Votes: 50 17.5%
  • Yes, Not Enough Evidence to Prove Her Guilty

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • No, But Believe in Jury Outcome

Votes: 43 15.0%
  • No, Enough Evidence Exists to Prove Guilt Right Now

Votes: 188 65.7%

• Total voters
I honestly believe Casey is guilty, but at the same time, I do in all honesty believe I could be a fair and impartial juror. To be a juror in this case doesn't mean you would have never heard of the case. It only means that you would be willing to hold the state to their burden of proving Casey is guilty. As much as I would hate to vote NG, if the state didn't meet the burden in my eyes, I most definitely would vote NG. I do believe I could toss away all my preconceived opinions and hold the state to their burden.

If I were convinced the state met that burden, I could then opt for death, too.

So, if I can hold this opinion of my own standards, yes, I most definitely think Casey can get a fair trial (outside of the Orlando area - or at minimal, bringing jurors in from another area). I have a feeling, however, that the defense will only believe it was fair if Casey walks.

Baez may think he's got the cream of the crop on his team, but this is a smoke and mirrors defense. I wouldn't call any of them exceptional and I don't think any of them will be a benefit to the defense team. Baez would have been better to go with experts who knew their field inside and out, yet weren't known nationally. The entire defense has no credibility, IMO. Baez isn't intelligent enough to realize it though. So, when Casey is convicted, he'll be in, "Shock and Awe."

I think it is so sad that the LE in Orlando looks to the message boards to see what they should do next. You all say "Lee is the father of Caylee", and the next thing you know they are taking cheek swabs from Lee's mouth to test. No wonder they have one of the highest rates of false convictions in the US.

And I could not in good conscience be selected for this jury, and it's not because I can't be fair or open-minded. I have already looked at way too much of the evidence regarding this case, discussed it, debated it, etc. This case is going to drag on for a while, and maybe in the jury room I would bring up evidence not allowed in the trial, not on purpose, but just because there is so MUCH evidence. That wouldn't be right.
Lanie

This isn't really true. In the Phil Spector case, a Dateline reporter, who had read everything and anything he could get his hands on, AND was scheduled to serve as the reporter hired to cover the story for that show, winded up as a juror in the first trial. He never lied about a thing, though, and IMO, that's what separates who should and should not serve. The defense accepted him, and he served. He even stated that he thought PS was guilty, but said, it would be hard to unring that bell, but not impossible.

As long as you're honest, hold the state to their threshold of proof, and are accepted by both sides, there is nothing wrong with having formed preconceived opinions. It's only if you feel you couldn't set those preconceived opinions aside when reaching a verdict that truly counts, IMO.

BTW, the Dateline reporter voted guilty in that trial.

I think it is so sad that the LE in Orlando looks to the message boards to see what they should do next. You all say "Lee is the father of Caylee", and the next thing you know they are taking cheek swabs from Lee's mouth to test. No wonder they have one of the highest rates of false convictions in the US.

I can assure you, it's not only LE in Orlando that checks the message boards out. I'm sure she's a poster here as well, but a poster on CTV (now In Session) was contacted by prosecutors in the Scott Peterson case. She had taken some photographs that prosecutors felt were helpful to their case and they had her all set to testify in that case. Of course, Mark Geragos just stipulated to the truthfulness of that photo, and the poster never had to testify.

Daniel Horowitz and his former wife, Pamela Vitale, frequently used message boards, too. In the trial against Scott Dyleski, tons of searches showed up on their computers to message boards to get insight into the Polk case. I recall speaking with Dan on a couple occassions on the above mentioned board, too.

These types of sites are used because the sheer number of posters who participate. Only a moron wouldn't take advantage of all those opinions, IMO. Most people who post have followed their share of trials, too, so they do have a bit of insight that might not be seen in the general population.

I am welcoming all the discussion on this. And even though some of the people that live in my area say they dont know much about the case, I still think they are going to have to move the trial. Too much publicity has been out there - and negative to KC. I also am glad that we do have the court system that we have - no offense, but I prefer the US system rather than the German one.

I have to admit that I wonder if Florida's Sunshine Law helps to create much media attention due to release of information that may otherwise be kept until trial. Imo it helps to create a circus. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thecovert
Back