Or due to legal advice).

Your spouse or partner is found murdered..in the mud under a bridge. To then be contacting insurance companies on that very day is so far outside the realms of normal human behaviour is, in my opinion, absolutely macabre

I don't think I would like to be on the jury, but would love to be able to watch proceedings.
There are not many unsecured loans made to companies by banks. Exposure to loss is the bottom line with Banks. You have to have an exemplary proven track record. Also, you can only gain early access to superannuation if you are in ill health or have a terminal illness. Or are behind in your mortgage and the bank has served notice on you in regards to mortgagee possession.Other than that, tough luck. And business debts are not even considered. Has to be arrears on the family home. In all cases they will only release an amount that will pay your medical expenses or clear home loan arrears. They make you jump through hoops.
I think if you're the murderer, the further away the body, the better. QPS took a long time to charge GBC. I'm sure they would have investigated every aspect of GBC and ABCs lives. They wouldn't want any surprises at trial.
All of the above is my opinion, which, when we come down to it, will have no effect on the outcome whatsoever.

Indeed, particularly in light of the GFC and the collapse of those banks.

Off topic but 5 years ago I lived in an area very similar to Brookfield but outside Sydney...It was a low blocked house way back from the road, bushland at the back and many shrubs etc at the front...A very leafy area as Brookfield appears to be...

This particular night my partner had gone to bed which was at the other end of the house from where I was working late...The room I was working in was basically all glass sliding doors, there were drapes but we rarely used them in summer...

I was working on the computer when something made me turn around and it was a guy coming into the room behind me through the glass doors which were possibly about 10/12 feet away...I had music on but not loud...

I screamed and fortunately my partner woke immediately and the guy ran out the doors back up into the bushland...The police were called and came again next morning and found where he had been watching me whilst hiding behind shrubbery front and back as they found cigarette butts there and could tell someone had been standing there for some time...They did not catch him btw...

We also had a dog (elderly) who was asleep on the patio until I screamed and she did not awaken even though he must have been watching the house close to where she was sleeping... I had gone outside after my partner had gone to bed to take rubbish out, watered some pots on the patio, put items into my car for an early morning start etc as I always did and it appears all the time he would have been watching me...Gives me the creeps just recalling it...

Until this point in time I had no fear whatsoever and we rarely locked doors unless we were leaving the premises as we felt very safe there...Since then we have moved and now as much as I love trees and shrubbery and open spaces...I find now I am so security conscious, nothing in the front that anyone can hide behind to watch the house, security gates so noone can get to the back etc and always have the drapes pulled as soon as it starts to become dark...
Part of my childhood was on a property out west so I was not the frightened type, now I am so wary and a different person because of it...

•$275,000 owed in "gentlemen's agreements" with three friends

3 Female friends maybe??

Your spouse or partner is found murdered..in the mud under a bridge. To then be contacting insurance companies on that very day is so far outside the realms of normal human behaviour is, in my opinion, absolutely macabre

:-( you would be surprised then.. It happens more than we might think. Often when a body hasn't been discovered for a significant amount of time.. But family and friends are preparing for the worst this is one of those things that family and legal reps will have on their list.

In sudden deaths such as accidents it may take loved ones longer to react and think of these things due immediate issues of confusion and anguish but then once the dust begins to settle you start thinking about the welfare and financial security of your family and children.

IMO only... Everyone acts differently.. But very few can say they have experienced such a situation. I hope I didn't offend u marlywigs. :(

As a loans officer for a bank for 15 years, I can assure you that no financial institution would lend to a company without guarantees from the directors. This would, not only link in anything owned by the directors as security for the debt, it also ensures the Directors give the business their best because what they own is at stake.
Also, for franchises like Century 21, guarantees from the owners of the whole franchise name can be taken as security. Involving the big boys would be quite embarrassing for GBC and the family. IMO

Thanks Louise :) and Kruger and bjsleuth too - what you have stated is the reality of company law in practice.

It may be so, but the body had not been identified as being Allison's until the following day. Highly suss IMO.

Yep, reminds me of a case where police rang a husband and told him they'd found a homeless woman they suspected was his wife and he said "It's not her!" How did he know this? Because he had murdered her and knew where she was.

IMO we can't forget that police force individuals are not always clean and law abiding citizens. Just think of Rodney King in the US. IMO most police officers do a fantastic job, but there are rotten apples in every industry and the poster you are alluding to may have had bad experiences with police? We don't know.

I do agree. I believe for the most part they are upstanding and hard working. However with any community, or anything in the human race, there will be good and bad. I do find it a bit offensive though for all to be tarred with the same brush, which I did feel the poster in question did do. They may have had bad experience and of course that will colour their view. But others may have had different experience or have relatives and loved ones In the Police and have an insight from that side and so their opinions will be different and may be somewhat upset by blanket statements alluding to Police in a negative way.

MOO

Those were before she disappeared, but I'm asking your thoughts on the calls made by GBC the day the body was located.

It is possible that it had not been officially released to the public that day but family had been informed it was almost certainly Allison..

I wonder if the Defence Triplets are now getting concerned after learning of the guilty verdict in the Sica trial. Considering it took years to arrest Sica, and only 2 months to arrest GBC, will the trio now ponder if their job is more difficult than what they initially thought?

Yep, reminds me of a case where police rang a husband and told him they'd found a homeless woman they suspected was his wife and he said "It's not her!" How did he know this? Because he had murdered her and knew where she was.

bet that was a oops:doh: did I just say that? moment!.. Telling them before he sees her, thats its not her..

I wonder if the Defence Triplets are now getting concerned after learning of the guilty verdict in the Sica trial. Considering it took years to arrest Sica, and only 2 months to arrest GBC, will the trio now ponder if their job is more difficult than what they initially thought?

Yep, wasn't most of the evidence against Sica circumstantial.. I don't remember much real proof evidence, or perhaps I have fogotten now..

It is possible that it had not been officially released to the public that day but family had been informed it was almost certainly Allison..

Almost certainly though is not proof for insurance purposes.. I would think, and everyones different..but most people would at least wait for confirmation..not the first thing you think to do before it is confirmed it is your spouses' body. I think its odd, but in itself does not mean guilty.. It certainly is suss IMO and add to all the other 'suss' stuff is compelling.

Interesting.

So, there was $290K due by June 30. SO the QPS say.

QPS also say that GBC made a commitment to be with McHugh around the same date?

So, lets put two and two together and we get:

GBC promised to McHugh that he would be out of debt by June 30.

Let me say this: That is highly imaginitive of the QPS!

I think a more likely scenario is that GBC had decided that he would let the business fold by that date and not pay the BUSINESS debt. Pty Ltd, no skin off his nose.... really. Certainly not murder, thats just stupid.

Sorry I have been catching up on posts today and have noticed quite a few regarding finances. Having worked in the finance industry for more than 20 years, including over 10 years lending experience I can confidently say that nearly $1m debt is a hell of a lot for Real Estate franchise. I can also tell you that 99% of the time business lending is secured by personal guarantees from Directors of companies and if this is the case for GBC he most certainly will have skin of his nose. MOO

I think we could name quite a few people who would not think the QPS is squeaky clean.

I just think we should remember what the forum is about. Allison being murdered in cold blood.

And hoping the QPS can convict the correct person..

When my girls were growing up I would say to people I don't give a damn if police are crooked or not, every one of them would put their life on the line for my kids.

After reading many posts by Lightning Jack, I would like to make some comment on GBC's capacity to successfully conduct himself in business and finance management (both cashflow and assets).

The CV tendered to the court stated that GBC received a TE score of 900. A ranking you get when you matriculated/graduated from high school (Year 12 in Qld). For those "not in the know", the TE score pre-dated the OP score here in Queensland. The highest TE score was 995 and it incremented downwards in points of 5. You pretty much needed a TE score of 995 or at least 990 to get into study medicine. 980 ish upwards would get you into law. The point I am making here is that a TE score of 900 is pretty low down the food chain in the way of academic merit. I could believe someone with that score might be able to do an accounting degree but I would be absolutely astonished to hear of anyone with a score that low having the capacity to go on to get e.g. CPA.

I have commented earlier that the Brookfield Road home had been rented for six years. I accept that many choose the path not to enter home buying, but that seems completely out of character for anyone who works in the industry. So ... that tells me that there was not the means to purchase a property. Perhaps even prior to renting this property, there had been a forced sale of property/assets.

The logical extension of that (IMO) is that this family had escalating debts which had accumulated over many years and perhaps reached their heights, particularly after a large post-flood (2011) market downslide. To me that makes $1M in debt a biggie.

Lightning Jack is very dismissive of scale or severity of the GBC debts that have been put out in the media. My thinking is that this is completely off base. We are talking about someone who not so long ago drove around in a Lexus (all FLASH, no CASH). Indeed any accountant I would engage would tell you quick smart that a motor vehicle is one of the fast depreciating assets you can own.

Did GBC have any business savvy? (IMO) Definitely not.
Was it likely he found himself in a DIRE financial position? (IMO) Definiately so.

Many years ago I worked as a claims assessor for a large Life Assurance company in Brisbane. You would be suprised how many people did just that.

I still remember one particular case of a child who went missing and the parents contacted us in regards to the procedure if he was found dead. Sadly he was(parents not involved in death).

Many times it was because police/funeral companies/solicitors advised them to move on it immediately. Some for their own reasons I guess but it was not a rarity for this to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scyna0895